the Rift

[PRIVATE] You won't find faith or hope down a telescope [Irrydae]

Evers the Able Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Rita :: Greyhound :: Water Mold imi
It was true that Evers' age had reached double figures and he now rather resembled an ambling old man hobbling up a rather hefty path to a luxurious meadow. He was not, in fact, that old. It just looked that way if you were observing him from a distance. He rather envied the energy that Rita showed, bounding up the hill, all paws and legs. Yipping happily as she jumped this way and that to the different objects and animals she found for the first time. It was an age lost in the past of the blue and all he could do was watch in wonder and constantly question where she got all her energy from. He had to admit, however, that her constant happy emotion was affecting him and he now found himself to be the most optimistic he had ever been throughout his life. What a bundle of joy the child was!

The scholar smiled in contentment and continued slaving away up the narrow, rocky path until finally he emerged at the top, gasping for breath until he could finally let out a long sigh of relief. Raising his head to squint under the sun's setting gaze he marvelled a little at the beautiful scenery before finding the strength once again to wander off through the fields, watching Rita frolic amongst the flowers and the grasses. It was really for her that he had travelled all the way up here, he had business to take care of in the Foothills, but for now he wanted to let his friend be young and careless. Taking a rather long route to the land his brothers were tying themselves to, not really looking forward to the conversation, but keenly interested to see what the Foothills was like now under a new Leadership.

Keeping a watchful eye on his pup, he quietly made his way over to a small spring, closing his eyes in relief when the cold water splashed against his throat and wet his dry lips. Amazed by how something so simple as water could taste so good, he had after all done more exercise than he's skinny body was normally used to. Lifting his small head, a dozen horns catching the sun's rays as he did so, he gazed at the tops of mountains. Wondering what it must of been like years and years ago, what had lived here and how such a wonderful place came to be.

[ooc; ack, no matter how hard I try, I always suck at opening posts ><]
image by roni

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh
The storyteller had awoken with tears flowing out of her golden orbs, face damp and mind groggy with nightmares of her mother and past life. Emotions ran high on Irrydae stood up shakily, taking deep breaths as she stood at her pool. As the memories flashed through her mind, she flinched. Today, she needed to be alone. She did not want to patrol the boarders or make her rounds in the Threshold. Today she would make her way to a secluded spot where she could be alone.

Irrydae is still shaking violently when she appears at the mouth of the cave, and she closes her eyes, eyes tingling as she tries to fight the emotions. 'My star flower. My baby. I have never told you, but- I love you.' Irrydae remembers her mothers death as clear as day. Her brown pelt was red, soaked with her mothers blood while the murderer is stirring back into consciousness. She knows she must run, run as fast as she can and never look back. As her golden eyes took in her mothers near dead figure, she turned. And she ran. And she ran. And she ran. And she never looked back. The memories, her voice, what she looked like. It was all disappearing now. But sometimes, the memories would plague Irrydae like this.

Golden orbs open again, as the corners of her mouth turns down, the normal sparkle in her eyes nonexistent, head and wings drooping. She steps onto the grass, the breeze pulling trendils of her hair with it. She does not trust herself to fly, so she remains on the ground as her body grows numb. Her mind can not focus on one thing as her body hikes up the trail to the Heavenly Fields. She is happy when the fog surrounds her, the temperature dropping slightly and helping to clear her mind, though it wasn't enough to make her turn around and return to her daily tasks.

She emerges, blinking in the sudden light and flinching. A happy yip makes her head snap around, and she sees the grey pelt of a greyhound. Evers. Her stomach jumps as her eyes greedily search for his blue figure. She thought she did not want to see anyone today. And she didn't. But she wanted to see Evers now. She has to stop herself from breaking out into a run when she spots him near a creak. Her head picks up and her eyes dance, wings folding neatly at her sides. She picks up her legs, not as graceful as usual as she still shakes slightly, stomach still sick and she almost turns around. But she doesn't.

