the Rift

The truth so clear | andash, onni, azzuen, open

Ázzuen the Ardent Posts: 94
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8
Whit
A small smile was offered as Andash spoke of living a long life. Azzuen had often felt the same way, but he had also gained some snippets of wisdom in his life. He had travelled far and wide, probably more kilometres than Andash had, but only because he had wings to carry him higher and farther much faster. But it was not the distance that he had covered that mattered, but what he had gained from that distance, what he had learned, and how he as a stallion had evolved.

"Know that the best times of my life can be measured in mere moments, Andash. Do not fret about the length of time you live; worry instead about how you live it."

Quality over quantity; it is better to have lived a short life and known love than a long life in loneliness. It was at least one lesson Azzuen had gleamed from his travels, a lesson that ironically, takes time to learn in the first place. Life is unfair, the key is to get the most out of it, to put into it exactly what you wished to gain. One action equals an equal and opposite reaction - a large effort given would give a large return.

"The Gods confuse even me; I treat them with a weary respect personally, having only ever stood in the presence of the Sun God, and fled from one of his tantrums, I acknowledge them as my superiors and thank them for not smiting my existence completely off the map." For the Gods, if they wanted to, certainly could have wiped them all off. Azzuen felt like the Sun God was a child leaning over an ant hill with his magnifying glass, scorching those who dared walk out of his thin line of tolerance. A bully - and they his weak, mortal prey.

"One of my apprentice Soldiers, the young Ktulu, was born with legs that did not allow her to run - or so I'm told. I never did see this affliction for she sought the Earth God's healing ways to allow her inner strength to carry onto her physical bodice." At least, that was how Azzuen saw it. "I understand that there is another one, a Goddess of the Moon. The Vein of the Gods-" here his crown pointed his gaze at the hazy outline of the ridge that jutted to the west of their homeland, indicating the treacherous walk one must take to visit the shrines. "-is where one has the best chances of communicating with them."

Azzuen had never been there himself, and so could not comment on the shrines themselves, nor exactly what to do. He wasn't atheist, for it was perfectly obvious to him that the Gods existed, but he didn't feel himself bowing down to worship any one or all of them, all the time. He had spent enough time travelling to know that his was by his wings, and his feet, and his sheer will to live that had carried him through life, not some powers above.

Messages In This Thread
RE: the truth so clear | andash, onni, azzuen, open - by Andash - 07-24-2012, 05:36 PM
RE: The truth so clear | andash, onni, azzuen, open - by Andash - 07-26-2012, 07:05 AM
RE: The truth so clear | andash, onni, azzuen, open - by Andash - 07-27-2012, 12:30 PM
RE: The truth so clear | andash, onni, azzuen, open - by Andash - 07-31-2012, 05:43 PM
RE: The truth so clear | andash, onni, azzuen, open - by Andash - 08-03-2012, 07:28 AM
RE: The truth so clear | andash, onni, azzuen, open - by Andash - 08-05-2012, 09:58 AM
RE: The truth so clear | andash, onni, azzuen, open - by Ázzuen - 08-06-2012, 06:21 AM
RE: The truth so clear | andash, onni, azzuen, open - by Andash - 08-06-2012, 11:23 AM