the Rift

[OPEN] A time for Action [Crafters, open]

Sulwyn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

When you are ready, I will surrender
Take me and do as you will

"I will aid in the creation of this wall." The voice was a soft tremor in comparison to the rest: light and tinged with grief, but also full of determination. The fires that raged inside her heart were not as fiercely lit as the torrents of flame in those of the others. She barely knew of either of the members that had left their ranks just a few days earlier, but the mare did remember spending that one sunlit day with the healer and his children. The mustang twists her slender mouth into the shadow of a smile, and dips her head low to the ground at the memory. Who could have thought that your heart could cringe at the mere thought of someone you had met only once before.

With a slight trudge in her step and with a moistness inside of her golden eyes, the wraith parts the Frostfall mists with her painted face and addresses the trio of crafters; one of a stunning silver much like her own hide, a painted stag and his dog whom she had seen speak at meetings in the past, and a lavender maiden barred with clouds of white frost. Sulwyn did not ignore the smaller form of yet another child of grulla coloring, but the proposition that the wraith had for the three Diviners was a rare one, and she wanted to see the wall built as soon as it was capable.

"If you want someone to clear a path, dear Aaron, then allow me to make the task easier for you." Closing her glistening eyes, the mare stands as still as she can, slowing her breathing so that it barely makes a sound, and she calls forth the dark power that she had feared for so long. That's a lie. I am still afraid of you; terrified of you, even. But there was no time to waste in the construction of the barrier, and the vixen would not rest until the monsters who had slain her family had been dealt with.

A shudder ripples through her sun-painted architecture at the touch of her dark orb, and behind closed eyelids golden eyes begins to roll. Fighting off the alarm that she feels at the life-stealing touch of her fiery sphere, Sulwyn forces the hovering flame away from her, and slowly opens her eyes. "This is my magic, brothers and sisters, and I do not reveal this ability often." In fact, the few members gathered here were the first to learn about her ability at all. "I do not know of its origins, but I do know -- first hand -- that it saps energy. I have no doubt that it has the potential to... harm."

The mare pauses to stare in awe at the wispy tendrils coming off of the ball of dark matter, and for a moment she almost feels comfortable around it. The moment soon fades, however, and the wraith raises her nose to the orb to breathe on it, sending it away with her mind to crash against a nearby pine tree. Almost directly upon impact, the tree begins to blacken and bend, cracking and shrieking and sighing until the area where the flame had hit was gnarled and bent. Conjuring up a smaller companion for the first -- which had burst when it had collided with the trunk of the tree -- Sulwyn sent it along the same flight path of the other and, with a wail, the dying pine tree collapsed to the ground with a cacophony of crashes, its brittle branches rattling together and the bark splintering off on its way towards the earth.

Wincing at the shock of having killed the once-youthful tree, the mustang turns her golden eyes back on Aaron's brown ones, and croaks, "I've never had the intention of killing things, but if using my spectral flames to forge a path for your wall will protect our family, then I think that I am capable of enduring through the pain of causing a few casualties on nature's own side of this war."

Truth do you hear me?
Don't try to come near me
So tired I sleep through the lie

Image Credits

{OOC/EDIT: DERP DERP. I totally thought that Lace was referring to Tamira's death when he said 'healer' ((I also kept reading Torasin as Tamira for some reason)), so Sulwyn's little babble about Thor's beloved doesn't make any sense. I'm an idiot. ;-;}

Messages In This Thread
A time for Action [Crafters, open] - by Lace - 06-11-2013, 02:36 PM
RE: A time for Action [Crafters, open] - by Aaron - 06-11-2013, 04:35 PM
RE: A time for Action [Crafters, open] - by Sulwyn - 06-11-2013, 07:22 PM
RE: A time for Action [Crafters, open] - by Lace - 06-14-2013, 09:46 AM
RE: A time for Action [Crafters, open] - by Aaron - 06-19-2013, 11:25 PM