Irrydae finds herself at Evers side. No words come from her mouth. She knew if she tried she would bust into tears. Her emotions on high, she reaches her muzzle out for his, craving his touch. And she is confused. Why was this? What was this feeling? He probably didn't want her here. He probably didn't want her reaching out to him. But she shot for it anyways. Her heart ached as she listened to it's loud thrumming in her ears. Everything told her to flee. But she stayed.

[ ooc ; sad irry post because paddeh is is really sad right now and wants to cry herself. so yeah. this is probably a really crappy post. ]
Irrydae

Image Credits
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

Hidden Account
Her scent. Her presence. Irrydae was a beacon of light that shone brightly without hindrance on the madness of his life. Evers did not know why that was nor did he understand how to deal with the chemical reactions inside his body that made him feel so warm and calm whenever she was near. He hardly knew her?! He didn't know her past, her dreams, her thoughts or her fears. To his well tutored brain it didn't make sense to feel such feelings and to jealously want her attention. So, for now, he tried his best to dismiss them from his mind and he watched her with a smile on his maw as she came over to him. Extending his velvet nose to brush against her own when she reached out, gratefully accepting her companionship. Azure eyes searched to find her face, her gaze, and his own contorted into a mask of worry as he saw uncertainty in her eyes. Had he done something to offend her? Or was it something else? This was not the Irrydae he had seen in the Foothills or in the Threshold. His heart sped and he curved his face with ears flickering in confusion.

"Irrydae. Are you... Okay?" He asked in his quiet, shy tones. Perhaps she did not want him prying, perhaps she had come up here to get away from the world and felt obliged to come say hello. Should he leave? Plagued with uncertainty and growing tension, Evers tried his best to keep his expression light and welcoming. Conversing wasn't his strong suit and right at this moment he hated that about himself and wished he had been born with more confidence. Wished for the bravery of the stallion who had taken a deep breath and become a leader. Last of all he prayed that his awkwardness and insecurities would not push Irrydae away.

As if sensing her bonded's discomfort, Rita bounded over to the pair, reluctantly drawing herself away from the joys of chasing butterflies to try and sit before the star spangled pegasus, her eyes sad and her lips drooped. Almost cooing to the mare before she carefully reached out a small baby paw and attempted to gently bat the mares nose. Her sweet youthful innocence simply wanting to place a smile on the winged mare's downcast features, she knew little of the world, but she knew that one's spirit could be lifted with just a simple smile. So, the blue puppy smiled for her. Yipping once in elated joy and slowly she began to wag her tail.

[ooc; awwh love, the post was beautiful <3 You know where my skype is if you ever want to talk :)]
image by roni

Hidden Account
paddeh
That smile on his face. So happy. Why was he so happy to see her? Why was she so happy to see him? She inhaled his scent, and when he reached out to her she leaned into him, molten gold eyes hiding behind deep purple lids. They open as she pulls back, afraid she is lingering too long, and she can see his face turn into a mask of worry. 'Irrydae. Are you... Okay?' She wants to speak, but is afraid of the tears that threaten.

Irrydae pulls in her wings, eyes cast away, embarrassed as the puppy runs over. Her heart melts as the eyes turn sorrowful in the pup and she nudges it with her muzzle gently before it bats at her, offering a smile. A natural smile, though small, fills her face as she blinks trying to keep the tears at bay. Butterflies form out of Norther Lights, appearing from her wings. Though these ones don't burn, they are for show. There are many that flap their silent wings, circling the three of them. One lands on the puppy's nose before taking flight again. Irry wants to tell Evers everything, but also doesn't at the same time. This was her, what, third encounter with him?

Gold wavering eyes search for his that are almost the same color, and she wants to reach out to him again, to just lean against him and cry all night. But she wants to be strong, she needs to be strong. For the stallion who she somehow trusted so well, better then anyone she had ever met. For the stallion next to her, who she has only talked to two times. His voice is shy, quiet, but so marvelous. Her jaw shakes slightly as she opens her mouth. "I- it's." It's stupid. Memories. The star mare had thought she had moved on from this, moved on from her past and her mother and all the haunting flashbacks.

