the Rift

Argos

Argos Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The bitter wind nips at Argos wings and the heavy falling snow covering her black feathered wings making it hard for the mare to fly. Finally she could not take the weight on her small wings anymore. Argos lands on the snow covered ground her slight black form standing out in the white land cape. Her auds flicked forward and her neon green orbs scanned the horizon for threats. The mare sighed and walked gingerly into the wooded area and shivers slightly.

The slight mare was not used to this kind of cold she was from the southern regions.She never got this snow, all she got were rain,wind,and sunshine but lately frozen waters and sticky muddy grounds. "Oh this is miserable, i wish i could warm up" she thought to her self as she shook her form of the awful snow. She needed to be warm so she walked stiffly and aimlessly through the barren tundra she may call home.

What was this? A shadow? A predator? A horse? Friend or foe? All these questions popped up as she saw this dark form moving accrossed the land. "Do i neigh to see if its a horse or do i keep quite and save myself?" she thought quickly. She threw her head up and lets out a longing and ringing neigh hoping that would stop the figure. She walked out from the underbrush and out into the open where the wind could bite and nip at her body. She stood perfectly still her black wings tucked tightly to her body and her mane and tail blowing in the harsh wind and her auds and orbs locked on the figure.
[/color]
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
The miserable rain had at least stopped; now it was behaving like proper winter, snow falling heavily from an overcast sky and his long mane and tail whipped into a frenzy by bitter winds. He felt more at home in the howling of a blizzard than in sleet and cold-rain, and warmer, too; fortunately there had been a time gap between the rain and the temperature dropping again, so he'd made it through with neither hypothermia nor frostbite. And, as always, he felt a great deal more cheerful. To him, the heaviness of falling snow was not encumbering – to him, the blurred, gray line between heaven and earth was beautiful. Irma, however, preferred flying in clear skies, and had camped in a tree somewhere else, leaving him to move alone.

He didn't mind. Her soul never left his, after all.

While he often told others the Threshold was dangerous, mostly as incentive to get their asses out and into his herd, he didn't consider it particularly dangerous to himself. Perhaps it was an arrogant notion, but he figured that with all the traffic going through, predators would be hard-pressed to find stable hunting, and any nutcase who came in.. well, Mauja need only scream loud enough and someone would hear and come rescue him (he snorted to himself; screaming wouldn't be on the top of his list of things to do in such a situation, but he was thinking about it theoretically). So, while he paid attention to what was going on, he didn't pay that much attention, and the loud neigh had him jerking to a halt in his tracks, black-rimmed ears playing. Was someone else being assaulted by a nutcase?

Ah – no. A shadow, winged if the outline of her back and sides were anything to go by, disentangled herself from the rest of the forest. She seemed very dark from where he stood, black as coal, shorter, daintier; Mauja was no small creature, tall and powerful, imposing with his cold blue eyes. But, he forced them to soften, like snowdrift under sunlight, even summoned that small smile to his face.

This, was probably the most awkward thing he'd ever done.

"Hail, stranger," he called out in his rich baritone. "I mean you no harm." And then he was moving again, frosted hooves making dents in the snow-carpet, bringing his form forward with a fluid grace. "Welcome to Helovia. What do you seek here?" And his eyes shimmered with some kind of light, despite the gray sky pouring soft snow down on their backs.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo

The Heart Family
Valentine &&
Aiko

Another Frostfall day had come and gone, and it was getting to be too much for Valentine to be within the walls of his home. He was born in winter after all, and what better than to be out and about during the wonderful season? It was a day where Aiko could learn about the snow, and he bid her to come with him. She happily agreed, and it was a day that I knew she would soon not forget. She stood in aw at first, just simply staring at all the white that was about her. I laughed at how she looked, and she was soon rolling in it. It was cold of course, but it was well worth it to see her happy face. We when all the way to the Threshold, playing and jumping in the snow as it fell softly on the ground.

She got cold after a while, and we stopped to rest so as I could keep her warm for a while. She sunk underneath my large body, shivering for a little while, then she soon slipped away from me, begging to come back and play again. I sighed, standing up as she was already running away, giggling as she did so. She was a quick child, and I had to do my best to keep up with her. She was the first to hear the black pegasus mare whinny, and I was soon behind her as she appeared, looking right at us. Aiko ran behind me, and I looked at her. And then he saw him. Mauja. He was back, and as much as he wanted to yell at him, it was something that he didn't want to do, especially in front of his daughter. It had been a long time since he had seen the spotted stallion, the one who even took him into this land and gave him a home, even if it was overthrown soon after. But times have changed, and though Mauja was probably not to blame, he still felt as if he should be. No, not today would he talk to him, or try to tell him everything that was on his mind. He approached her as well, standing to the side of the Frostheart. Making sure Aiko was also at his own side, and said his own word of greeting.

