the Rift

[OPEN] Wilted Flowers on the Wall (Heart Family, Kri)

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo

The Heart Family
Valentine

The day that he had dreamt of had finally come. He was stumbling, stumbling through madness, for he couldn't remember a thing, no, no, not a single thing. It was almost as if he was walking to a place, but he had no idea where, but his feet were taking him away, making him slip further into the madness. He knew not if he passed by any one or any landmark of which he knew, but at the same time he could see things, things passing him by. What was going on? Images of people flashed through his red eyes, and he felt drugged once more, but when had he been drugged in the first place? He couldn't remember a thing, not even who he was. His black with red tipped hair looked unfamiliar, and he looks down at his striped legs. Who the heck was he? Even the heart on his left side left him clueless.

Was it Cupid? Or perhaps Heart? Or maybe Arrow? Oh no, he couldn't even remember his own name? Perhaps he should continue walking in the snow, and that would help him. His body seemed to know where he was going, and it seemed to be the only thing that felt right. So he continued marching along, his newly healed lithe grey body taking him away from the cold North known as the Aurora Basin to the South where he called home. He passed through the forested middle, still confused and couldn't remember a thing, and finally came close to the deserted area of the Dragon's Throat. The name of the herd land before him was on the tip of his tongue, and only did he remember when he crossed the border.

"Dragon's Throat. Home...I'm...home. Valentine. My name is Valentine. The Basin, the Aurora Basin had me, hurt me...I was taken...but why? Injured, poisoned...healed...Aiko. Cherie. Aiko. Aiko. AIKO. CHERIE."

He rushed about, flailing as if he was being burned. His heart was on fire, wanting to do nothing but scream their names over and over and kiss them. He wanted to see them so badly, and it had been an entire season since they had escaped his eyes. What if they had gone, thinking he had left them? He wanted them, needed them. They were his life, and he would do anything to get them back.

"blah blah blah."

Image Credits
I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

It is with a heavy heart my eyes finally fall upon the dappled grey form below.

Amidst the wall which grows more with each passing day, red sands swirl and lift. Winter's chill has touched everywhere except the southern home of the Dragon's Throat. However, as the stallion stumbles forward in confusion, the icy chains of the Aurora Basin come with them. It is when my dark eyes catch the fleeting glances of crimson that I fall like a stone from the sky above.

My chocolate wings catch me, as the wind does, when I reach the nearer ground now, expanding like sails to stop my descent almost immediately. Hooves of sharp grey cleanly split the sand below, kissing my desert home gently before they tear in deeper, sending me swiftly in the direction of Valentine. His body quakes as if on fire, but there are no flames within sight, aside from the golden sun above. I rush to his side, extending a feathery appendage to gently touch his shoulder.

Wounds, if physical, are distant, but there is a madness in his eyes which touch my soul and spark anger in my heart. Upon his skin, the scent of sweat and the reek of pine trees and crystalline snow. Psyche, that bitch. She may have triumphed in her homeland, but should I get another chance to bite her in the ass, I would arise victorious. "Valentine," I say, my gruff voice turning toward soft notes that almost seemed like the feminine creature I had been intended to grow into. "You are home, my brother. Please, calm your mind; no one here will harm you." I pause, my eyes searching his for understanding. "I will silence any who may dare to try."

credits

Aiko Darleane Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The Heart Family
Aiko &&
Cherie

"It was about time that faithful day where my father would return to us had finally come. My mother and myself were out wondering, taking a walk on the fine day on the change of season. The rains of Frostfall had started earlier that morning, and though it was a little bit chilly, there was nothing else that we could see. My mother told me of this thing called "snow", which is white and is frozen crystal water that falls from the sky. It was my first Frostfall, and I had hoped to see it, but so far I had seen nothing. Though as much as I tried to coax my mother into taking me pass the boarder so that I could see snow, she refused, and although I kept trying to move closer and closer, she noticed. Eventually though, we did reach the boarder, and to both of our surprises it was a good thing we came over when we did. Our names were called by a baritone, one that was familiar to both of us. Valentine. He was there, a little past the boarder, looking wild and upset. My father, the one I had been searching for, was back. I couldn't contain my tears and my joy, and my heart leapt to even see his face.

It was then that Kri, our Sultana, flew down from the sky to come comfort my father, talking to him in a sweet voice that I had never heard before. I smiled then, and met my mother's gaze with her own tears. I nodded to he before racing down the sand dunes to meet him, with her large body following after me. We cried for him, our voices matching in the same tones of endearment, calling him by two different names."

'Valentine! Valentine! Papa! Papa!'

