the Rift

[JUDGED] gilded blade;

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
Illynx
[ OOC: If you ever have trouble posting before a deadline ends you can always PM the person you're fighting/doing whatever with and ask for an extension. :) Most people will give them so long as you have a good reason (i.e. not "I didn't feel like it." xD) that way you don't have to panic about imaginary pony battles on top of RL stress; I say most people cause I know very few roleplayers that would rather get a default win over a finished thread and possible loss, and I'm one of 'em. I got so nervous yesterday when last I looked you hadn't replied! Inwardly I said noooooooooo Dx and today I came on and said HOORAHHHH! 8D Lol. ]

Sweat had begun to gleam upon Zima's blood hued coat, the wear of the battle harder on her untrained and young sinew than it was on older and already battle hardened Illynx; the golden trimmed mare had yet to feel the cool air strike any moist areas of her body, the only location that had gathered any perspiration being the skin that folded in on top of itself around the bend of her elbows and where her stifle met her barrel. She was proud of this, but knew also that the cold in combination with a fresh layer of sweat could be dangerous once their rapid movements ceased and they were left standing in the brisk winter air, yet another wonderful reason aside from sore muscles to take a relaxing bath in the hot springs before retiring to a good long rest.

There was not much time to think about delightfully warm baths, however, the mare returned to reality by the slap of her horn upon the hindquarters of her younger opponent, the blow just narrowly striking the other mare as she tried to evade the sweep. Illynx smiled approvingly, already seeing great promise in the fresh soldier as she bullied her way through the surely painful collection of bruises she had collected upon her hip, the gold dipped limbs of the corporal adding on to the mark from the horn with her front hooves in fluid time. Her own muscle, just behind the elbow joint, begged softly in the corner of Illynx's mind for the battle to be finished, a mild annoyance to the femme who had expected entirely at the beginning of the spar to walk away unscathed; once again, however, she had been proven wrong about her presumptions of others, having believed Zima to be too soft hearted for such a field. Then again, this was only a practice spar, and Illynx knew well enough the difference between a friendly banter of a battle and a true combat situation, something the young bay unicorn would learn in time, should she continue on her current path. The soft heart of the young soldier had only just begun to be tempered and molded into a true sword, and while she may be agile and intelligent enough to hold her own in a friendly match, she very well may be unable to take a life.

The youth took a step away from the mare with the golden lock as her front end was still airborne, the pair both radiating tendrils of steam from their heated bodies, Zima's eyes nearly black with rage as she squared off, preparing to launch her final bought of attacks at the corporal. Illynx's golden gaze met with hers as her fore-limbs came to ground, though she had little time to brace herself against Zima, who quickly closed the space between them and slammed her slightly larger frame into that of Illynx, the shorter femme wobbling despite herself, limbs spreading wide and clutching with what hold they could muster to the earth. The spitfire of a unicorn took note as she slid across the slick grass that Zima rather seemed to enjoy slamming into things, a trait that would serve her no good in a battle against an opponent much larger than she was to Illynx. The younger unicorn, after having made impact, then moved quickly counter clockwise, her head lowered for a horn strike; the glossy black and curved weapon caught the light, flashing a bright bead of the sun into Illynx's golden gaze, a loud curse erupting from her lips as her head ducked down quickly to remove the blinding glare from her eyes.

It served its purpose, however, her horn intercepting that of Zima's so that the blow directed towards her lower legs struck high on her chest and with much less impact, a loud crack breaking the serenity of the air as the two weapons met. A vibration spun up the length of her blade and made the front half of her face tingle oddly, a sensation that Illynx had never grown completely used to, no matter how many times she used her horn to strike hard surfaces. Once the hum in her most treasured appendage subsided (a matter of a second and a half, if you are curious), she spun hard and away from Zima, her breath rising from her nostrils in vast plumes of misty fog. "Enough!" she said, her ears rising from their flattened position atop her crown and head snaking low, "That should be quite enough for now."

[ Closing Defense: Zima shoves Illynx successfully, throwing her off balance, and the subsequent horn attack to her chest temporarily blinds her, making her drop her horn which just happens to intercept Zima's, directing the blow to her chest and without as much impact as initially intended. And then she sorta...pirouettes on out of there. xD ]
if I only could make a deal with God.
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Messages In This Thread
gilded blade; - by Illynx - 06-11-2013, 10:49 AM
RE: gilded blade; [ Zima - Training Spar ] - by Zima - 06-11-2013, 02:05 PM
RE: gilded blade; [ Zima - Training Spar ] - by Zima - 06-12-2013, 01:52 AM
RE: gilded blade; [ Zima - Training Spar ] - by Zima - 06-13-2013, 03:09 AM
RE: gilded blade; [ Zima - Training Spar ] - by Zima - 06-16-2013, 12:16 AM
RE: gilded blade; [ Zima - Training Spar ] - by Zima - 06-20-2013, 11:56 PM
RE: gilded blade; [ Zima - Training Spar ] - by Illynx - 06-21-2013, 02:59 PM
RE: gilded blade; - by Official - 07-06-2013, 12:59 PM