She can't stop them now. "I'm sorry." she chokes out as tears slide down her face, throat constricting as she turns away, trying to hide them. Irry doesn't want him to see. It is stupid. She is surprised that he was so open to her greeting, that he didn't pull away. But he surely didn't care about her damn memories. It was stupid. Stupid that something like this could affect her so greatly! The mare must seem so weak. So vulnerable.

"I'm sorry." Irrydae repeats, voice thick as she moves away from the blue stud, the sunset casting great hues of yellow and red to blaze against the chocolate on her pelt, changing her hair and stars to change color in the falling sun. Maybe I'm not as strong as I think. She should have never approached him in the first place.

[ ooc ; i'm feeling better now, thank you <333. and i definitely will skype you if i ever want to vent again ]
Irrydae

Image Credits

Hidden Account
Azure gaze finally finds the golden eyes of Irrydae and he swallows once to keep his composure. Ignoring his fast beating heart with his mind repeated the word foolish, berating himself for the strange emotions he was feeling. Rita yips triumphantly as a small smile comes to the lips of the pegasus mare as then both greyhound and unicorn stare in amazement as butterflies formed from her wings and fluttered around them. Rita was already throwing paws into the air, her leaps small and playful as she tried to catch them all. Her attention completely taken when finally she returned to the floor for a moment and sat, staring back at the butterfly that had landed on her small blue nose before racing off after it when the pretty thing flew away. Evers shyly laughed, his eyes still wide at the sight of magic. Magic had always been a thing of mystery and wonder to the roan, he sought knowledge of it and often thought about it's routes. Where did it come from? Did the Gods simply create magic? Did it come from the Earth itself? All these questions, the Able knew, where probably depending on the type of magic one sought.

"Amazing! I've never seen anything like that before." He quietly gushed over her use of magic, slightly embarrassed in his show of emotion. Irrydae's voice cracked and Evers quickly looked at her in concern, he knew by her expression something might have been wrong. Though he fervently wished that wouldn't be the case, he did not want to see her sad. He couldn't explain why he felt that way, but suddenly his heart lurched at the sight of tears. Panic writes itself all over his features and the skinny scholar struggles to find words of comfort. He was not good at this, comforting others, he was so used to the hardness of brotherhood that any show of emotion was difficult for him to deal with. He wished her tears away and, on impulse, took a step forwards when she turned away from him. Evers did not want her to leave, feelings that were foreign to him took control of his body and the roan carefully walked up to her.

"Irrydae?! Do not apologize, what is the matter? Are you hurt? Is something bothering you? Have I said something?" He hoped he didn't sound idiotic to her. His stance was stricken with concern and his tail did an agitated flick. Evers dropped his head, taking in deep breaths to try and calm himself. "I- You don't have to answer if you'd rather not tell me ... I'm sorry" stumbling over his words in intense nervousness. Doubts plaguing his mind as he wondered if he'd somehow offended her, though he couldn't think of anything off the bat, it still worried him. Maybe she had sensed the strange feelings boiling up inside of him. If horses could blush, the little roan would be displaying an interesting shade of red at that moment.

Rita sat behind the pair now, watching and waiting for more butterflies. Her young mind too captivated by the thought of chasing them to notice the growing tensions in front of her.

image by roni

Hidden Account
paddeh
'Amazing! I've never seen anything like that before.' He sounded so excited. A shaky smile filters to her lips as she shakes her wings, more colors coming forward to form a adult greyhound in front of Rita, chasing more butterflies after her.

Pain filled his face as it did to hers. She shrunk back, not wanting him to care as much as he did. She didn't want him hurt. 'Irrydae?! Do not apologize, what is the matter? Are you hurt? Is something bothering you? Have I said something?' Irrydae wants to shake her head and tell him no, he is not the problem. She takes slow breaths, closing her eyes as she tucks her head into her chest. 'I- You don't have to answer if you'd rather not tell me ... I'm sorry' Golden eyes peer at the stallion. He is so caring, why is he the one to apologize?

