the Rift

[Adri]Even when I'm dead, I'll swim through the Earth, just to be next to your bones

Sol Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Looking up from underneath, fractured moonlight on the sea

Gold looked like copper, but honey coloured eyes looked bright. White hair looked to be grey and no necklace hung from his neck. How far had he traveled? He couldn't tell you, he didn't keep track. In fact he found that he had even stopped counting days and nights. For all he knew it could have been a year since he decided to follow her. A year since that damn Kanai had attempted to chain her down again. Sol had no trouble following directions given to him by others who had seen her pass through their lands. But when directions ran out and trouble threw a new curve at him the gold stallion found himself following absolutely nothing but an insane amount of hope and determination. Without the necklace around his throat the feeling of exposure in an unknown wood closed around him, somewhere far off it had fallen from him and he hadn't taken any care to turn around and fetch it. He was too far to go around and get it if he wished. Instead the now copper looking stallion kept on. Always muttering something. Usually involving Adrixaura and her father Onsoun who he had met before he left. The red horse had been worse than she had said and poor Sol had escaped with a few scars and with his face when he told the stallion how she had vanished. The sun rose and turned his face a dirty gold, the dirt and worry showed on his face. Honey eyes stared out at the world, searching as he stopped and stood still

(OOC; >.> Sorry Candy, I just totally failed there.)

Reflections still look the same to me as before I went under

Image Credits

Adrixaura Posts: N/A
Unregistered

A d r i x a u r a
hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die,
then life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.
Her bones seem weary, and her body is sore. Sikeax is off somewhere, and she is free to do as she pleases now in the wilds. Tonka wouldn't care much if she hit the threshold and looked for the newcomers. Today was one of those days she just let her new daughter off a leash and her run free. She was just a baby, she couldn't do anything that bad, could she? The thought of her daughter somehow finding a way to set a tree or something on fire bothered her, but the filly was innocent enough. Right now, the best she could get was taking time out of her day to harass the newcomers. Ah, they were always so stupid and innocent and looking for safety, when you're not going to get safety unless you take to brutality of the herds. Her imprisonment with the Foothills made her hate the herds even more. They could burn in hell for all she cared.
Wandering back to the place where she had met Ignita and Faelon, made her two friends and a good choice to join the Assassins, well, it brought back memories. In the trees and cold sunlight, there was memories here she was glad to have received and brought forth. She inhaled, took in the smell around, and then hit a brick. What was that? Her mind shot into emotional breakdown and panicked. Lately she was panicking a lot, but this was different. It was familiar, and anything from her past that leaked her could easily ruin what good serenity she had somewhat received while here.
She may be sore after the birth recently, but that can be the least of her worries. Panic in her blood and fear in her head, she takes off for the source of the scent. The same thought replays over and over again in her head. Oh please don't let it be Kanai. Please not Kanai. Not that man again. The thought is thrown brutally out of the picture by the time she finds the source of the smell.
For there, between the trees and in the snow and sunlight, stands the golden stallion who had her heart from hello.
"SOL?!?! IS IT REALLY YOU?!"
Okay, so maybe she screamed too loud at the stallion, but it is the first true feeling of joy she can know is real. Her actions might be too childish, but as she runs to him, bursting with happiness to see her true love, this is pure joy. She goes to hug him, to feel his warmth and smell him and know that he is real. She just wants his voice so bad, to know that what she is seeing is not a stranger that happens to look too much like Sol and is freaking out over the fact a mare like her just charged them screaming a name they didn't now and then hugging them. That isn't a thought right now. It's the fact that Sol is here, and she is with him.
"Did you follow me here? Are you alright? Oh, you have to come home with me. Sikeax will love to meet you and you would be perfect in the Assassins. You could be with me all the time in a group where for once we're all there for each other. Oh please Sol, come with me. I don't want to lose you again."
Towards the end of her emotional breakdown, tears come forth and she finds herself crying. The Devil's Advocate crying over a stallion that she is begging to come home with her. What would he think of Sikeax? Would he be hurt that she let another stallion breed her, or accept the filly as Onsoun had accepted her? Now it could turn into mind games, and she could mess up greatly. But now, Sol is here with her, she has him, and that's all she's ever going to need at moment to reheal a broken heart.