"Hello. As he said, you are in Helovia. My name is Valentine, of the Dragon's Throat, and I am an Artisan. Are you perhaps seeking a home?"

"blah blah blah."

Image Credits
I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Unregistered

ARGOS
Im Just Trying To Survive You

Argos half reared at the sight of a equine coming towards her. Her coal auds pricked as the equine came closer. The equine was a earth dwelling unicorn stallion. She swishes her tail and listens to his rich smooth baritone."Hello, i came here to rest,seek shelter and find a forever home where i can be happy, By the way im Argos, and you are?" she asked in her soft bell like tone, her neon green eyes assessing him. He was much bigger then her and finely muscled, he was spotted and his eyes made her heart flutter, they were cold but soft and shimmered softly. His horn matched his eyes a piercing blue. Her attention snapped to the new figures walking towards them, it turned out to be another stallion. His daughter perhaps?"Hello little one" Argos said softly bending her head to the foals level "Hello Valentine i am Argos, Yes i am looking for a home" and again this new stallion was much bigger then her and very well muscled. Argos shifted nervously as stallions made her uncomfortable in a way she could not describe, Maybe it was how big and powerful they were but the new stallion was sweet and kind to this foal. Her ears pricked as she felt the tension between these to power houses she looked nervously one to the other " Do you know each-other" she asked softly breaking the tense silence. She tossed her mane and her forelock and swished her tail. These stallions where both dashing and scary at the same time. She sighed curse her shyness why must she be so weak!?

Neo says: your table code was a tad messed up and broke the forum layout, I fixed it for you, so please make sure you use this code <3
Ascended Helovian

But his first triumph would be robbed from him, by coincidence, by.. Valentine. He felt very rude, suddenly snapping his head around before she'd even said her name, but the movement at the edge of his vision had seemed familiar... And it was. It was Valentine, Valentine the Traitor, someone who had regarded Mauja with almost worshipful eyes when he came through the Threshold over a year ago – Valentine, whom he'd barely known but heard of since his return. Hadn't he been Snö's prisoner? Why was he out here again? Were they daft, up in his valley? Rage pricked at the back of his mind, dark, terrifying black-cold rage, a sudden desire to summon the ice and send it crashing through Valentine's chest before he'd even made it two more steps – Mauja bit back a growl, blinked several times, and sighed, ears swiveling back towards Argos. It had all been over in a matter of seconds, even less, and he gave the dark mare an apologetic smile.

"I'm Mauja," he said wearily, knowing that to drop the name Dreven would be suicide now. No, there would be not catch for Dreven today, and the Ice Lord stood in silence while The Traitor came closer, bringing his little girl with him. Gears turned and finally it clicked – he'd seen her, when the Sun healed his shoulder.. just after that had happened. He shifted his weight in silence, listening to Valentine introduce himself, but the young girl was silent; Argos, however, tried to pry a greeting out of her, and Mauja stood to the side, breathing evenly and locking the last of the darkness down. And ah, Valentine was so to the point. Did he truly think Mauja would snatch this mare from before his nose and run off with her? Had he lost all his brains, and thought Mauja was running a rag-tag mix party up in the herd he had been away from for so long?

Please. Psyche would have his balls.

"We do," he replied, honestly, at Argos' question, wondering what had her so on edge. Mauja, for all his height and sharp edges, seemed a rather placid animal, and he'd certainly not done anything to scare her.. or had he? He didn't know. He didn't think so, but maybe she wasn't accustomed to seeing unicorns? Maybe she came from a place where they used to stab you? "But we haven't met in a long time." And he offered the traitor somewhat of a nod, hoping he had enough sense to play along. Did he have a death wish anyway, daring to walk up to the Bane of the organization he had abandoned? "And, miss, if it is a home you seek, I do believe you should follow him. The Dragon's Throat is a warm place to the south, and you will find many feathered kin there."

In my valley, you would only find death.