"Oh Evers." She chokes out, mouth turning down slightly. "It's so stupid." Irry mumbles. The star mare wants to tell him, but it's so embarrassing. She takes a shaky breath before raising her head. "I- It's just memories. Of my past, of my mother. Nightmares. I used to get them all the time when I first came here, but they have seemed to disappear. It just wrecked me to have one out of the blue." She tells him, and she finds herself rushing towards him, bicolored hide meeting his own blue one as she pressed her face into his mane, resting against his sturdy figure. He is so strong. Why is he still here? Why does he care about me? Irrydae just hopes he won't pull away, as her mother always would have. Her mother had never shown any emotion towards her, it was a foreign thing for someone to even slightly care for the Storyteller.

Irrydae did not want to pull away from Evers, nares taking in his scent as she tried to steady her breathing. "I've never told anyone about my mother, or about my past really." Comes her muffled voice, forcing herself to pull her head away and step back, wishing she didn't have to. "If you are willing to listen, I would like to tell you." Comes her natural, calm voice, a smile filling her face as her eyes graze his.

[ ooc ; gah short post D: ]
Irrydae

Image Credits

Hidden Account
Evers listens, his heart wide open and written all over his face. Eyes glittering with concern as she shrank back, but finally the something on her mind spilled out into the open. A Nightmare. Slowly, his face softens from alarm into comfort and he welcomes her into his mane with strong shoulders and tentatively moves to brush his nose against her cheek. Wiping away the tears that streaked her beautiful, chocolate fur. He was still nervous, these emotions he didn't understand, but she needed him and for now he called on deeper strength to comfort her in a time of darkness. He watches her pull back, pushing away the feeling of disappointment when she did, unknowingly the skinny blue was rather enjoying their closeness. Ears twitched and Irrydae asked to speak of her past, asked if he would hear her words. Like she needed to ask. He smiled a dipped his head, concern still lining his face as he wished fiercely that he could take away the past that so plagued her. Yet, he knew even if he had such a power, he could not do such a thing. That would be tampering with fate and her careful designs. One could not do such a thing.

"You are far from stupid Irrydae. A wise horse never forgets her past, no matter how much it hurts. A brave horse carries on regardless. You are the bravest and wisest mare I have ever had the pleasure of meeting." His voice was quiet as always, but it was laced with a certainty that he truly believed the words he spoke. She did not need to think that her tears were a weakness and that it was idiotic to remember ones past. He wished he could make her smile and he made a vow that he would not leave the Heavenly Fields until she had smiled from ear to ear. For once in his life, Evers the Able was going to do something right and follow his heart for a change.

Shifting a little closer to her, lobes perched forwards, he gave her an encouraging expression and nickered for her to continue. "Of course I will listen." He said, waiting for her to begin the story that plagued her so much. Rita had returned to her bonded's side by then, watching Irrydae through large puppy eyes whilst her tail wagged happily from side to side. An ear messily flopped back after her mad run around the fields chasing sparkly butterflies and the greyhound too waited for the story Irrydae wanted to tell.
image by roni

Hidden Account
paddeh
It was stupid. So stupid. He must want to laugh and say 'Nightmares? Memories? Really?' Irrydae braced herself for the lash of words that would spew from his blue lips. But they didn't. There were no words. She looked at him in shock, eyes sparking as his face became one of comfort. A smile from him caused her heart to jump slightly and a laugh escaped her. "I should have listened to you in The Threshold. I should have come home with you." Her voice is soft as she takes a deep breath, slowly willing herself to come back to how she naturally is.

'You are far from stupid Irrydae. A wise horse never forgets her past, no matter how much it hurts. A brave horse carries on regardless. You are the bravest and wisest mare I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.' That was it. She wanted to laugh and say how he must be kidding. She would have, if it was any normal day. But it was not any normal day. Today she was having a conversation with Evers the Able, one that was finally private, where she could say whatever or toss aside the calm, collected demeanor that she wore every day. It might be okay to show someone her cracks, and maybe that person might help her fill those cracks. A small smile spread across her lips, and she turned her eyes away slightly. She would be blushing if it could show.

