the Rift

Wounded Pride [Keahi, Questing]

Viserys Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

VISERYS

merely this and nothing more.

Servant. The word ricochets about in his mind like some maddening insect, stinging him with every step.

Servant.

Servant.

Servant.

The Sun Demon's words (Viserys refuses to think of that bastard as a 'god' anymore) still burn like the hottest flames, flames that he, Viserys should be wielding: "For one season you will become a servant to the unicorn mare Keahi."

And, oh, to add salt to this gaping wound, he has to search for this bitch in the Foothills, of all places. He can smell the scent of the mongrel herd already as he approaches the territory on quiet hooves. Crinkling his nostrils in disgust, he scans the area, searching for the mare in question. He has been given no description of her, but finding her shouldn't be too difficult: all he has to do is look for the ugly beast that was not there during his brief stay in the Foothills.

Before this season is done, it is SHE who will serve ME. I am a KING, Sun Demon be damned.

Keahi Posts: N/A
Unregistered
KEAHI
Die Sonne scheint mir aus den Händen, Kann verbrennen kann euch blenden

She returns to the Foothills, caught up in thoughts. Moments earlier, she stood face to face with the mightiest of gods, the Lord of Light. She had trembled in the presence of such immense power, but she had managed to put words to her innermost wishes, and He had put her to the test. Now, she must think about how to complete her mission with least risk on her own part. A sly smirk creeps slowly upon her velvet maw, at the thought of what she has been set to do. It is only right, she tells herself; she will repay Mauja for attacking her and show everyone that they must bow to the wrath of the Sun. If she succeeds, she will be rewarded manifold. The prospect of revenge is sweeter than she ever imagined.

Black cloven hooves step lively as she crosses the border, ebon hide shining like tar in the hot summer sun. Muscle and bone move fluently under thin skin, bones jutting out at every angle as she trots gracefully across the withering plain. Then she sees him, a white ghost, standing not far from the border. Something about him is out of place, though he carries some of the same smell that seems to ooze out of these lands. Slowing to a walk, she strides up to him, flicking her leonine tail across her haunches. Emerald optics move across his body; he is beautiful, a little too much so, almost feminine in his appearance. He is a proud creature, she can tell, smirking alluringly before speaking. "You are out of place. Tell me why," she demands in her melodic voice, amber-flecks reflecting the light from the depth of her gaze.

Taking a step closer, she nips at his silken mane. "What an expensive coat, such pristine locks. A prince, no doubt. But not of these lands," she deducts carefully, studying his behavior and response closely. "You seek something. Someone, I believe. Tell me who," she sings breathily, moving around him slowly in a half circle to his other side. The soft smile on her lips remains, but her words are demands rather than questions, as she has of habit.

Unregistered

VISERYS

Seemingly out of nowhere, a black scrawny beast passes before him like a shadow. For a moment Viserys cringes in fear, before he realizes that it is only a filthy wild mare, not some great beast. Could this be...Keahi? His distaste and confusion are written all over his face.

Then, she speaks. Her voice inexplicably sends a shiver down his spine and makes his flesh crawl - literally crawl, as if it is trying to squirm off of his body. It is an unnerving but not entirely unpleasant sensation. Almost...sensual.

Then, stunning him from his inward-turning reverie, the unthinkable happens: the ugly bitch nips him! He squeals indignantly and runs backward a few steps, whites of his eyes showing, neck muscles flexing, throwing his head up in a haughty gesture of disgust. "Don't you dare-" he begins to yell, but he is quickly cut off by her smooth, blithe voice.

Prince, she says, and Viserys is once again stunned silent, forced to back up and reassess the bitch - she is certainly perceptive, though she underestimates him - he is not a Prince but a King. No matter, she will learn in time. She will also learn to keep her disgusting, yellow teeth off of my 'pristine locks'.

The bitch is full of surprises. Just when he is about to begin a lofty speech about his monarchy, she demands - not asks, demands - to know why he is here.

And then Viserys remembers what he had, in the charged moments of their meeting, forgotten. Servant, servant, servant.

Viserys draws himself up to his full height, which is admittedly not very tall. His expression is fierce, his nostrils flared in defiance. "First of all," he says in a voice that is both cold as ice and hot as fire, "Never...ever presume to touch me again. I am not only a Prince, as you assume, but a King! Before you stands the rightful ruler of Valyria, King Viserys. Because I am a gracious King, I will give you the answer you so insolently demand. I am seeking a mare named Keahi." The look on her face tells him that his gut feeling was right and this is indeed Keahi standing before him now. His heart sinks. "I was sent by the creature who calls himself God of the Sun." He refuses to go into any more detail than that until he was sure that the black beast is indeed the Keahi he seeks.

