the Rift

I have returned, bruised but not broken [open]
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
For a fleeting moment, Mauja thought that it was, perhaps, the first time he'd ever heard Cineviam call anyone sir. It sounded foreign on the beast's tongue, a courtesy he'd not expected him capable of - but then again, why not? Cineviam was not a stupid stallion by a long shot, so eloquent speech was hardly beyond him, but to Mauja, the term sir was one of respect, and what reason did he have to extend such courtesy to Zar'roc? For a moment, the King's eyes rested upon his herd brother, but there was nothing untoward there, nor did his ashes swirl as they sometimes did. Whatever that magic was good for, Mauja certainly had no idea. He let it slide off with a small shrug, though, and returned his attention to the newcomer, curious as to what he'd have to say in response to Cine's questions. The King's ears turned forward, and his eyes grew sharp and curious as Zar'roc admitted to owning magic.

He watched the beast's face first, uncertain of what was to come - roaring winds and hellhounds, earthquakes, torment, euphoria? What had Cineviam incited the stranger to do - murder them all? It was a possibility at least, but Mauja said nothing, did nothing, merely watched as Zar'roc's red eyes took on an unnatural glow. Whatever came, he'd deal with it, even if he had to fell the magic-maker with a blow. In his chest, his heart sped up, and his senses sharpened with the adrenaline pouring into his blood. Better be prepared than caught unawares.

Smoke curled from the earth just in front of the stallion's hooves, rising as the ground heated up and... melted? It shimmered, near liquid, its edges tinged with the hottest of red and orange, before slowly rising from the ground. A thin trunk, glowing with the heat of the substance, spiraled upwards, small branches shooting out and growing leaves. With a quick, wary glance at the surroundings, in case some glass behemoth waited there, ready to pounce, Mauja lowered his head, muzzle brushing across the cool ground and coming near the glass sapling. Its growth had stopped, and the breeze slowly hardened the structure and caused its dim red glow to cease, leaving it transparent like the finest, thinnest ice - yet it was sturdier, unless struck by an unlucky blow. Unbidden, the memory of Coris came to him, and how he'd told the leatherworker of the offensive abilities of glass. And now, they had the ability to have two glass workers. A pleased smile curved Mauja's lips, and he hoisted his regal head up high again, nodding slightly. Zar'roc seemed modest enough, or at least aware of the negative effect of boasting, but he was willing... And who was he to deny such a creature entrance into his herd of lunatics and misfits? The smile curved upwards into a lopsided little grin. "Charming, indeed. Have you practiced this craft in more, ah, offensive ways as well?" Running on glass shards was what he'd used as an example to Coris. "And I'll make sure to find you a sparring partner. But, there is one thing..."

Mauja's voice lowered, and his gaze turned to Cineviam, motioning him closer. This was relevant - important - to the cinderbeast as well, and he had been excluded long enough from the brotherhood. "There exists a thing of darkness here - a brotherhood of sorts, with a less than pleasant goal for the lesser races. Is this something of interest to such gentlemen as the pair of you..?" Voice a conspiratorial murmur, his gaze skipped from one red-eyed beast to the other, trying to gauge their reaction. Zar'roc was new, but sometimes Mauja found that he had to make leaps of faith - this was such a time, and should Zar'roc fail to uphold his racism, he would be dealt with later. But for now... well, they definitely needed to get things going. Helovia had been left unplagued for far too long.
night-fate-stock -- dreamofsandman -- deirdre-T -- deviantart.com // i-mi.deviantart.com
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
RE: I have returned, bruised but not broken [open] - by Cineviam - 07-25-2012, 08:14 PM
RE: I have returned, bruised but not broken [open] - by Cineviam - 07-30-2012, 11:45 PM
RE: I have returned, bruised but not broken [open] - by Cineviam - 08-07-2012, 11:42 PM
RE: I have returned, bruised but not broken [open] - by Cineviam - 08-15-2012, 09:21 AM
RE: I have returned, bruised but not broken [open] - by Mauja - 08-17-2012, 06:49 AM
RE: I have returned, bruised but not broken [open] - by Cineviam - 08-29-2012, 04:18 PM