'Of course I will listen.' Irrydae watched as Rita came over to sit at Evers hooves, eyes bright and ears open. A shaky breath left the mare, wondering where to start. "I've never had a father, my mother was my support system. I never had a heard- we were always on the move. To or from what, I have no idea. My mother- she always wanted me to be like her. She taught me to be an outcast, an underling, simmering thing. I worked for her gain. I couldn't leave though, mom was my whole life. She taught me to fight, to be manipulative, to pretend to be someone I wasn't. I was meant to trick people for the gain of myself or my mother. She wanted information, and power. If I didn't do something she wanted me to, she would m-." Irrydae bites her lip, closing her eyes for a few seconds before starting again. "She would mentally abuse me. And still, I couldn't make myself leave. I was my mother's experiment to try to shape me into a power-hungry, malevolent creature to spit out children that she could continue to shape like me, and all she ever did for me was abuse me emotionally. I was so attached though, she was my support system. When I was only two, it's the typical thing, she grew horribly ill. Moving around did nothing but make it worse, and she died. I guess it can be seen as a blessing, finally getting way from the abuse and manipulation."

She felt as if made of air. No heavy weight upon frail shoulders, anymore. The first time she has ever told anyone of her past, of who she used to be. She was not some happy foal chasing butterflies. If her mother had not died what would she be now? Would she have turned out as her mother had wanted her? Irrydae's brow scrunches together, wondering what the stag will say about her past. It wasn't very long, she could have included details and examples, but she saw no need for that.

"I did not have a fairytale childhood, and I doubt I'll have a fairytale ending, a happy ever after, either." Words that could be taken as bitter, sad, a complaint, whatever. The words had left her before they had entered her mind. Irrydae watched Rita, wondering if she'll even ever get a companion. The star spangled mare had no friends besides Evers- if she could consider him a friend! Though, she must if she trusted him with information of her childhood. It was pretty bold of her to tell him, and still she regretted it, she had vowed to never speak of it. No friends. No family. But Evers. Her Evers? Was it even like that or was it another twist of her imagination. This all seemed to good for Irrydae, and she almost expected to wake up and realize it was all just a dream. But she was awake, Evers was standing before her, and she had just told him something she thought she would tell no one. Irrydae considered herself lucky to have a friend like that.

Her heart jumped slightly as her eyes met his this time, and they quickly skirted away. Irrydae never considered having compassion for someone when she was with her mother, so it was a strange thing for her. Irrydae stepped towards him again, maw brushing his ever so slightly, nervous as to what he would do or think. "I'm glad I found you here." Her voice is a whisper, taking the leap of faith as the words leave her mouth. It is so quiet, she is not sure if he will hear it not, she is not sure if it's a good thing if he does hear it.

"I never realized how hard it would be to let go of her, even after everything she did for me. The one and only time I've ever heard the words 'I love you' from someone was before my mother died." Her voice is no longer a whisper, blinking slowly as the sun makes it's descent further and further down under the horizon.

[ ooc ; GUH OMG ;______; andyeahyoucanmakehimhearthatit'suptoyou ]
Irrydae

Image Credits

Hidden Account
"I don't blame you for not coming with me, I wasn't really convincing that day. Newly appointed lead, I didn't even know where my head was." He laughed at the memory. Never in his wildest imaginings did he believe that he would become a Chief of a herd?! Yet, in retrospective, Evers was glad of his time spent looking after a whole land that depended on him. It had installed more confidence in himself and he felt much the wiser now. However, in situations like the one he was in now, he felt hot and nervous. This was what Irrydae did to him and still his mind could not grasp why, his heart was much better at understanding these feelings. Emotion truly was high in the air and he struggled to keep himself standing still, to not shuffle about of even start eating with the urge to be doing something. He managed to remain still and listened to Irrydae's story intently. Interested to know more about her past and why it upset her so. She seemed to prepare herself before speaking and the blue smiled in encouragement, patiently waiting for her to begin with Rita by his side.

