the Rift

take me home. [any herd]

Hestia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

HESTIA the fierce
Born of sweetness, turned sour, ventured neutral.

Coming to Helovia was an easy task. Extmae lay close, but the Underworld closer. One would say I took a few steps and had gotten here. Somewhere along the way I'd met a sweet sweet animal. I killed it, but that's not the point. My point is that that sweet deer lamb showed me the path here. Which indeed wasn't all too long. It was pleasant for the most part, but the frigid winter air had taken a toll on the pleasant factor. The travel was short, that was the main point.

I knew this was Helovia, so I didn't need to be told I was here. Basically I wanted a horse to take me to a herd so I could continue to excersized my skills. Where really didn't matter as long as there were warriors and a general or some sort of high warrior rank I could train with. I definitely couldn't go somewhere with an abundance of stallions, for I hate love and being near it. With love always comes heartbreak and surrendering. Also, with love, comes death. What happens when your gaurd is down and a horse strikes at you? Helplessly you must surrender.

-_*_-_*_-_*_-

In the deep and dark forest,
stands something cold.
Limbs of steal,
eyes of endlessness,
and hopes of WAR.

The mare that stand in the forest is Hestia. Hestia is a strong-willed mare, with a lust for war and battle. She is trained well, yet still needs practice. She looks for a home to settle down in and train. The bonds of love will never caress her, and neither will defeat. Her body is of dusty sand and her eyes lay a crimson color. Her wings extended up, displaying their scattered red feathers. Hestia, as you may have already noticed, pretty much emotionless. She thrives in no emotional zones.

Can anyone offer this to her?

Tonka Posts: 87
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18 hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Sky

A proud dark bay stallion trotted alone in the deep forests. His crown pointed upwards, and a dignified look in his handsome navy blue eyes. He had come here to find a new member to help his small band rise to the top. But not any random horse would do, he needed strong horses to aid him in his hunger for victory. That was his main goal right now, other than trying to keep his closely knit family together and safe. He only had one that had strayed too far and found her way caught in the hooves of the Edge. She was his main recruiter, and without her he knew that less and less horses would be aware of their presence, and their family would end up breaking apart. He needed another to help not only help him with recruiting, but help with fighting and teaching. Someone walk around with pride and dignity that the rest of his band had.

Just his luck... There was another presence lurking around in this cold winter day. Her scent waved through the air like a bee buzzing from flower to flower. The massive brute shook his golden streaked mane before walking off in her direction. She was a fierce looking creature. Her crimson eyes looked blood thirsty and seemed to have a pure warrior at heart. Her sandy body when perfectly with her blood dipped wings. The brute smiled. Although she was small (very small infact) she looked like she would make a great member. A sly grin crossed his face, but as he got closer to her, he forced it into a ‘happy’ looking expression. The cool winds blew against him sending his mane back, revealing his strange golden lightning bolt that marked his left shoulder.

He was now in front of her, his head tipped down to caught the glance of her grim red eyes. He closed his eyes. A sigh arose from his throat, white puffs streaming from his nostrils. He opened his eyes, looking again straight into her eyes. “Hello there. I am Tonka, leader of the small band who fights for law and justice, the Assassins. We intend on taking over a herdland of our own once our numbers rise.” He paused, taking in another breath of air, but this time takes note on her scent. He tried his hardest to keep his fake happiness look real. “Who are you? You do not smell like the lands I have come to call home.”

[[OCC:: Hope you don't mind me coming along. If you would like me to delect then I will ;)]]

Credits!

Unregistered

HESTIA the fierce

Not long did I have to wait. A stallion came to sway me to his herd. He didn't smell like the horses I'd smelt come in here. "Who are you? Do you have a herd I can join an train in, stallion?" I liked the way my voice sounded. All brawny and thick. I wasn't just going to give my name out like tickets. No, no, no, he'd earn my name. I'd need all the information laid out before he learns anything of me. No way was I going to sell myself prisoner from a herd I didn't know.

I didn't know much about this stallion. He was more or less oddly colored. He is large, built, and well... huge! I was shrunken next to the large stallion. I merely stood in his shadow. I wasn't worried though. I knew a horse didn't have to be tall like that to be a warrior. He was a plain and simple bay Andalusian or Friesian built horse. He moved around as if he wanted me to see a weird Z shaped marking. I didn't care about appearances. If he was showing off, he might as well leave now. His mane is dual colored. It has stripes of black and a golden color. He has white above his hooves yet it ended around his hocks. He had large and round hooves that could kill a foal in one strike. That was pretty awesome. He also has a large knife on his forehead. Yes, I referred to it as a knife.

