the Rift

A little help for alone horse?

Saffron Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Saffron had been without anyone for close to a year. She knew that now it was time to look for a herd and be a part of something. Yet she didn't know how or where to look. That’s when she really looked and saw where she was. “I-I’m lost” She looked around more starting to panic a little. With that she walked around calling out for any other horses not getting anything back. "I'm really lost" She told herself as she looked more. The land she was from was all she knew . Yet It did made her wonder if there was anything there for her after all. That put a new jump into her stride. She went from trotting in a scared manner to running full out kicking up her hind legs thinking that soon something would be there for her. As She got tired and deeper into the forest parts of the new land. Saffron stopped and looked around once more. Now she could tell no one was coming or even there. She sighed a little and walked over to the shade of some trees and started to eat the grass. She had started to miss her mother now, even if now she was much to old to. She did, Not getting much time with her made this times where she could think about it and just seeing what was she was in. All of it took her told on her and made it hard to make things really fun. Yet the memoirs and thinking of her mother never lasted that long as she laid down in the grass and rolled. After getting coved in mud she got up and ran around again bucking and kicking. She was still playful and with energy to burn. Not long after taking off she stopped and laid back down in the shade of the tree. She sniffed at the grass. “Where is anything for me to play with?” She asked out loud as she saw a little rabbit thing and went over pocking it and jumped as it did. Saffron went on playing with it until it went into the bushes. She then took to the sun and watched out for anything that would hurt her but mostly she was thinking about nothing at all this time.

Adalaide Posts: N/A
Unregistered

The beautiful woods of autumn had come and gone. Or as Helovia called it, Orangemoon. It was now freezing cold and the grounds of the Threshold were covered with a light dusting of snow. However, you still could barely see the fallen and dead leaves. If you were lucky, you could find a small tuft of grass to snack on. Other than that, I was growing used to the frosted bark of trees. But that was all to change soon as I was moving south for the season. After I stopped by the Threshold, of course.

I had failed to find a home in my trip to the Threshold so I was hoping that perhaps I could change that for others that didn't have very good luck. Also, I had made a decision that would change lives. I had formed the group/herd called The Storm Strike. Here, I had learned of the racist north, the proud south, and close to everything in between. I wanted to fight for equality and peace; something that appeared to be lacking in Helovia. I wanted others to join the fight, as well.

Not only was that just our goal, but I also wanted to provide a home and family for lost souls. Something that my muscular framed self could relate to needing. That's why I came here. As I listened for the sound of conversation or movement, I also walked slowly. That way I could still make a bit of progress. However, all progress stopped when I heard a young voice ask a very innocent question. Seemingly enough, it appeared she was lost. I answered her question warmly, with a smile on my face, in my feminine, yet still sturdy and stout voice.

"Why, there is many things to play with, child," I turned my head to a tree beside me and stripped a piece of the bark off and chewed it with ease, grinding it down with my molars. "You simply need to use your imagination." I smiled once more and picked through the small sheet of snow, throwing a few small speckles of it onto her with my muzzle. I flicked my long, ink black tail and shook my neck. My mane fell right back into place.

"Tell me, child, do you have a name? I am Adalaide and I must say it is a pleasure to meet you." I gave her a soft bow with that same warm smile still on my face.

"Talk"

Image Credits Crows

Unregistered
Saffron picked at a little grass that she found until she heard something. Her ears moved and her noses fared out. Yet as she looked she could tell nothing had changed until she turned to look the other way and jumped back a little seeing a bigger mare standing there. Her ear now pined back wondering what she was there for. Yet as Saffron looked closer she could see the smile on her lips and smiled back relaxing into the meeting. She watched the other mare chew on some wood. “D-Does it taste good?” She asked beginning to trust this new horse more and more. Saffron kept the smile going just the same until she felt the snow on her muzzle. She jumped back again. It was cold still and she hadn’t seen it before or felt it. Yet when it went away she was puzzled by it. So she tried it back pushed some at the other mare. Who by now had said a name Adalaide. She liked it. The ring of it on her lips. “Saffron….” She said showing there was still a bit of fear in her for the new horse even if she did trust her. “ I’m Saffron…… “ She then went closer to her looking around her bight blue eyes showing a glimmer in them. “S-So are you looking for a friend too?” She asked backing back when the mare moved. When she got really looking. She was seeing something that was as new as the whole land was to her. This mare could bow. Could look so graceful getting down like that. She had to try it, It only seemed fair to show her the same respect that was given to her. So Saffron tied her hardest to get down like that, bowing and showing some grace to the older mare. Yet her bow didn’t go so well, she slipped and fell over to her side. Now covered in slush and mud she shook off what she could as she got up. Mostly the fall hurt her pride more then anything else. She didn’t feel so good about herself or looking at the other horse.. So she didn’t look up at her, she just looked down and shook trying to stay warm a little.