The more she spoke the more his gaze softened in sympathy, he knew what it was like to have a controlling mother, though Mandrake was something entirely different from Irrydae's abusing parent. He remained quiet throughout the whole of her story, patient when she took her time and understanding when her words left her velvet maw until finally it seemed she came to the end of her tragic past. Slowly, considering his words first, a small encouraging smile appeared on his lips and he took a tentative step towards her once again. "I am sorry Irrydae, I too would be troubled if I had such a past behind me. Though you must not despair, we cannot predict the future, but we can choose our paths. Look at you now! You are an important member of the Windtossed Foothills, you have a herd that looks up to you and depends on you. You have their love and admiration. We all must go through dark times, but you must also see the light that's all around us." He wondered if his words would help, maybe he really should let her be and leave her to deal with it privately. Yet, he had to try and cheer her up, it tore his heart to pieces seeing her so sad.

She spoke quietly again and Evers struggled to hear her words, his heart jumping to what he thought he heard, unsure as to whether he heard her wrong. He waited a few seconds, contemplating what to say when she spoke for the last time and he looked down to his hooves trying to contemplate her loss. Evers could not remember his mother, he couldn't remember his youthful days because of Mandrake. She had been his everything, his past and his future. Her voice was command and he had killed for her. In a way, he and Irrydae were not so different. Maybe their shared adversity would bring them closer. Or maybe he was just being an optimistic fool.

"I do not remember my parents, not their voices or their faces. I do not know where I am from or why I am here. My mother was a mare who nobody could control, I was not related to her by blood, but I did everything she told me to do. If she said walk off a cliff, I'd of walked off a cliff. She died too, my brothers killed her whilst I took our youngest away from the bloodbath that was surely about to ensue. I will not tell you more, my past is not one to be told aloud and should die with me. We both seem to be creatures of an abusive history Irrydae, but if anything it has taught me to treasure those I consider close to me. It makes me happy to know you feel you can confide in me ... You are also one I have come to treasure." His last words jumped out before he could stop them, happy that his face was still looking at the ground when he said it, his eyes were wide in shock at himself.

Rita was flicking her head back and forth between the two, her young mind not quite grasping the emotions that had erupted in the air. Her mind still on the magical butterflies that Irry had conjured.
image by roni

Hidden Account
paddeh
Her breath catches as she watches him laugh, watching his lithe frame shake lightly and the breathtaking- well, breathtaking to her- smile fills his face. Her eyes crinkle as she she fights a smile at his words. A soft sigh escapes her, mind wandering back to the faint memories of a full year ago. She had been so much different, the mysterious "know-it-all" you could say. Now... well, what was she now? She had an important rank, a wonderful herd and whatever this thing was with Evers. Her heart stutters awkwardly as her mind drifts to that thought. Was it something?

Irrydae had planned to spend her night in the same attitude as she had woken up as- she would have, if she had not found Evers. Now, the nightmare was all but a distant memory in his presence. But now, her sides rise and fall abruptly, heart beating against her ribs and she felt so off guard. Shaky. Awkward. Whatever.

Evers was extremely patient, his gaze growing softer the more her words continued. Irry felt as if she had been knocked off her hooves when the smile dazzles his lips and he steps towards her. Her audits prick forward and she now listens to his wise words. He sounded like such a great figure, so much more wise, as if he was the storyteller or even the Chief again. She stands awestruck at his words, nodding slightly. Indeed, he was her light. '... I will not tell you more, my past is not one to be told aloud and should die with me.' Her stomach drops at that, did he not trust her? Those would have been the words she had told anyone about her past, but, with Evers it was different. She shook it off lightly, understanding why he would think that- she could relate.