"Talk talk talk."

Unregistered
KEAHI

His reaction at once surprises and amuses her. A chiming laugh escapes her velvet kissers, drifting softly through the air, caressing the lobes of the pale steed. He looks frightened at first; she towers a good hand above him, but her lack of body fat makes her look scrawny next to his well-fed dappled figure. Her influence works its charm on him, as it does any other stallion, but when she reaches out to touch him, he squirms out of reach. Obviously, he thinks very highly of himself. Keahi is wary of him suddenly; is this a trap? Is it that Mauja character, trying to make a fool out of her?

When he speaks again, she is reassured; he is too pompous, too selfish to be a decoy. This stallion is only out to make a fool of one person, and that is himself. A slightly condescending smirk drapes itself across her face, cocking one backhoof onto its tip; she watches his antics with slight boredom in her eyes. Valyria? She’d never heard of it, but she is satisfied with guessing that he is indeed some sort of royalty. With his head in the clouds, it seems. As he speaks her name, her lobes betray her by perking forward sharply; where’d he get her name from? Body at once becomes tense, muscles flexing under her black hide. No one in these lands knew her true calling, she is certain of it, for she has told no one. Her surprise is not lessened when the mention of her Godly Father comes up. Is this some sort of test that she needs to pass? Confusion is apparent on her face for a brief instant, yet she gathers herself quickly and withdraws behind her cool façade.

You stand in front of her. Now you speak your errand,” she demands, one eyebrow raised slightly. “I wonder why the Lord of Light would send me a real king,” she chimes teasingly, smiling at him like a hungry cat to a mouse.

Unregistered

VISERYS

Oh, hell.
Just as Viserys had suspected, the she-devil standing before him is Keahi, the one he must serve. He, King Viserys, must serve this scrawny black bitch with such a condescending tone...for a prideful being such as him, it is almost too much to be borne.

The 'Lord of Light' sent you a real king because he is a bloody fool who does not deserve the title you bestow upon him, Viserys thinks but does not dare to say. She asks him of his purpose and Vis winces, knowing that his own personal hell is just beginning.

Servant, servant, servant...FUCK.

"I..." he begins, voice weaker than he intended. He clears his throat and starts again."For reasons utterly unknown to me, I have been sent to...to-serve-you." The last three words come out in a quick, forced mutter through clenched teeth. The King of Valyria has his dainty ears pressed back tight against his skull and his tail swishes with irritation.

I would have been better off staying in Valyria in the hands of the Usurpers.

Unregistered
KEAHI

A servant? Delicate lobes flicker, a slight frown appearing on her brow. The Lord had mentioned nothing of a servant; but of course he does not need to explain his ways to mortals. Emerald pools look into his purple ones, and she sees the internal fight that he is going through. From the way he acts, she can tell that he is a very arrogant creature with much pride within him. It must’ve been hard to come here, to submit himself to her like he does. But then, her eyes squint again, leonine tail swishing slowly behind her. He does not just come here for no purpose, and the Lord of Light would certainly not just appoint random equines to do his bidding. What would he need that for, pathetic mortals, when he is almighty? “There is something you are not telling me, Viserys. Now, I demand to know what you get out of this,” she spoke, her lusty tones turning stingy and cold.

Keahi tries to view the prospects of this in her head, that she has complete power over this pale wisp of a stallion, and that he must obey her words. Power is something that becomes her well; a smile is dragged across her soft lips, and she realizes now that it is the perfect time. She can use this to her favor in the task that has been set before her. “Listen now. I have been set on a mission from the Lord of Light. It is his order that I must burn the World’s Edge, and you will help me in this quest,” she says, looking at him to make sure he understands. “It has not yet been determined how the mechanics of this attack will work out, but we must go by new moon, as to stir the least attention. Your task will be to scout for foes and to fight alongside me, should we be met by an angry horde,” she explains, her voice smooth and confident, as if she has just described a walk in the park.

There will be pain, and there will be bloodspill, but it is not up for discussion. You must obey my every command as it is crucial to our success. Also, you must refrain from calling me by my birthname. If anything, Skækja will suffice,” she demanded, chosing the name Mauja had given her in spite. It was not in her plan to have her real name known; without a name, you could be anyone you ever wanted. Keahi likes that option, and she will keep it that way for as long as possible.