the Rift

[OPEN] A Long Trip Alone || Saffron

Adalaide Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

"It doesn't last long, I suppose. Comes and goes with the seasons." My warm smile was still there, even though it was tainted with weariness. I had made it such a long ways and my eyes were beginning to droop. "Of course, if that gets you, perhaps you have never seen one of these before?" What came with snow? Ice. What came with both? Icicles.

I walked over, out of the cover of the pine tree. About 40 feet away was a branch with icicles lined up and down. My icy blue eyes scanned them all up and down, trying to find a reasonably sized on. Once found, I took my mouth and grasped it, feeling the freezing sensation upon my lips and tongue. My body heat was melting it and luckily, it didn't get stuck to my tongue. I was sure to keep my teeth away from it, lest I feel a pang running up my nerves.

I drop the icicle beside her but close to the edge of the cover of the pine trees, my black, thick tail trailing behind me. We certainly didn't need anything wet getting on us in these frigid temperatures unless we were welcoming sickness and death. My snowy white pelt descended onto the cold and frozen ground littered with pine needles. In response to her other statement, I chuckled with a weary smile, "No one will need to keep watch tonight. With this giant tree covering us, we'll be extremely hard to spot. Our monotone coats will blend in. We're at an advantage here and I doubt someone will be out in the snow looking for trouble. If so, they'll find it."

I chuckled once more, then put my weary head down, watching my surroundings as the lightness decreased in amount. I waited for any more questions she would ask. "You should perhaps get to rest. We both have a long day of traveling tomorrow with as little breaks as possible." My ears flickered in her direction, ready to speak at the first words that came from her mouth and ready to provide an answer.

"Talk"

Image Credits Crows

Messages In This Thread
A Long Trip Alone || Saffron - by Adalaide - 06-10-2013, 11:04 PM
RE: A Long Trip Alone || Saffron - by Saffron - 06-11-2013, 07:14 PM
RE: A Long Trip Alone || Saffron - by Adalaide - 06-12-2013, 04:45 PM
RE: A Long Trip Alone || Saffron - by Saffron - 06-12-2013, 05:33 PM
RE: A Long Trip Alone || Saffron - by Adalaide - 06-12-2013, 08:13 PM
RE: A Long Trip Alone || Saffron - by Saffron - 06-12-2013, 09:50 PM
RE: A Long Trip Alone || Saffron - by Adalaide - 07-01-2013, 07:26 PM
RE: A Long Trip Alone || Saffron - by Saffron - 07-01-2013, 08:02 PM