the Rift

[PRIVATE] Louder Than Words [Israfel]

Israfel Posts: 54
Hidden Account
Filly :: Tribrid :: 16.1 hands :: 2 Years
Sparrow
Israfel Azardokht
It was Frostfall now, much to my chagrin. My steps were light as I came to a landing in a radiant spray of snow, the frozen crystals disturbed and kicked up into a swirling cataclysm by the wind currents from my beating wings. Each golden-hued appendage battled the air, my legs splayed out to muster a semi-graceful landing in the snow. Front hooves first I landed, then my two back legs, each golden-clad hoof finding solid purchase in the snow. The snow settled after my landing, falling once more onto my back and sending shivers down my lanky frame.

"Oh... How I hate the snow," I muttered bitterly, crisp vermillion eyes narrowing at the powdery white that hid my hooves. A Sun-Child I was, snow and the general cold was something I disliked. If I could have it my way, I would have lazed by the roaring bonfires of the Edge day in and day out, but... Alas, I was still but a child, and boredom quickly set in.

In turn, to sate my boredom, I had left the warm confines of the Edge's bonfires and took to the skies, pleased for the clear weather that I could spread my wings and fly. A guilty pleasure, flying was, and one that I took advantage of whenever I could make the time. Needless to say, as of late with the falling snow and the frigid winter winds, my time in the sky was less than I liked. Still, mustering up my pride, and courage, I left the boundaries of the Edge in search for adventure.

My wings took me to the one place where I felt closest to the heavens; the Heavenly Field. Sometimes when I suck out solace, I would return to the Veins to be close to my father's shrine... But since my rather horrific encounter with the God of the Spark, my visits to the molten palace had been nonexistant. It wasn't that I was afraid to return, no... Perhaps it was simply because I was too ashamed of myself to do so. A self-centered, naive child I had been when I walked into the Veins that day, but I had left a woman. The lessons that the God of the Spark had shown me, while somewhat extreme, had done their job.

Since then, I had matured greatly, with much help from my mother. Still... No matter how much I had changed or matured mentally, I was still but a yearling, and I still had that child-like yearning for adventure. That was what had brought me here, to the Heavenly Fields.

Tucking my wings close to my barrel, both to keep them from my way and help keep me warm, I allowed myself to relax. Heaving out a breath, I tossed my head, the strands from my mane flowing and curling elegantly upon my neck. The red flowers tied there shone in the afternoon sunlight, and as my eyes surveyed my surroundings, I was somewhat taken aback to realize that I was not alone. A figure of darkness incarnate stood in the distance, seeming to not notice my presence... I chuckled to myself. Perhaps my landing had been more graceful than I had originally thought, as not to attract this stranger's attention.

Still, as I gazed at the ebonite male I couldn't help but feel as though we had crossed paths once before. His black bodice and wings looked terribly familiar, and that horn... Had we? A frown pulled at my lips as I fought with my memories, and almost hesitantly I closed the distance between us. Each of my legs lifted high over the snow with every step I took, wings shuffling upon my sides, and I must have looked an awkward sight trying to avoid the snow as I walked.

"Excuse me...?" I called out to him once I was closer, my pink nose stretched outwards, vermillions depths peering closely at his dark body, "... We have met, haven't we? I'm Israfel."

[ooc: First person practice.]

slime-stock.deviantart.com | AlzirrSwanheartStock.deviantart.com | foureyestock.deviantart.com | LucieG-stock.deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
Louder Than Words [Israfel] - by Mesec - 06-12-2013, 08:56 PM
RE: Louder Than Words [Israfel] - by Israfel - 06-13-2013, 09:12 PM
RE: Louder Than Words [Israfel] - by Mesec - 06-16-2013, 09:30 PM