the Rift

[OPEN] Wilted Flowers on the Wall (Heart Family, Kri)

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

My brow knits in concern at the words of my comrade, the mention of the Northern territory. For too long, they had tormented members of my family. Still, they held an innocent girl captive. Athena, where had she gone? Was she still alive? All of my attempts to retrieve her fell short, and now another stood at my hooves injured by the unicorns of the north. I knew why, though before I could respond with more than a concerned look, the sound of muffled, tearful voices.

Naturally, I take a step back from the side of the gray stallion, allowing for the family to spill by his side. I look on with passive dark, blue eyes. My mind was racing over what I should do... what could I do? I knew what must be done, yet there was fear in my chest. We could not stand to stay bullied while presenting no opposition. It only made us appear weak. However, retaliation had never sat well with Psyche and her kin - blaming me for stirring trouble. I could just spit in the face of that bay mare for accusing me of such a position. Nay, I am certainly not the problem. I would have to come up with a plan to defend my home, but first I would need the counsel of Mirage.

The child spews insolent words at her father, inching closer toward me. My own daughter had never been one to speak to me in such tones, though I had received a scathing mouthful upon the threat of Tio. She later learned her had threatened our safety and apologized, but I knew how badly such a thing rattled your heart in your chest. I look toward Valentine sympathetically for a moment as he speaks with his family, and then I put a stoic yet gentle expression on my face as I lower my crown toward the girl.

"I sent your father on an unexpected and top secret journey," I lie to her, one of few in my lifetime, in order to spare the family more heartache today. "We could not let anyone know where he went." My voice is even, despite the quiver my heart feels at deceiving someone. I had never been made for lying.

credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wilted Flowers on the Wall (Heart Family, Kri) - by Aiko Darleane - 06-22-2013, 11:41 AM
RE: Wilted Flowers on the Wall (Heart Family, Kri) - by Kri - 07-15-2013, 02:32 PM
RE: Wilted Flowers on the Wall (Heart Family, Kri) - by Aiko Darleane - 08-11-2013, 07:12 PM