the Rift

[PRIVATE] Out of the coldness || Chemical

Tonka Posts: 87
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18 hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Sky

White blurred the vision of Tonka as he trudged around to find an ice cave. Shivers were rising through his spine as coldness flooded his muscular body. Fresh snow that was past the height of his hocks laid in his path. Eyes like a night sky searched the blank white area, hoping to find a source of shelter. He moved slowly as he a figure of a cave faintly in the distance. Within a couple of minutes, the dark bay brute was out of the blinding whiteness of falling snow, and safely inside.

Tonka needed to talk to someone about his group. He needed to talk to his most trusted member, Chemical. He knew that the Frozen Arch was way too cold to be living in, especially when it was Frostfall. He had never experienced such coldness that actually brought shivers up his bones, and for newcomers that have never been in icy lands before, this weather would be deadly.

His nostrils flared as he quietly waited to see the black winged mare. Although he had not sent out a call to her, Tonka knew that she would be searching for a place to keep warm. A black hoove pawed at the ground as his dark muzzle dripped down to touch the permafrost floor. That was another problem. No vegetation could grow in such conditions. How was he suppost to keep a family alive with no food? The dark brute grunted as he waited. His ears were forward as he waited to hear sound other than the hissing winds from outside.

[[This must be my post suckish post ever… So sorry :\]]

Credits!!

Chemical Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away and know when to run.

It had been a long flight from the Threshold to the point morning was approaching. I needed to find Tonka and discuss so many things with him. I felt as though my own safety was at stake now and when I got that feeling, my past had told that I was one to abort the mission. Afterall, I did not fight to the death when the outcome was not in my favor. So many creatures were against us and living in a place such as this frozen wasteland was certainly no way to welcome lost beings searching for a family to call home.

I spotted him, entering a cave to escape the snow stabbing me in the face as I flew straight through it. I quickly dove for the cave to escape it and thrust my wings out to slow my demise from the frigid air. "Tonka, I have many things to discuss with you." My crimson orbs eyed him for a second, then I shook my freezing coat. Not even my shaggy, long-haired body could protect me from the feeling it delivered to me. I was uncomfortable here, now.

"Listen, I wish for you to hear me out and in no way mean disrespect. I've been warned thrice. We are hated and I've been told I need to get my ass out of here for my own life is at stake. Our numbers are little and the odds are against us, right now. This damn freeze box is going to freeze us all to death and to the ones not used to it? Hell, I feel as though they'll leave for their own sake. We need more allies than foes if we wish to be liked. With so many hating us right now, we're not going to be liked. We're putting our own lives at risk and for what, Tonka? I sought a family for protection and I feel like it's brought me more danger. Damn, I don't even know what we're fighting for anymore. How did you escape being captured? At what costs? I feel like all we're doing is running and we're running for nothing."

My crimson eyes were hard and cold. I looked down a sighed shortly, then took a quick and deep breath. "I can't do this, anymore. As tantalized as I am, being threatened, just no. I've been alone for six years. Six damn years. I learnt to fend for myself. Running around making enemies was not how I survived. I kept to myself and avoided any outside contact. Like I said, that was after I killed my mother."

Then came the thought of Kumal and I sighed again and rubbed my muzzle on my chest. I shifted my wings to envelope my body from the cold even more. "And Kumal's dead. We sparred, and both got hit. I took it worse." I raised my wings slightly to show the new and healing scabs. They were long and deep, coming only from a tiger's claws that was aiming to hurt. "As much as I would have liked, I didn't kill the bastard. Some freak lightning bolt came from no where and struck him dead where he stood. And you probably won't believe me when I say it. I'm not being deceptive this time."
You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table.
There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done.

gas mask< a href="http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/friesian%20horse">horsepattern

Hidden Account
Sky

It was not long until Tonka saw a black figure came down from the white sky and into the cave. A slight smile came to the dark bay brute’s maw. It was Chemical. Her black wings stretched out and then she began to talk. Tonka, I have many things to discuss with you. She spoke. The small smile then began to fade. He could tell that she had not come for the most delightful news. “Yes, we do need to talk.” He replied, his deep voice rolling out.

