the Rift

Hypothetical [Stealth] [Moon Boy to Xira, Dragon's Throat]

Xira Posts: 67
Up For Adoption atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 hh :: 7 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kye :: Red-Footed Falcon :: Read Adoptable

I’ve had it, Martin! Every night I come home from work to this- You sit on the couch writing your songs with your shoes kicked off and dirt trailing from the door to where you recite poetic verses of your own. You look filthy in your ill-matching outfit comprised of old and wrinkled clothes- you’re like a child who’s stubbornly waiting for his mother to do his laundry and re-wearing this wardrobe until she does. Lately I’ve been feeling less like your wife and more like your mother. I was a fool to try and tie you down, wasn’t I? After all, you model yourself after the great American Romantics, and I can’t remember any of them settling down like this. Well, I hate to break it to you but Walden Pond’s been nothing but a tourist trap for years now- Its blue waters and natural lighting may seem a dream in your eyes, but to me it’s nothing but a sign of your apparent foolishness. But that’s the worst part. I come home each night and I see you there, your face half covered in the shadow of your own guitar, and as much as I hate you, as much as I want to yell and scream and tell you how much of an idiot you are, I can’t bring myself to do it. There’s this sneaking suspicion that you’re not as dull as you appear, that you’re merely playing an extended trick on me. And so I’ll just keep writing down my thoughts until the day I walk in on you with some strange man, and have a reason to kick you out of my life that’s satisfactory enough to your fanclub of my friends.

Once again to nothing more that the inside of a trashcan,
-Chardonnay

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
Mirage protects herself.

ali Posts: 22
OOC Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 5'4 :: 28
ali
Vadim protects himself

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
Torasin protects himself.

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

These three remain safe today.
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Cineviam is safe.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!
Enki protects himself. xP

Tares Posts: 74
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: 38 months
Alex
Neither are sought- The edge should tread carefully with only one guess left.
Ascended Helovian

Mauja is safe.

Deceased
Alex
Mauja is not sought, but the Edge rests undisturbed.

Kou Posts: 93
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 :: 4
ali
Histe protects herself
Ascended Helovian

Anyway, Moth's safe too. xD

Deceased
Alex
The acid witch and the cocky birdsect are not sought.

Kachie Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Ruka protects himself.
Vikram protects himself.

Deceased
Alex
Neither are sought.

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
Rishi protects herself and her egg.

Deceased
Alex
Neither are sought.

48 hours exactly have passed, and t'was Moon Boy who was sought!
Given that it was an extensive stealth, I've pulled it apart to analyze it line by line and numbered each clue.

1. I’ve had it, Martin!
Martin is a boy's name and it begins with M. Gender and little Name Ref.

2, 3, 4. Every night I come home from work to this- You sit on the couch writing your songs with your shoes kicked off and dirt trailing from the door to where you recite poetic verses of your own.
Night is a reference to Moon. Kicked off shoes and trailing dirt relate to his sort of bohemian lifestyle. Song and poetic verses refers to his love of creating song and poetry.

5.You look filthy in your ill-matching outfit comprised of old and wrinkled clothes- you’re like a child who’s stubbornly waiting for his mother to do his laundry and re-wearing this wardrobe until she does.
Not a very strong clue, but refers to his mis-matched coat colors, as he is a paint.

6.Lately I’ve been feeling less like your wife and more like your mother.
Wife notes that he is attracted to mares- see clues #17 and #18

7.I was a fool to try and tie you down, wasn’t I?
Wanderer, bohemian lifestyle again

8, 9, 10. After all, you model yourself after the great American Romantics, and I can’t remember any of them settling down like this.
American Romantics were known for their poetic nature, particularly in describing nature. Romantic refers to his Romantic nature. Settling down is once again, his wanderer lifestyle

11, 12, 13. Well, I hate to break it to you but Walden Pond’s been nothing but a tourist trap for years now- Its blue waters and natural lighting may seem a dream in your eyes, but to me it’s nothing but a sign of your apparent foolishness.
Walden Pond is often linked to Thoreau, another American Romantic, hence its insertion. Its blue waters in his eyes are a reference to his blue eyes. The dream in his eyes refers to his personality. His "apparent foolishness" is a part of his personality, specifically the fact that he is smarter than he seems.

14, 15. But that’s the worst part. I come home each night and I see you there, your face half covered in the shadow of your own guitar, and as much as I hate you, as much as I want to yell and scream and tell you how much of an idiot you are, I can’t bring myself to do it.
Night once more leads to moon. The shadow across half his face can be interpreted as the dark part of his face vs. the light, or as the shadow that falls across the moon each night.

16. There’s this sneaking suspicion that you’re not as dull as you appear, that you’re merely playing an extended trick on me.
Personality.

17. And so I’ll just keep writing down my thoughts until the day I walk in on you with some strange man, and have a reason to kick you out of my life that’s satisfactory enough to your fanclub of my friends.
"Martin" would cheat on his wife with a man, suggesting Moon Boy's bisexuality.

Once again to nothing more that the inside of a trashcan,
Nothing, really.

18. -Chardonnay
His wife is named Chardonnay, a type of alcohol, and has been feeling more like his mother. Moon Boy's mother was a Champagne, also a liquor.

Olema Surema Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Pass.

This was definitelt a hard steal, but i thought, and was not dissappointed, that there would be a wealth of clues in it as opposed to fluff.

ali Posts: 22
OOC Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 5'4 :: 28
ali
I pass this stealth as well.

It was difficult to figure out who it was. It challenged us all and made us think. After the reveal the clues all made perfect sense. Congrats on a very tricky steal!