"I reached him first with my quick filly feet, almost falling down, but my own small body hit his, crying into his grey chest, sobbing his name into it. My mother kept herself a little more restrained, since she was an adult, and joined him to the side, nuzzling him softly and rest her head over his shoulder. After I while, I dug my face out of his chest, and I stared up at him, my eyes growing cold from something I had never felt before: anger."

'Where you were! Gone...for long time...why! Tell! NOW!'

"Tears still rolled down my cheeks, and though my mom gave me a disdainful look, she knew I was right. She offered a second chorus, though one that was more understandable since she could talk."

'Valentine, where were you? Why did you leave us? You've been gone for so long...what happened to you? Kri, do you know what happened to him?'

"My attention was struck to her then, back to my Sultana, and I ran over to her, trying to nudge her softly and standing by her, since I was mad at my father. Kri had always been nice to me, and since I was a foal, she was a safe haven for me whenever my family wasn't around. I was comfortable with her."

OCC: PP with permission since Ina is on absent. Boom, do you care if I tag you whenever it's your turn?

@[Valentine]
@[Kri]

"blah blah blah."

Image Credits

Hidden Account
teeroo

The Heart Family
Valentine

The first to give me a greeting was my Sultana, Kri the Resolute. Her look of concern gave me a tender feeling in my chest. It had been too long since I had received such a look, and it definitely took a toll on me.

"Sultana...I...I was taken, by the Basin...but I don't remember why. I have been there for so long. I was tortured, beaten...then I was released."

Suddenly, the words of those I loved ranged through the air, slicing it so quickly that I didn't have time to think. It was instinct that I moved towards my mate and daughter, feeling them come towards me. I was so happy that I cried, and we shared a moment of reverie; I remembered all the good times I had had with them, the moments I had shared alone with Cherie, and went our daughter was born…

Then it was over.

My daughter walks towards Kri, looking at me with disgust. For a moment, anger flashes in her eyes, and I’m surprised. Her mangled speech reaches my ears, and I understand. Of course she’s mad at me. They probably thought I’d abandoned them, just simply walking off making a silly promise. I can’t help but fill with sadness, thinking it was my entire fault. How terrible of a father and lover I must have looked, coming back with no a single scar on my body, but jabbering? The wild look in my eyes could mean anything, and I didn’t want Aiko to hear a word of what I had to say. She was too young…what was she…four? Oh god, she was four months now. I had missed a whole season of her life, when she just getting to be a bit bigger. Cherie gives me a similar look, and I ponder what I should tell her. Everything, eventually, but what now? I whisper to her, so Aiko won’t hear.

“I’m sorry, so so sorry. I’ll…I’ll tell you everything later, just not in front of Aiko. Please, believe me, I didn’t leave you. I would never, ever do that to either of you.”

I look back a her, and I know I’m going to get another look for that, but what else am I supposed to do? I bend down, reaching out for her.

“Aiko. I’m sorry. Daddy had to do something, and it took him a really long time to get back. I can’t tell you, because it’s a secret…do you understand?”

I look a Kri, hoping she’ll understand my actions. Aiko can’t know, at least not yet. I don’t want her to find out the way of the world quite so soon.

OCC: WHOO 200TH POST
Also my heart broke while typing this post x.x

@[Aiko Darleane]
@[Cherie]
@[Kri]

"blah blah blah."

Image Credits
I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

My brow knits in concern at the words of my comrade, the mention of the Northern territory. For too long, they had tormented members of my family. Still, they held an innocent girl captive. Athena, where had she gone? Was she still alive? All of my attempts to retrieve her fell short, and now another stood at my hooves injured by the unicorns of the north. I knew why, though before I could respond with more than a concerned look, the sound of muffled, tearful voices.

Naturally, I take a step back from the side of the gray stallion, allowing for the family to spill by his side. I look on with passive dark, blue eyes. My mind was racing over what I should do... what could I do? I knew what must be done, yet there was fear in my chest. We could not stand to stay bullied while presenting no opposition. It only made us appear weak. However, retaliation had never sat well with Psyche and her kin - blaming me for stirring trouble. I could just spit in the face of that bay mare for accusing me of such a position. Nay, I am certainly not the problem. I would have to come up with a plan to defend my home, but first I would need the counsel of Mirage.

The child spews insolent words at her father, inching closer toward me. My own daughter had never been one to speak to me in such tones, though I had received a scathing mouthful upon the threat of Tio. She later learned her had threatened our safety and apologized, but I knew how badly such a thing rattled your heart in your chest. I look toward Valentine sympathetically for a moment as he speaks with his family, and then I put a stoic yet gentle expression on my face as I lower my crown toward the girl.

