the Rift

A Gilded Entrance ( Kiva/Open, Joining)

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

A flash of gold glinted in the sky above the Throat. A winged stallion glided, almost effortlessly, over the stone labyrinth at the edge of the region. His thick, cream hued tail flowed behind him like a banner, accenting his entrance into the territory. Ochre wings began to tilt, sending the pegasus further down towards the sand below.

The air held the familiar scent of his own kind, along with the non-winged variety. Looks like I'm in for some company. Leander's rich, golden eyes took in their surroundings. The desert sands meshed with grasses and light foliage, some browned by the sun. The expanse was centered with a lake, which looked as though it had seen better days. To the side, a majestic tree loomed, standing out against the tawny backdrop almost as much as the lake. Curious, the dark palomino curved his flight-path towards the strange tree. The warm sand grazed his hooves as they met the ground with an audible thud. The great tree stood before him, clawing at the sky. It appeared wise, if that were possible. Arching his brawny neck, the stag moved his muzzle near the tree, inhaling deeply. The tree, the region itself seemed uniquely meaningful. He wondered what twists of fate had shaped it. The sun pressed down aggressively on to his pelt, the sensation encouraging him farther into the mottled shade of the tree. Lulled by the comfort of the shadow, Leander rested, wondering on who's ground it was that he stood.

thoughts; "speech"

Kiva Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The small mare trots along the lake to the Dragon’s Blood tree. She is uncomfortably hot, but stops to stare at the shimmering lake, enraptured by the beauty of the bright sun rays scattering on the surface of the water. The sun terrifies her, most likely because of its controller, the God of the Sun. He is extremely terrifying to the timid mare; she favors the sweeter Earth God, who is gentle to the equines of Helovia. Sighing and turning from the water, aching hooves plod closer to the ancient tree, reaching the much-needed shade. Kiva reaches her desire, and before noticing the stallion already enjoying the shade, she leans wholeheartedly onto the cool bark. She jumps suddenly, his appearance having startled her; he was a looming, heavily built pegasus, with large wings that frightened the skittish mare.

Kiva shakily backs away from the brute, his bright golden eyes roaming the place curiously and not at all threatening. Still, his massive appearance was alarming to the tiny winged mare, making her heart beat wildly in her chest. Slowly, she drew up her tiny frame, determined not to look scared, purple eyes steeled against the fear that enveloped her. This stallion did not seem harmful, in fact quite friendly, and she knew that her own herd would love to accept him if he was looking for a place to stay. She opens her mouth then rapidly shuts it, not exactly knowing what to say, entranced by the thin white markings around his strange metallic eyes.

She fidgets and shifts her hooves, the movement sending shooting pains through them which she grits her teeth against. Her ears flick back nervously, wary of the sooty palomino, and reaching for something to say to him. How about your name, you stupid twit?, she chastises herself. Nodding inwardly, she thinks this is a good place to start, and suddenly the words are easy, and she opens her mouth to speak in her charming, melodic voice. “Hello there. I’m Kiva, the Dragon’s Throat herd Medic. What brings you to our lovely land?” There, she thinks. The words were not so hard after all. She just hopes they were the right ones.
Dicktay2000

Hidden Account
Epona

Softly approaching hoof-beats roused the stallion from his brief rest. Along the lake's edge came a petite, auburn mare. Another of his kind, though her soft, filmy wings were a stark contrast from his own plumage. As she moved closer, he could just make out the pale traces of scars decorating her bay pelt. Deep caramel ears tensed as he wondered what had caused them. The little doe certainly didn't look like much of a fighter. Her faded marks were not so unlike the ones scattered across his hide, though many of his were well warranted. All, in fact, except the deep crescent across his haunch.

