the Rift

[OPEN] Meet me at the border || Adrixaura

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I have to say, I'm pretty good at adventuring. Mom said to stay at the place where I was born, but there was all that white stuff everywhere, and I tried to lie down and take a nap, but it only burned me some more. It must hate me for being so broken because Mom didn't seem so bothered by it when she was lying down in it, and she was lying in it a lot while sleeping. Finally I was able to find a place that didn't have the nasty stuff in it. Soon I fell asleep and when I woke up, Mom was gone. Yeah, her foot prints where in the white stuff, and I could follow it, but I wanted to see what this place was like on my own. Maybe there was places like the place I fell asleep in near by and I wouldn't have to be burned by it.
Yet now, I can see looking for places that didn't burn was harder than thought. The stuff was everywhere, and luckily it quit falling down from the sky, though now there was this thing in the sky that when you looked at it, it made my eyes burn and water like when I fell down. My legs had failed me many of times now because I kept falling, and now everything hurt. Sitting down would just be defeat, and if there was anyone around to see me, I'd probably be laughed at. That seems like my thing, messing up and falling down because my legs aren't too good. Mom will have to teach me how to work them better soon because I'm never going to get this down.
Since she left, I wanted to try out new things. Instead of walking, I wanted to move faster. So I tried running, and finally got it down. If only Mom was around to me learn to run, but that isn't so bad. I'll show her when I see her next. Above me there are all these different noises and flying things I was told where birds that stayed year long. I'm not sure what a 'year' is, but it might mean they stay for some period of time. Right, finding Mom and showing her that I figured out how to run seems like my big goal at the moment. It seems like every five minutes I've got a new goal to do, and find a way to achieve it. Somehow it was making me feel a bit better, and helped me ignore the fact that my legs are wobbly and I fall down a lot and at some point my horn is gonna fall off like Mom's did.
Before me was a hill, and maybe I could run down it. Sounds like a perfect idea, if I should say. And it's my idea, isn't it? It's perfect, no changing it or telling me it isn't. So I'm going to do it. Starting off I kind of half bounced, half jumped, from the top and then somewhat landed on my hooves before falling on my side. So okay, running down the hill is out of the picture and sliding is the new thing. I didn't want to slide as much as I wanted to run, so I panicked and screamed most of the way down because the white burning stuff was touching me and being even more of a jerk and burning me more. Mom will have to get on to it when I find her soon.
At the bottom of the hill was nothing, well not nothing, it was just more of the jerky white stuff and no trees. I slid into a big pile of it before emerging somewhat virtious from it. A pout and a frown comes across my face because I want Mom now and she isn't around. But, as if she heard me, I could smell her. I wanted to yell 'Mom! Mom! I'm over here!' at her, and when I opened my mouth, all that came out was a squeak. Again. Talking still not there yet. So this means I've got to find her on my own because she wouldn't hear my weird squeak and come to my aid.
It took a bit of running (which I think I got down now) to find her, and once I saw her big white body, I moved towards her at a walk, content with myself. And then she just took off runnning!!!! She was running away from me! What did I do, Mom? Or maybe she was just playing! That's it, she's wanting me to play tag with her!
My little legs chased her and I was careful not to fall down and have the white stuff burn me more, and she just stopped! This isn't how the game works, Mom. I'm supposed to chase you and you run from me, and when I tag you, you chase me and I run from you. Not you stopping suddenly. I almost got to her when she turned to the left or which ever way it, I don't know the difference between left and right. I don't even know what left and right is! I'm just guessing and going with what I think is right.
And then up ahead, I saw Mom!
Mom wasn't actually alone, because there was a dark brown stallion with a black mane like Mom's standing there. And then another stallion came along that looked kind of like me! Except he had white stuff all over him. How did it not burn him when it burned me so much? Jerk! But Mom is endanger, and I want to be making sure Mom is alright so I ran up to her and stood beside her. This time I was going to get my voice to work. I pulled up my might, took a breathe, and tried for words.
A squeak.
If I could blush, I would. But I couldn't, and my first meeting with anyone other my mom is starting with my embarrassing myself. Mom's black tail is enough to hide in, so I pushed my face and head into the mass of black strands and stood there. Oh, don't let them laugh at me. I know I'm a laughing stock and broken and my precious horn is going to fall off like Mom's did, but laughing at me would probably make me cry. I need to a way to hide, to blend in with my surroundings, but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. Because nope, I tend to do embarrassing things and I can't protect my mom when she is probably in danger. A pout escapes me from inside Mom's tail and staying there is my new way of hiding. No one can see here, and I won't let them see me here. Mom won't let them see me either.

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Meet me at the border || Adrixaura - by Tonka - 06-09-2013, 10:02 AM
RE: Meet me at the border || Adrixaura - by Adrixaura - 06-09-2013, 12:59 PM
RE: Meet me at the border || Adrixaura - by Roy - 06-09-2013, 03:49 PM
RE: Meet me at the border || Adrixaura - by Sikeax - 06-09-2013, 04:05 PM
RE: Meet me at the border || Adrixaura - by Knox - 06-09-2013, 07:52 PM
RE: Meet me at the border || Adrixaura - by Tonka - 06-14-2013, 05:05 PM