the Rift

[OPEN] Wilted Flowers on the Wall (Heart Family, Kri)

Aiko Darleane Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The Heart Family
Aiko &&
Cherie

"It was about time that faithful day where my father would return to us had finally come. My mother and myself were out wondering, taking a walk on the fine day on the change of season. The rains of Frostfall had started earlier that morning, and though it was a little bit chilly, there was nothing else that we could see. My mother told me of this thing called "snow", which is white and is frozen crystal water that falls from the sky. It was my first Frostfall, and I had hoped to see it, but so far I had seen nothing. Though as much as I tried to coax my mother into taking me pass the boarder so that I could see snow, she refused, and although I kept trying to move closer and closer, she noticed. Eventually though, we did reach the boarder, and to both of our surprises it was a good thing we came over when we did. Our names were called by a baritone, one that was familiar to both of us. Valentine. He was there, a little past the boarder, looking wild and upset. My father, the one I had been searching for, was back. I couldn't contain my tears and my joy, and my heart leapt to even see his face.

It was then that Kri, our Sultana, flew down from the sky to come comfort my father, talking to him in a sweet voice that I had never heard before. I smiled then, and met my mother's gaze with her own tears. I nodded to he before racing down the sand dunes to meet him, with her large body following after me. We cried for him, our voices matching in the same tones of endearment, calling him by two different names."

'Valentine! Valentine! Papa! Papa!'

"I reached him first with my quick filly feet, almost falling down, but my own small body hit his, crying into his grey chest, sobbing his name into it. My mother kept herself a little more restrained, since she was an adult, and joined him to the side, nuzzling him softly and rest her head over his shoulder. After I while, I dug my face out of his chest, and I stared up at him, my eyes growing cold from something I had never felt before: anger."

'Where you were! Gone...for long time...why! Tell! NOW!'

"Tears still rolled down my cheeks, and though my mom gave me a disdainful look, she knew I was right. She offered a second chorus, though one that was more understandable since she could talk."

'Valentine, where were you? Why did you leave us? You've been gone for so long...what happened to you? Kri, do you know what happened to him?'

"My attention was struck to her then, back to my Sultana, and I ran over to her, trying to nudge her softly and standing by her, since I was mad at my father. Kri had always been nice to me, and since I was a foal, she was a safe haven for me whenever my family wasn't around. I was comfortable with her."

OCC: PP with permission since Ina is on absent. Boom, do you care if I tag you whenever it's your turn?

@[Valentine]
@[Kri]

"blah blah blah."

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wilted Flowers on the Wall (Heart Family, Kri) - by Aiko Darleane - 06-22-2013, 11:41 AM
RE: Wilted Flowers on the Wall (Heart Family, Kri) - by Aiko Darleane - 08-11-2013, 07:12 PM