Adalaide Posts: N/A
Unregistered

I smiled at her as she asked me about the bark. What could I honestly say? "Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Why not try it for yourself? I fancy it. An alternative that can substitute for grass. But even grass has its own tastes as well." Much like the equines ourselves, bark had its own taste, grass had its own taste, and almost everything had its own taste. It all just depended on what kind it was. Of course, you would always get the bad apples sometimes, but you know, that happens.

Then the topic of a friend came up and I chuckled. "I don't know many people here myself. But, of course. I am always looking for friends. Friends and even family." As the young girl before me attempted to bow as I did, I smiled at her. It was very kind for her to try and return the gesture. However, she ended up falling over. I lowered my head to her level, as she was avoiding eye contact. I gave a gentle and warm smile then said "We can work on it." I chuckled, my eyes twinkling.

"Welcome to Helovia, Saffron. There are four main herds, the Windtossed Foothills, World's Edge, Dragon's Throat, and the Aurora Basin. I belong to none of them and am known as an 'outcast'. I would avoid the Basin, however. They are a land of racist unicorns. I know not a lot of the other herds, besides the Throat. They are comprised mostly of pegasi with others like me and you as well as unicorns in the mix."

I cleared my throat and beckoned her to follow me. "If you wish, you can follow me and I can tell you more on the way south. I'm seeking to escape this cold. Migration if you will, I suppose. Perhaps you won't have to dig in the snow for a decent meal or strip bark from a tree to eat." I chuckled slightly then smiled again, taking a step towards the south.

"Talk"

Image Credits Crows

Unregistered
Saffron listened to her as she looked up still seeing the warm smile. She got up more smiling back to her. “Thanks you and I like to work on it…” She said as went over to the tree pulling off a piece of bark. She chewed on it as it tasted funny to her. Yet after sometime her smile grew bigger. It had helped with her wolf teeth, they where coming in and very painful or so Saffron thought of them. As she chewed she also took to listing to Adalaide. How could she be so might be all alone?. It struck Saffron that it must be a bit odd or maybe she just didn’t fit into anything. She didn’t care about it at all. She wondered about it and she also wondered if maybe they could became like a family. but cared not a bit if she was alone or with a group. As She came to seeing that the mare was walking away. She ran over to follow her. As she followed she let the bark fall out of her mouth and into a heap on the ground. Now that her month was empty of it. Saffron took the same to talk back with her. “So…you don’t have any family are not even where we are going?” She knew it might not be on the top of the mares list to take about it but Saffron wanted to know. “I-I don’t…I got pushed away from my mother by a stallion…..that umm…became the leader of that group.” She said to help the mare to know more about her and also tell her past. Even if it did make her soft smile fading away a little. She was a little sadden thinking about it, Yet as she looked up at the older mare she got closer to her. Following her in a new way, Yes Saffron was 2 and well big enough to be without. But there was a part of her that needed it, Someone that would look after her until that spot was filled or longer. As she got closer to the other mare’s shoulder she poked at it with her muzzle. Not slowing down just rubbing up to her taking in a little of the scent of Adalaide. After a little longer she pulled away a little as she picked up a slow trot/jog. Saffron moved her head as she did into almost a set of a riding horse not a wild mystical cross. It just happened to be her. Sometime wild and would take off running to play and sometimes calm.