the Rift

[JUDGED] gilded blade;

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie

tell me that you want to dance, want to feel your pulse on mine
just treat me like a stolen glance of yourself.

The force of Zima's horn upon her shoulder was dulled away by the impact of her own dark hooves upon the bay flesh of the other mare's upper shoulder, her pleasure at inflicting pain roused once more as she felt the tissue buckle beneath the pressure of her attacks, her shoulder making good impact with the curved horned mare's body despite her attempts to thwart the onslaught, throwing Zima slightly off balance and forcing her to take a step back to hold all four hooves on the ground. So much for being bigger than me, perhaps the very thing that had allowed Illynx's shove to be effective, though there was no time to think about it just now; a russet elbow was now clenched between her teeth, tasting mildly of sweat, forcing the scent of the other mare into the gilded femme's nostrils. Illynx found she already smelled like ice and conifers, a pleasant overlay to the salty odor permeating through her thickened winter pelt.

She spat a mouthful of bay hued hair to the frozen ground as Zima launched forward, her front limbs elevated a few foot from the earth and aimed to slam themselves into the older mare's ribs. Fortunately for Illynx and unfortunately for her opponent, Zima's first attack shoved her a good distance to the side, Illynx spreading her gold dipped legs wide under the force of impact in order not to topple over, the other unicorn's size being an advantage in this situation and over powering the golden mare's balance and low center of gravity; a trail of molested and upturned soil followed the trek of Illynx's round hooves to where she now stood, her hindquarters some foot and a half from where the grass turned into shoreline alongside the lake, a shallow ache rippling through her ribs. She hadn't realized that they'd drawn so near to the water, her brain flitting to the sounds of the water she couldn't see for but a brief moment before the tip of Zima's curved horn ran a rough line down her side.

Her golden eyes narrowed savagely, a snort breaking from her blackened nares as a slender welt rose up on her plushly coated body, and silently she blessed the season; if it had been summer, there would be blood running in a line down her rib cage where her thick winter coat had protected the skin. Her heart raged within her breast, demanded that the other be re-paid for their slight - didn't I ask her not to kill me? She was suddenly taken by the desire to repay the damage to her beautiful skin rather than just deepening her purpose within the Basin, beyond just training young Zima, despite her faintly audible conscious thoughts that it had probably been a novice's accident. Her hindquarters spun around, taking advantage of Zima's step back, the right side of her body now nearly parallel to the large lake in the center of the mountain clearing, rear limbs lashing out behind her towards Zima's chest, upper legs, face - whatever happened to be there as the blows struck out, the muscles in her shoulder protesting slightly as she pressed her entire weight upon it. As soon as all four limbs were back on solid ground, Illynx bolted forwards and to the left, attempting to keep her body as low to the ground with broad steps as she could for balance as she galloped in a half circle, a dual purpose motion; it would force Zima to recover ground or be driven to the shore and later the lake itself, as well as provide room for an attack. Her fore-hooves raised upwards as she closed in, the points pulled together so that both hooves were side by side, their spade like point aimed for Zima's stifle or lower hip, both very soft and sensitive to bruising, preparing the rest of her muscles to move into position to limit Zima's chances of retreating from the waterline.

[ 3 of 4 - Zima's shove attack hits, pushing Illynx back a fair distance and causing the horn attack to lightly graze her side, raising a welt as well as her temper. :P She turns around and aims a buck to Zima's chest area, then moves in a quick circle around to Zima's hip region, aiming both her front hooves at the lower area of her hip. ]

[ OOC: Had some trouble figuring out placement to describe the lake in this one. I used to use paint but I have recently discovered that reenacting the fight with model horses is way more fun and just as informative and helpful. :D Just thought I'd share. :3 Oh and much better in this one, Zima is so sweetly innocent I just love it. ]

Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Messages In This Thread
gilded blade; - by Illynx - 06-11-2013, 10:49 AM
RE: gilded blade; [ Zima - Training Spar ] - by Zima - 06-11-2013, 02:05 PM
RE: gilded blade; [ Zima - Training Spar ] - by Zima - 06-12-2013, 01:52 AM
RE: gilded blade; [ Zima - Training Spar ] - by Zima - 06-13-2013, 03:09 AM
RE: gilded blade; [ Zima - Training Spar ] - by Illynx - 06-14-2013, 03:05 PM
RE: gilded blade; [ Zima - Training Spar ] - by Zima - 06-16-2013, 12:16 AM
RE: gilded blade; [ Zima - Training Spar ] - by Zima - 06-20-2013, 11:56 PM
RE: gilded blade; - by Official - 07-06-2013, 12:59 PM