Leander was far too busy studying the strange mare to offer her a greeting as she reached the tree. Without warning, the umber hued dame executed a startled leap and stepped away. A deep, warm laugh resonated from his golden chest. "I'm sorry, Miss. I thought you had already seen me." He hadn't laughed in some time, which is probably why he was laughing at such a silly thing. He calmed his chuckling and smiled at the mare as she spoke. Dragon's Throat. There must be a good reason for that name. The aureate stag mused. Still dawning a charming grin, he dipped his head respectfully at Kiva. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Kiva. I'm Leander." Pausing, he lifted his head back into its normal position. "I am in search of a herd to offer my allegiance and protection to. Unfortunately, I know little about this land. Would you be so kind as to tell me of the Dragon's Throat?" He gazed at her inquisitively with his ivory ringed eyes. His curious nature longed to ask the girl how she had gotten those scars, but he thought the better of it. It wouldn't be right to upset her with such a rude question. Silently, he hoped that her herd-mates weren't the cause. He would not stand to see an innocent mare harmed.

Kiva Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Oh, he wants to know about Dragon’s Throat. The golden stallion seems alright, at least not scary to the timid mare anymore. Her vivid purple eyes search his expression with paranoia, wondering if he actually s frightening, but she finds no evidence of malicious intent. Her withers relax ever so slightly, her hooves still dancing with unease. Her ears forever flick back and forth with nerves and eyes are wide with suspicion. There is no way she could ever trust again, not after her former herd mates had all turned to monsters before her eyes. She winces as a sharp image of her twin brother’s ravenous mug zooms into her mind’s eye. His mouth frothed and eyes whirled, intent on feasting and destroying her. Softly, she shakes her head, a near-silent whinny escaping her lips.

Still, the gilded stallion had asked her a question and is patiently waiting for his answer. She inwardly steadies her breathing, preparing to answer his question, preparing to be the medic she wants to be. “Dragon’s Throat is my herd. They took me in when I was young, saving me from the horror of my past. I cannot every fully repay Kri, our leader, for what she has done for me by allowing me to be a medic of this herd. We are all a family in the Throat, protecting our land together no matter the rank. We have open positions right now; our artisan Prometheus needs apprentices. Also, the positions of medic, soldier and informant are always open. You would be a wonderful addition to our herd, Leander.” She follows the stallion’s golden eyes, finds them glancing at the scars on her pelt. She knows he is wondering how they appeared, but she is not ready to share her history yet.

She looks kindly, shyly at the large winged stallion, hoping she has shown him her herd with enough dignity and pride; she hopes he considers joining the great ranks of the Throat.
Dicktay2000

Hidden Account
Epona

Gleaming golden pools reflected the flighty mare's image. Her nerves seemed to falter more and more as the moments passed. Leander watched with deepening concern. Not only for the safety of the frightened girl, but suspicion of the Throat itself tensed his brow. His ego was not quite large enough for him to just assume that he was the cause of Kiva's fearfulness. No; the map of scars across the doe were enough indication of something foul. Still, his lumbering presence probably wasn't helping the clearly troubled bay. Suddenly, a strange, weak sound emanated from the mare. He flinched at the noise, confused and unable to stay quiet any longer. "Please, don't be frightened. I will not hurt you. I promise." Sincere words echoed from his chest. Slowly, he moved towards Kiva with a lowered neck and submissive stance, not wanting to scare her anymore than she already was. His pinked muzzle carefully brushed the petite mare's shoulder in an effort to comfort her. Fervently, he hoped he wasn't doing more harm than good for the fae's nerves.

With open ears, Leander listed to Kiva's description of her herd, and her words of praise for the leader, Kri. He was surprised to find himself pleased that the Throat was ruled by a matriarch. He had often found mares to be more level-headed than stallions, yet he had never encountered a herd lead by a sole fem. His thoughtful gaze fell back to ebon locked girl, whose invitation into the Throat was in need of an answer. "I would be glad to provide the Throat with my allegiance as a Warrior for the time being, if you'll have me." The sooty stallion smiled at his own strangely assembled reply. He certainly had more than enough experience to be a warrior, but he would need to know who and what he would be fighting for. He would need to meet this Kri, and the others who called this place home.

((ooc: New table xD And I'm sorry for the delay!))