the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Fear [Kaj]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
He seems to understand her fear. But, she isn't sure that it is so easy to understand. One cannot truly understand the fear that radiates in her gut until they have a certainty that there is no way that thing is ever going to hurt her. The tiniest movement can jolt her away if she sees it but cannot place an ear to it. And, if she cannot recognize the sound then she jolts as well. It is difficult when hearing seems to have decided that she wasn't worthy at birth and given her no way to gain it back. After all, there is no way to regrow a missing ear.

She offers her name upon his request and then gives him the right to shorten it should he have cause for it. He repeats her name as though asking a question and she bobs her head ever so slightly, mumbling the word "Yes..." as she peered back up at him as soft, calming words continued to slide from his mouth. He asks for her opinion on the nickname and her audit perks up just a little, shifting her weight ever so slightly. "Kleine aardbei... is fine..." she responded, struggling over the words just a little bit as she was definitely uncertain on pronunciation after only having heard it once.

Her golden eyes continued to watch him, though, to keep an eye on his movements. But, even though she seemed to have taken a while to gather her thoughts the stag seemed far from impatient. That in and of itself was slowly allowing her to begin to relax - though she doubted she would ever be able to actually fully relax. Finally, she can pull up the courage to accept his wing. She didn't want to, in all honesty. Part of her whole-heartedly believed that the wings were meant to cut and maim - that there had to be something horribly sharp there in order be used as a weapon. And, she had yet to even allow Quil to wrap his wings around her to comfort her. But she was cold. She was all too cold. And her hair was not about to serve as an actual blanket for long.

His voice reaches her again as she explains how she cannot accept any of his other help and he offers something else. Anything else at all that he could do? Even helping her look for Quil? Concern seemed to be flooding his features and she couldn't help but to tilt her head ever so slightly to the side in confusion. There was really nothing to be concerned about, though she supposed she could understand the sympathy. She was still shivering, each muscle trembling in the cold and the fear. She knew she needed to accept his wing but the concern about the sharpness was still bothering her. Resplendence had yet to be around creatures with wings that were not birds before her arrival in these lands it and shook her to the core. "I don't think there is much you can do other than, perhaps, help guide me out of this harsh weather after the sun has risen, sir. And point me in the direction of the Foothills, that's where he said that the healer was - even though it sickens me to have him receiving help from those who injured him..." she whispered before stepping forward.

She was gentle, her maw just barely gracing his forehead to alert him that it was fine that he stretch out. His reaction is eyes widening in surprise and she has to allow her vocals to pull out once more in order to explain the touch. She shuffled her feet again, watching as a smile graced his face once more before he slowly began to uncurl himself. Her eyes locked on his wings, watching them intensely before shifting backward a little as they start to spread out a bit too much, her breath getting stuck in her chest. He wasn't going to hurt her. She had to keep reminding herself of that. He was simply offering her warmth. He was ensuring that she didn't freeze to death. That was good, wasn't it? She took in a deep breath as he spoke again, saying that she was welcome, attaching her new nickname, and then explaining that he had seen some trees. Walking would warm her up. That was very true. And then he asked to lead her there. He moved, slowly, draping one of his wings over her but not actually touching her at the moment with it. Her eyes looked upward, taking in the expanse of his wing and inspecting it for anything that seemed sharp at all. He left her room to decide whether she wanted the warmth from his wing or from his side as his head craned around to continue to look her in the eye.

Res was trembling even more. "So... there... there's nothing... sharp in your wings, sir?" she choked out, before curling up against his side, careful not to touch any of the feathers until she had confirmation on the matter. "Like... to help maim someone in battle..." she elaborated a bit more since she was uncertain if her first question had even made any sense. Her hair was still draped around her though with her head ducked down and pressed up against his shoulder blade to avoid nicking the top of his wing the pool of tresses covering her missing ear had fallen and she self-consciously attempted to hide that fact. Though, there was no way for her to flick her hair back up there without bumping up against the top of his wing so she merely buried herself even deeper against his side in hopes that he wouldn't notice. "And yes, you may lead me," she added, remembering his comments.

Golden orbs fell shut as she took in a few deep breaths. Each of her muscles still trembling. The effort which she had taken to calm herself down so that she could stop the trembling completely seemed to have been forsaken as the second she put herself under the wings she was back at the starting line.

She didn't want to be this scared...

1055 words
So adorable -squees-
@[Kaj]
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
!! Fear [Kaj] - by Resplendence - 06-10-2013, 03:19 AM
RE: !! Fear [Kaj] - by Kaj - 06-26-2013, 03:28 PM
RE: !! Fear [Kaj] - by Resplendence - 06-27-2013, 12:12 AM