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo

The Heart Family
Valentine &&
Aiko

The thoughts that must have been going through Mauja's head were equal to those that were going through Valentine's. He was raging with his own inner fury, and it was something that he didn't like to have Aiko with him. What if he recognized her? He surly wouldn't forget her now, and even though he knew there was danger around every lurking corner, even standing to close to Mauja, he felt safe. He wasn't afraid of him, and whatever bull crap he could pull, he would make it out at the end of the tunnel. Or at least he hoped. He looked at him now as he spoke, an almost grimace on his face, which he instead turned into a simple frown. What was it with him that made him just want to tear every last spot off his white coat? The way he spoke about him and his herd made his blood boil, for he knew that Mauja was most likely apart of the racism that grew within the sheltered walls of the North. But he felt as if he knew something deeper about him, but it wouldn't come to him. It was the same thing that he could never come back to, could never remember quite exactly what it was that he couldn't remember.

But now the midnight mare was talking to my daughter, and Aiko was less scared, having the blunt ignorance of a foal. She jumped to the mare, extending her muzzle in greeting, and saying her name in a very excited tone, though she had trouble saying the mare's name, in which I let out a small sigh. She was so young and beautiful, and there was no way the likes of the Basin would ever touch a single hair on her tiny pelt, or I would swear to the Gods of vengence.

"Hello Ar-gos, I'm Aiko Darleane, or Aiko for short. You should come live with us, and the Draggon's Th...Throat. It would be fun!"

She smiled and looked up at me, as if she needed my permission for the mare to come home with us.

"Please Daddy, can she come?"

"Of course she can dear. Hello Argos, it's a pleasure. Yes, unfortunately I do know this stallion, but that is not a question for now. Please, come join me and my daughter to the Dragon's Throat, and I will make sure you are comfortable and safe there."

With that, he only returned Mauja's nod, but did not waste time in turning around and walking back, while Aiko went ahead calling his name. He looked back to see if that mare was following, and only paused over Mauja once. He had no intentions of dealing with the beast today, but someday, he would.

"blah blah blah."

Image Credits
I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Unregistered

ARGOS

Argos tossed her head and just barely hit the spotted stallions nose, it wasn't a hard hit more like a soft seductive brush she didn't mean to hit him and she flinched and waited for the stallions power to force her to the ground. Her neon orbs met Mauja's icy ones with a apologetic stare and she focused on something other then him so she looked out into the distance. The bitter wind blew slightly ruffing her feathers and causing her thick raven forelock to blow over one of her green orbs. "I was meaning maybe i could find a home without so many of my kind, i want to see other equines, maybe i could go with you perhaps?" she said looking back at him with a hopeful shimmer in her orbs and her coal auds pricking towards his general direction. Argos sighed and swished her long raven tail and pawed at the frozen ground absentmindedly. What was this stallions story?, what about his personality?, his faults?, his ideas?, whats going through his mind 24/7? all these questions popped into Argos head as she looked at him out of the corner of her eye, he was a VERY interesting figure. So full of mystery and wonder she wanted to be enlightened and she wanted to try to figure him out. "You are very interesting Mauja" She said softly looking at him from under her lashes.

Argos smiled at the young filly "Im sorry dear, I want to learn more about different species, i may become an outcast, you will see me again soon i promise you" Argos sighed softly and nuzzled the little filly and looked at Valentine "Im sorry Valentine, im sure you are good, and hospitable i need to find a home without my kind, i hope you understand." She said bowing her head to him slightly and looking somberly at the filly oh how she wished she had her own foal.

Ascended Helovian

Her dark head whisked through the air, and if it wasn't because he already knew she bore no horn he probably would've flinched; as it was, he stood steady, eying her with a kind of polite curiosity but feeling his stomach plummet and freeze when her soft nose touched his. Black velvet brushed against black velvet, an involuntary shiver going down his spine. He hadn't expect that.. not that it mattered; she seemed almost embarrassed about it, and he gave her a gentle smile, as if to say it's alright. But her vibrant green eyes were already drifting away, before returning to his with a very unexpected question – certainly nothing he'd ever been asked before, by a hornless. The notion that she did not wish to live with her own kind.. that someone wouldn't want to... It was foreign, and confusing, and intriguing all the same. "Perhaps," he hedged quietly, knowing that this conversation was quickly going out on thin, rotten ice. Valentine's set of ears, listening, was not what he wanted. Not when this .. possibility .. presented itself.