"I sent your father on an unexpected and top secret journey," I lie to her, one of few in my lifetime, in order to spare the family more heartache today. "We could not let anyone know where he went." My voice is even, despite the quiver my heart feels at deceiving someone. I had never been made for lying.

credits

Aiko Darleane Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The Heart Family
Aiko &&
Cherie

My daughter looked Kri and I with a newfound anger in her eyes. I don’t blame her, as I wasn’t filled with much love at this moment, but I wasn’t one to jump quickly to anger. I was worried all this time, and it was such a relief to see him home, but where had he gone? I didn’t believe him at what he first said, but then when he whispered in my ear…what had happened to him that was so bad that he couldn’t tell our daughter? I looked at him with keen eyes, and I told him yes. If it was something terrible, I wouldn’t want our young daughter knowing. Kri fed into the pool with telling a lie, and I just hoped that Aiko would believe it. She was still too young to know about the world and it’s horrible ways. I didn’t even know about most of it, but now I had to protect her, for I knew there were worst things about there that she could see, and that scared me to my very soul. I nodded at the Sultana, speaking in a low voice to my daughter.

“Come Aiko, your father wouldn’t lie to would he? It was something important, and you will have to learn about it when you are older. Thank you Sultana Kri, for finding him. Valentine, do you need medical attention? I think…um, Onni, would be available to you, yes?”

I look at Kri, making sure I know her daughter’s name. I feel bad for almost not knowing, but I have been so focused on my own daughter, it’s not as bad as it looks. I really should get out more…oh well. For the time being, I need to take care of my own family.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I remember my father’s face, and I felt guilty for my words. But what was I supposed to do with my feelings? They were new to me, and I was never one to bottle up much emotion when I was younger. Only when I was older did I learn that keeping them inside was the best for me. My mother’s face shown in the light, looking at me with concerned eyes. However, it was my Sultana that spoke first. I was young back then, and of course I would never think her or either of my parents would lie to me. But it was for the best; even if I would give me an opportunity later on to fill my heart with hatred. I listened carefully to their words, so soothing and trustworthy. How could I not believe them? There was no other explanation for my father’s actions at that point in time, and it seemed to make sense, and I gave a sigh.

I looked sheepishly at my father, my lips trembling once more. He was my father, and I knew from the very bottom of my heart he wouldn’t lie to me. So I ran back to him, running under his tall body that I would never grow up to, and nuzzling him. He was my protector, my root; and more importantly, I was his daughter. It was always something, but my father and I my father were much closer than my mother and I. Our bond was always thicker, even if we argued more. Still, my parents were everything to me, and so would the new friend that joined me soon after all of these events. They were the ones I would never wish away in my life, and what made me thankful for everything that happened to me, no matter how bad, because I had them. And I had a wonderful leader to follow. My life was perfect, so I did what every filly would do: go and beg my father to play, running around in circles and laughing as he chased me. My family was finally back together, and so was my heart."

"blah blah blah."

Image Credits

Hidden Account
teeroo

The Heart Family
Valentine

Cherie was my guiding light, taking me from the deeps of despair to the gates of heaven. She was a wonderful mare, and though she knew there was something I could not tell her, I had to make sure that my daughter was protected. She was the only thing I had to strive to protect, as Cherie could and would take care of herself. She had grown since we had met, becoming well to motherhood, and even growing more out of that thick shell. Kri was also a big help, and with that we were able to settle Aiko down. She then began to play with me, and I look between us at Cherie and Kri, speaking to them before I chase my daughter.

"Thank you both. I'm sorry, but we will have to discuss this later while Aiko is away. My heart couldn't bear the knowledge to you if my precious daughter knew. She is all I have as offspring, and I want her to be innocent as long as possible. Thank you Kri the Resolute, for protecting my family while I was away. I will never be able to repay you. And you Cherie, also for protecting and taking care of our child. I love you."

A bow was given to Kri, and a nuzzle and kiss to Cherie, before I sprang into action, my old bones feeling tight but good to be running as I chased my quick daughter around the herd land. It was good to be home.

I look at our leader after my beloved had gone, and I wonder if he told her. I will wait my turn though, as I know he will tell me, even if eventually. How am I supposed to swallow this until he does though? I bow to her as well, and I almost have no words for her, but I must think of something. Why am I so bad at social situations? While Valentine thinks I have grown, I have not, at least that I can tell. I know I have more courage, but that is it. So I muster all I have, and speak with the Sultana.

"I too would like to thank you Kri. I am going to assume it was you that brought him back home, and he has been sorely miss between my daughter and I. I will take care of him and make sure he does alright. I hope what happened to him isn't too bad, so that he won't have any problems in the future. Thank you."

I smile at her, waiting for a response if I get one. I will then go to join my mate and child in their playing, or simply watch. I'm not sure yet.

OCC: Thank you Boom! <3 Ok, last posts from them, so Kri's will be the last in the thread. Thanks again for waiting and threading with me <333

@[Kri]

"blah blah blah."

Image Credits