Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

LACE</style>
before the sun sets
GLORY
</style>

It was surprisingly pleasant to see the youngling take his words to heart. It lit a warm feeling of pride within the chest of the elder stallion, one that had nothing to do with the abnormal heat that plagued his body. The smile on his lips grew wider as the foal apologized again, and he nodded in a rather serious greeting once the name of the colt was revealed. Sacre. A name to remember, as so many others he had heard. Would this too be nothing more than a fleeting acquaintance, a first meeting that also would prove to be the last?

Time would tell. For now it was enough to know that he didn't mind the presence of this Sacre as much as he normally would have. The curiosity and bravery he showed in approaching a complete stranger was commendable, as was the quick conclusion he seemed to make as he looked around for the second person to be introduced. Lace bit back a smirk and didn't say anything. Fajira could - and would - speak for herself if she wanted to, and he didn't want to disturb her in her meal. She was busy devouring the steaming meat of the hare, pearly teeth ripping and chewing with a pleasure that would have made him purr if he'd had the ability. No, it was certainly for the better that the colt didn't see her right now. He was on his toes as it was, and a blood-splattered dragon wouldn't make much of a good impression.

His smile, however, faded slightly once Sacre continued to ask questions. A faint suspicion began to grow, though the silvery horse kept them to himself as he looked back at the young boy - saddened, that such suspicion and prejudice was passed on so quickly. Where would the bloodshed end if the children were taught to hate before they had left their mothers sides?
"Your father said that? Hmm... He must care for you, to give you words of caution. And what do you think? I am indeed an equine, and you are a unicorn. I don't know about you, but I don't see that much of a difference."

He began to walk along the frozen river once more, slowly so that the youngster could keep up if he so wished. "I'm not going to say that your father is wrong to tell you to keep away from equines. I've heard many of my kind warning our children to stay away from those like you as well. There is much hatred in this world, Sacre, both justified and irrational, but I've found that it often stems from ignorance." The smile faded as he spoke and was replaced by a saddened look, a weary look stemming from the many long years he had watched the constant bickering of racists.

"It is a foolish thing to judge someone based on how they look. You never know what they really think, it is impossible to determine what a horse is truly capable of until you have gotten to know them. We are all different, and to say that these and those are bad simply because they have or don't have a horn is just... Well, I find it a bit... shortsighted."

He paused and offered the child a faint grin, hoping that his words wouldn't turn the boy against him. Fathers were a sensitive subject at that age. There was never anyone more admired, more feared and more loved. Lace knew it well, he had always looked up to his own sire; wanted to become like him, wished to grow as strong, as wise. A slight towards a father was like a kick in the face and to some it was just too hard to accept that the parent wasn't always right.

CREDITS: Schwartze | venomxbaby | 116802
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
When the sun sets - by Lace - 06-10-2013, 02:03 PM
RE: When the sun sets - by Sacre - 06-10-2013, 04:04 PM
RE: When the sun sets - by Lace - 06-10-2013, 05:01 PM
RE: When the sun sets - by Sacre - 06-10-2013, 05:50 PM
RE: When the sun sets - by Lace - 06-10-2013, 06:51 PM
RE: When the sun sets - by Sacre - 06-13-2013, 03:48 PM