the Rift

[OPEN] Wilted Flowers on the Wall (Heart Family, Kri)

Aiko Darleane Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The Heart Family
Aiko &&
Cherie

My daughter looked Kri and I with a newfound anger in her eyes. I don’t blame her, as I wasn’t filled with much love at this moment, but I wasn’t one to jump quickly to anger. I was worried all this time, and it was such a relief to see him home, but where had he gone? I didn’t believe him at what he first said, but then when he whispered in my ear…what had happened to him that was so bad that he couldn’t tell our daughter? I looked at him with keen eyes, and I told him yes. If it was something terrible, I wouldn’t want our young daughter knowing. Kri fed into the pool with telling a lie, and I just hoped that Aiko would believe it. She was still too young to know about the world and it’s horrible ways. I didn’t even know about most of it, but now I had to protect her, for I knew there were worst things about there that she could see, and that scared me to my very soul. I nodded at the Sultana, speaking in a low voice to my daughter.

“Come Aiko, your father wouldn’t lie to would he? It was something important, and you will have to learn about it when you are older. Thank you Sultana Kri, for finding him. Valentine, do you need medical attention? I think…um, Onni, would be available to you, yes?”

I look at Kri, making sure I know her daughter’s name. I feel bad for almost not knowing, but I have been so focused on my own daughter, it’s not as bad as it looks. I really should get out more…oh well. For the time being, I need to take care of my own family.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I remember my father’s face, and I felt guilty for my words. But what was I supposed to do with my feelings? They were new to me, and I was never one to bottle up much emotion when I was younger. Only when I was older did I learn that keeping them inside was the best for me. My mother’s face shown in the light, looking at me with concerned eyes. However, it was my Sultana that spoke first. I was young back then, and of course I would never think her or either of my parents would lie to me. But it was for the best; even if I would give me an opportunity later on to fill my heart with hatred. I listened carefully to their words, so soothing and trustworthy. How could I not believe them? There was no other explanation for my father’s actions at that point in time, and it seemed to make sense, and I gave a sigh.

I looked sheepishly at my father, my lips trembling once more. He was my father, and I knew from the very bottom of my heart he wouldn’t lie to me. So I ran back to him, running under his tall body that I would never grow up to, and nuzzling him. He was my protector, my root; and more importantly, I was his daughter. It was always something, but my father and I my father were much closer than my mother and I. Our bond was always thicker, even if we argued more. Still, my parents were everything to me, and so would the new friend that joined me soon after all of these events. They were the ones I would never wish away in my life, and what made me thankful for everything that happened to me, no matter how bad, because I had them. And I had a wonderful leader to follow. My life was perfect, so I did what every filly would do: go and beg my father to play, running around in circles and laughing as he chased me. My family was finally back together, and so was my heart."

"blah blah blah."

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wilted Flowers on the Wall (Heart Family, Kri) - by Aiko Darleane - 06-22-2013, 11:41 AM
RE: Wilted Flowers on the Wall (Heart Family, Kri) - by Aiko Darleane - 08-11-2013, 07:12 PM