"You are very interesting Mauja." Only some good fortune delivered her comment in the spaces between his breath, otherwise he surely would've choked on the air in surprise. How.. what? Surprise had widened his blue eyes slightly, and as he glanced at her, he found her peering at him in a most ladylike fashion, as if shy, the green distorted by the strong, straight lines of her black lashes. "I.. am?" he responded faintly, arching one 'brow as if to question the statement, but he said no more at the time as Aiko Darleane, Valentine's darling little foal, tried to recruit the older mare. Well, you couldn't fault her for lacking enthusiasm at least, and Mauja felt his lips twitch into a patient kind of smile.

But Valentine, he was too sour for his own name, saying that he unfortunately knew Mauja; and Mauja felt his black heart make a grimace, his soul mumbling that it was a blessing to know your enemies. He should regard it as such, but if he wanted to be sour.. well, let him, and he was already walking away as Argos was explaining to little Aiko she didn't want to go live with her own kind in the Dragon's Throat.

"Have a nice day," Mauja called sweetly at Valentine's turned back, wondering if he, too, came off as an ass whenever he tried to goad someone into motion by walking off. Maybe. Maybe he should pay more attention to what he did. He frowned for a very short moment before turning to Argos with a charming smile, letting his eyes shimmer in that way they sometimes did, as if struck by sunlight. "So.." he said, slowly, weighing the options, the consequences, and deciding that he did owe is herd something. "Do you want to come home with me?"

Unregistered

ARGOS

Argos cocked her head slightly at his smile, she could not help but returning his dashing smile with her own sweet, shy smile. She studied him openly once more he seemed ridged,aggravated, and tense. But when she asked if she could go with him she could see a faint hint of udder surprise she smirked lightly. She chuckled her bell like laugh twinkling at his icy orbs widening even more at her small comment. "You act surprised Mauja, Why is that? Certainly a mighty,dashing, and mysterious stallion like you shouldn't be surprised" She said humor coloring her words. "Why.. Yes you are interesting Majua" she said smiling softly up at him.

She snorted as Valentine walked away with Aiko she looked at the ground thoughtfully and grimaced, Had she made a mistake? She mentally shook herself and looked back up when Majua spoke in an almost sickeningly sweet voice bidding a nice day to the retreating rival stallion. Argos cocked her head curiously as a frown made its way crossed his spotted face, then suddenly he turned to her with a charming smile and again she could not help but smile sweetly back. His icy orbs shimmered breathtakingly and her vibrant green orbs widened in awe and wonder but quickly she smiled " Yes, i would like that very much Majua" she said his name slipping off her tounge in a curious way that felt weird but interesting at the same time. What is this spell the great Majua have her under?

Ascended Helovian

This wasn't the first time – names and faces flashed in front of his mind, and at the forefront was Keahi, Skækja as he called her, and the rather cruel parting he'd given her. Vanamo, then mare Cineviam had brought home. Lotus, the irresistible amazon. Why was it that mares, eying him in that way, expressing the faintest kind of interest, made him want to run away? Slam an ice spike through them and then cool his own blood until he froze? And why, why, did he always hide the discomfort, and entertain them? He gave her that smile because he knew that it would mask the unease, because he wanted to encourage her, and at the same time, he just wanted to run away.

But this time it was for a purpose. At least, that was what he told himself, giving a rather demure shrug. "Truth lies in the eyes of the beholder," he said airily, as if it could somehow explain it all. But the real truth was, that most he were around didn't find him that exciting. Mysterious, maybe, because he kept his secrets closely guarded, but if they thought him dashing, they didn't say, or give it away. Maybe they thought Psyche would have their guts for it? Least of all he had expected such praise, such blatant interest, to come from a pegasus. A pegasus mare. A pegasus mare he had wicked plans for.

And she seemed all too willing to go along, if her blossoming smile was anything to go by. And for a moment, he felt guilty; he was a rather likeable fellow and he knew it, and he was using that, to lure her in.. but he forced that aside, instead letting his smile grow into a rakish grin. "Splendid!" he said, swinging around in the snowfall to face the north. "This way, Argos." And he said it with warmth, not with guilt, offering her a hint of that smile again before moving off through the forest, heading north, towards the Basin. Towards.. well, he didn't quite want to think of it yet.

( you can reply here one more time, and I will set something up for us in the Basin in a day or so ^^ Edit: continues here! )