image credits
table by whit

Sol Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Looking up from underneath, fractured moonlight on the sea

The scream and charging embrace stunned him for a moment. Still the same Aura. A smile toyed at the end of his lips but turned to a frown at her crying. Chuckling a little he wiped the tears away from her face. "Yes I followed you, and I'm fine." Moving a few wisps of Adrixaura's black mane he smiled. "Who is Sikeax?" Sol's eyes searched a moment for Myrsk before looking back at Adri. He didn't ask where her little blue bird was, Myrsk was never absent so the gold horse could already take a guess. Instead he held the femme close. "I missed you Aura, take me home, take me with you." His deep voice was sad and he was scared she'd vanish from him again. Disappearing into the dark like last time. A sigh escaped his throat when he let go of her and he smiled at her. "I'll play nice with others, I promise." Both Adrixaura and Sol had never been good at playing well with others. But they played nice with each other, the only person Sol played nice with was her. Others he just chewed up and spit out if he pleased. Inhaling deeply he looked at the blue eyes that captivated him so easily. "Lead the way Aura. I'll follow you, just like always and you can tell me who Sikeax is." He carefully moved a few pieces of her forelock and rested his head next to hers for a moment. "I love you Aura. So very much." It was barely audible to anyone but her and himself, words he used carefully. Words he never thought he'd say again until the cocky rude mare who had found him at his daughters grave stole his heart away and showed a new path to him. A path to her. Always, always leading to her. His Aura.

Reflections still look the same to me as before I went under

Image Credits

Adrixaura Posts: N/A
Unregistered

A d r i x a u r a
hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die,
then life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.
Just having his embrace was a welcoming experience, and his voice that followed was all that was needed to keep her from crying more. She couldn't just stop crying a dime, she didn't know if that was possible unless you were faking, and right here there was no way she could be faking her tears of joy. He'd followed her and was fine, he'd made it through the elements and those outside this haven just to find her. How was she able to repay him? Her undying love might do it, and a home with the Assassins was the most she could offer. When the question began of her daughter, she didn't have much to tell him.
"Well.... uh...." She'd have to think this through completely. It was difficult enough to explain to him that she had thought she would never see him, and that in the height of breeding season, found herself pregnant to an unicorn stallion named Roy Strider. "Well, Sikeax is my daughter. After I left, I thought I wouldn't ever see you again. I met someone named Roy, and things ended up in my daughter. She is still young, I only gave birth a few days ago." She turned her head away, sighed, and felt as if she had done something wrong. She feels his eyes search for Myrsk, and when his eyes return to look upon her, she shakes her head and turns away.
He says he will return home with her, and it is all she needs to return happiness to her. "Follow me, it's a long walk to the Frozen Arch in the north." She doesn't want to leave his embrace, but finds herself pulled back to him. He's to precious for her to leave, and if she knew she could, she'd drag him to the Frozen Arch while still hanging on to him. She hears those special words be whispered into her ears, and her heart melts.
"Oh Sol, I love you too. I love you more than you'll ever know and I never want to lose you." Tears gathered around her pale blue eyes and she began to cry, digging her face into his neck and white mane. In moments like these, she never wants to let go. But she must, and as she does, feels a piece of her heartbreak come. Standing in the snow, trees surrounding them, this might as well be paradise with what awaits them back home, for the light snow turns more than knee deep, and storms are worse than the blizzards seen in nightmares. It worries her at the thought of him going there, but she knows that he is strong enough to withstand it. For if young Sikeax was able to, then surely he was able to.

image credits
table by whit