the Rift

[OPEN] even absence is gone

Peixos Posts: 18
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 Hands :: 4 Years Old
Tay

peixos

There was something silent about the snow that made me want to talk. I wanted to whisper secrets into the moon and walk over and over scripted words in the snow. I wanted the gray night to hear me. I wanted the stars to listen. The colors bled away and left me the carcass of winter to live in. I was dwelling in the hilly collections of trees, wandering aimlessly as nighttime failed to put me in a dream. Everything just died after the sun set, and I wanted to find some good reason to find hope in the stars. The dark never captured me, but I was beginning to realize that it wasn't so hard to see. There was no effort in the darkness. No one could see your face as you wished you could weep to the sun about your inflictions, but he still desired to fill every ugly crevice of your face to show you there was something you needed to hide. You could squint against him and turn your head so that he could warm your backside. But that was really all I could ever do with the sun in my company.

The ink of night wrote me stories, dotting all of the Is with sparkly amulets of our ancestors above. They were there to listen to the fables of the now. They could understand, they just couldn't tell you they could understand. I'd only ever trusted the rustling sea's beautiful roar, screaming inspiration into my ears, making it clear to me that I could still be someone. I was younger then, and I wasn't willing to do anything but dream. I dreamt of better situations when the only "better situation" were the ones I was living. But the sea was my first acquaintance, and his tides told me stories of wars, of passersby, of the exchange of racism. They told me how protection proved only to lead to underestimation. They taught me how to realize the complications between myself and my mother. It was a beautiful acquaintanceship. I was so far from him, however I could remember the foamy spittle of his passionate fable. I could still learn from him.

I was still yearning to learn.

Absorbing was what I did best. I could soak through the saltiest waters and taste the purity in the nuances of life. I knew that there was still nothing I couldn't do. But in this night what I knew was challenged by comprehension. I was close to no one. There hadn't been a friend in my life in years to turn to and all of this misunderstanding had built and crystallized accumulating a massive stockpile of guilt. It has always been Raimo, my past, and me and I'm realizing it's unhealthy.

Even in the cold I was promised to always look for a light of hope.

mama told me when i was young
come sit beside me, my only son
and listen closely to what i say
and if you do this
it'll help you some sunny day

Hana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Hana
I don't preach or scream ain't trying to teach the scene,
The only guidelines are those you need to read between.

It wasn't just cold, it was freezing. Clumsy strides, slipping hooves, shivers and frosted breath made the form of Hana. The intent of the mare was to run off the recurring nightmare of her eldest brother. He was still lost, every time she reached him in her dreams he took off again. Then the voices came, whispering about her status as a traitor. She was about the change that though, once she proved herself she would once again be accepted by the members of the Grey. Hana pushed herself into a gallop, starting to warm up, her breath was starting to become quicker and more shallow. The cold really did affect her stamina badly. Still the run was making her feel better. She may have awoken to tears on her cheeks, but they had dried and all evidence of them was lost to the darkness of the night.

Accepting the fact that she wasn't going to be happy, until she had completed these spars was hard. They loomed over her every day, but she did not have the strength to do them yet. Psychically she was in prime condition, mentally and emotionally she was still destroying herself over what she had done to her sister.

Her hoof fell into a ditch causing her to tumble. She tripped and fell chest first into the snow. It cushioned her fall considerably and Hana knew that she wouldn't end up with much more than a bruise. "Damn it." She whispered to herself. Without much effort she rolled herself to the side and then she struggled to her feet. Now her mixed pallet was soaked and she had snow in her mane, tail and on her warm body. The doe sighed and then shook out her coat, flinging snow everywhere. Doing her best to regain her dignity, she picked the pace up again. The dream no longer haunted her, but she was worried to fall back into the dream. It was like a horror story, nerves and fear that she wasn't able to escape. She was trapped in her own feelings. More than ever she needed a friend or something to distract her from her own problems.

She she pressed on, she noticed a figure in the distance and changed her direction to head towards it. It took her a minute or two to reach the stallion. She approached his slightly dappled form from the left hand side. She pulled up beside him panting, suddenly unsure as too why she had chosen to approach him. A soft smile was on offer, while her ruby eyes studied the taller being. "Rather late for the both of us to be wake isn't it?" A slight chuckle, her tone was soft and thoughtful.
[[OOC: Ew that sucked, next post will be better! ]]