As she spoke, Tonka took in a deep breath. All of her words where true. They were hated, had very little numbers, it was way too cold here, and protection was not that great. His dark eyes rolled away from her as he lowered his horned crown. “You speak words of truth, Chemical. We do need more allies. Right now, I think that Ophelia and her herd might be willing to help us. She told me that, possibly, we could work in tandem when the time calls. And if we are hated, doesn’t it mean that we are feared? Others are afraid that we will grow in size and power. They are afraid that we will soon dominate a herdland. I do agree that we need to leave the Frozen Arch as soon as possible. It is way too cold, and some might even grow weak and die due to this. We shall move to then Heavenly Fields. It is a wonderful place to raise a new family, and to keep strong. Only dueing the spring and summer we will come back here. Don’t worry Chemical, we will soon have more to help us. And we do have protection. You have me to protect you and I am doing my best. Ophelia has left me go with no cost. She just told me to take over the Assassins and change our being. She promised that there would be no more conflict between the two of us, our two herds.”

Tonka saw the beautiful mare look down and sigh. She again began to talk. When she was done, Tonka reached out, touching her face with his soft muzzle. Pulling away he looked her straight in the eye, his eyes filled his honesty and trust. “Everything will be ok. I promise, and if not, you have my permission to beat me until I fall down and crumble. We will do no more running. We shall look danger straight in the eye and fight it.”

The soft smile was slowly creaping back onto his face. As the black mare spoke again, A soft chuckle emerged from the brutes throat as she showed his the scraps and cuts that the bastard, Kamul, gave her. “Well, I guess it is a good thing that that bitch of a cat died. We do not need him, and I know that he would only cause more trouble than we are already in. And trust me, I believe you. Strange things do happen you know.”

[[Soooooo sorry for the tremendous wait :I]]

Credits!!

Chemical Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away and know when to run.

His gentle touch and soothing words sent Chemical flying, figuratively with words she could not describe. With words that she had never used and words that she had never felt. They sent her flying with feelings deep in the pit of her stomach that she had never felt and could never explain. However, it was not feelings of evil, bad, or chided. It was feelings that she always thought should be omitted. It was the feeling of love and it was the feeling of trust.

Never had her cold and heartless eyes ever experienced a flood, but a single tear escaped her crimson orbs. Chemical, what the hell are you doing!?!?! Chemical!!! CHEMICAL!!! Her mind was screaming and crying out in desperation, telling her to stop it now. But she wouldn't and she simply couldn't.

Chemical surged forward, her neck wrapping around his in an awkward hug type thing. She had never embraced someone before... ever. Nor had she ever been been embraced herself. She lowered her wings to the ground and her crimson orbs looked at his. "You have broken me. You have broken my outer shell. I knew you were different from the moment we met. I could trust you. But I never knew it would be like this."
You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table.
There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done.

gas maskhorsepattern

Hidden Account
Sky

The coldness continued to flood the two figures. Yet, there was something warm growing between the unicorn and the pegasus. Tonka noticed a drop of clear liquid falling from Chemical's red orbs. He felt something growing in him. Was it affection? Tonka had never felt this way before. The closest thing to this feeling is the love that he had for his 'niece', Sikeax. But this feeling was stronger and grew in the middle of his heart and seemed to be working its way to engulf it. She had warmed his frozen heart. She was the only one whom he could trust. She was the only one who he could love.

His warm silver flecked eyes were locked on her beautiful ruby gems. The feeling of her neck touching a wrapping around his made his heart skip a beat. His eyes grew wide. He never knew he could feel this before. It was not a bad feeling, but made him feel quite good. Yet, there was a new level of protection that he grew for her. She spoke and her words made him smile. He had gained her trust, her love. He never wanted this embracement to end. If he could stay like that forever, he would.

He closed his eyes, enjoying every second that he and Chemical were together. He opened his maw letting kind and gentle words flow out. "I am afraid you have unfroze my heart too, Chemical. I love you. From the very second I saw you I knew there was something special in you."

Credits!!