'We both seem to be creatures of an abusive history Irrydae, but if anything it has taught me to treasure those I consider close to me. It makes me happy to know you feel you can confide in me ... You are also one I have come to treasure.' His soft eyes were trained on the ground, and Irrydae was in disbelief as she stood stick still, heart sputtering out of control. Golden eyes soften, yet widen in shock and disbelief, knees locking and throat tightening, nearly falling on her face. She inhales roughly, realizing she had not been breathing. Subconsciously, Irrydae stumbles a few steps back, breathing rough and loud. No one had ever had feelings for her- and she had never had feelings for someone. The memory of her mother's last words flashes through her eyes. My orbs flit to my mother, to the pool of blood she lays in. There is wetness dripping down my face as my breathing accelerates. She stares straight at me, her face still a mask of calm. "Irrydae. My star flower, shhh it's okay. Relax. Match your breathing with me." I step forward shakily, focusing all my attention on listening to the soft, even inhale and exhale of my mother. I don't have time to calm myself before we stare into each other eyes, "I love you." The words slip between her maw in a whisper, her chest falling still. I stumble back abruptly, my eyes flooding, vision blurring past the point of any visibility. I barely recognize my body falling to the rough ground, where I lay for days and weep until there is nothing left to weep. Then, I lay there silently, waiting for my own death to come. It doesn't. A dry, silent sob hiccups from my throat, and then my eyes refocus on Evers. He... he treasures me? The words were foreign and awkward in her thoughts. Sadness creases in her eyebrows as she looks at the lithe blue form, heart hammering against her chest. This wasn't right. Emotion. It had been locked away and hidden all her life. "I-" Her voice chokes off, shaking as her sides rise and fall rapidly. Without thinking, Irrydae stumbles a few feet more away, nearly falling to the ground as her pace quickens and wings spread, the wind welcoming her and taking her away from the stallion.

When she is far enough away, the tears come - not silently. Pain and sadness crushes her shoulders as her flight wavers, vision blurring rapidly. What has she done? Her mind flashes to Evers, an image of sadness as he stands there and watches her flee. Irrydae does not notice the scent of the Foothills as she passes the boarder, and her unstable flight causes her to crash into the thick trees. Irry does nothing to move or get up, lying on the ground and letting the pain and grief consume her.
Irrydae

Image Credits

Hidden Account
Evers watches her face turn to panic, his own contorting into swift concern as she suddenly backed away from him. Her eyes seem lost in some land he could not reach and yes, so desperately he wanted to reach her! To place his nose upon her shoulders, to find her in that drowning memory and pull her from it so she could breathe. Yet, his legs do not move in fright that he might scare her away, he’d already done enough to make her panic. The Able wasn’t used to situations like this, him the scholar and the roamer, who had learnt to live with his own company. He didn’t know what to do or say to calm her down, the situation was just too intense and then … She was gone. Her wings taking her to the air, leaving a shocked Evers upon the ground who stood there for a good few minutes after just gazing up at the sky, Rita coming to fall beside him. A low cry escaping her maw making the blue roan’s face twist in desperate sadness, his mind replaying what looked like grief on her face.

Blue eyes finally managed to draw away from the sky and he gazed down forlornly at Rita. "What have I done?" Canine eyes meet his and she moved to sit next to his hocks, her short fur brushing against his own in a familiar touch that was gratefully welcomed by Evers. Slowly, the skinny pair began to make their way back down as he thought back to their conversation and cursed himself. If only he hadn’t let go of his emotions and thought it through better, now he’d scared her off and perhaps she might not ever talk to him again. The stud could feel his heart sinking further and further, a new awful feeling entering his body and bringing his head down lower. Was this why he never got too close to others? Was he unconsciously trying to protect himself from the feeling of being torn apart? The sun was drifting lower, darkness was beckoning and it took some effort for Evers to finally increase his pace.

Jogging along at a brisk trot, Rita running beside him as they made their way back to the Foothills, he thought back once again. This time to his own feelings. His own emotions. Even now he couldn’t deny the feelings that were starting to stir there, feelings that he wasn’t going to be able to shove away very easily now they had been found. What could he do now? If Irrydae didn’t want to see him then seeking her out was going to be a bad idea and yet, how could he apologize if he didn’t see her? He was also partly scared, there was a part of him that had grown affection for her, would he be able to conceal it? In the end, Evers came to the conclusion that if he truly cared for her then yes, he would be able to conceal it for her sake.

Determination now setting in his gaze, he picked up his pace into a canter and headed the rest of the way home.
image by roni