-_*_-_*_-_*_-

The Hobbit was joined,
by the ogre himself.
Gifting information,
in the wild and feral forest.

So here was Hestia finding information about Tonka and the Assassins, but truth be told, Hestia hasn't found anything that draws her closer to them. She'd been hoping for an established herd, but maybe the Assassins would be OK. Though she has a sneaky suspicion someone else will join them.

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Mauja the Frostheart
I'll Never See Any Side Of Heaven
Some days he wondered what would happen if he claimed the Threshold – if he resolutely chased everyone out, gathered his followers and patrolled it like it was his home. Could he patrol it day and night, call himself the King of the Threshold, and regulate who – or what – entered Helovia? Half the Plague here, half in the north, and they had every entrance but the ocean covered.

He had a feeling the Gods wouldn't approve, though, but when he ceaselessly wove through the trees, always on the prowl, he liked to toy with the idea. He'd certainly be getting the first pick of anything that came through that way, and if they could cut off the supply of new blood for other herds...

.. shut up, Mauja, you're here for other herds.

A sigh smoked out of his black nostrils, and he lowered his head in defeat. It was a grand plan, a good idea, but did his men have the guts to keep it up? And the Pegasus would remain, they would simply fly over their heads, and.. some days, he thought it would be neat to have wings, and run hell-out for their dominance, but he doubted wings were as efficient in killing as horns. And so, he stuck to his race, clinging doggedly to old beliefs like a stubborn tick.

But still, he recruited Pegasi. There was something ironic to it, and a churlish voice drifted into his ears – someone wanting a herd to train in, obviously talking to someone. Mauja forced himself through the underbrush, wound between a few trees and found them, face to face. One dark, sandy mare, with elegant wings along her sides. The other was tall, taller even than Mauja, a rich near-black bay with a golden shoulder mark and a horn. Mauja was fairly sure he'd never met the stallion, and decided to keep his own name to himself. A hit and run for the Throat. "You could come south," he suggested as he stepped up through the snow-drifts to them – too at ease in this cold to belong on the red sands. "To the Dragon's Throat; a strong herd of warriors, led by the fierce fighter, Kri the Resolute."

He delivered it all with a straight face, that glint in his eyes, but under the surface he was grimacing. He'd never thought the day he'd recruit in her name, or praise her to strangers, would come.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Hidden Account
Sky

Her voice was as cold as the winter day itself. She asked him who he was and if he had a home to offer her. Didn’t he just say that? Tonka hated to repeat himself, but I guess he would. He would do anything to recruit a new member into his small band. He needed to, that’s if he ever wanted the Assassins to grow stronger and in larger numbers. “I am the proud leader of the small band the Assassins, as I have said before. And I do not have a herd, but a small band. In the future, we do hope to conquer a herdland of our own. We can help you with you wish of training though.” His voice was neither exited or monotone, but normal I guess. He hoped that would be enough to make this girl content. He could not tell her his full plans until she agreed to join him.

The presence of another was soon upon them. He was a tall one, but not as tall as Tonka. His base was white with black dapples, like coal dropped on a fresh blanket of snow. His eyes were cool blue and he wore a straight face. He talked about a place called the Dragon’s Throat. He had heard of that place before. If he remembered correctly, it was wonderland to some. But to him it just sounded like a hell-hole. This horse did not smell of sand, but of a snowy heaven. Why would he be advertising for a different herd? Well, for all he knew they could be allies. He just hoped that this mare would deny this black speckled stallion’s request and follow him back to his home.

[[OCC:: Sort post is short and sucky… ]]]

Credits!

Unregistered

HESTIA the fierce

Not long after I spoke, a frosty white stallion came. He was quite fit, but my gaurd never lowered. "Tell me, does this Kree person lead a herd of trained warriors? I do not care if she is a warrior herself. As for the Assassins... I have indeed found interesting so far. Yet, you are not established. Tell me, Tonka, what do you mean by 'small' band?" Still, my name managed to stay hidden. I leaned more to Kree's herd. It's good points were basically, it was established, and had appealed more to me. Dragons throat... The name sounded fierce. The Assissins seemed newer, though it seemed they had a good base. I guess I'd just merely choose. "White stallion, do you come from Kri's herd?" I asked seriously. I must know. I wouldn't twiddle off to a fake herd.

I seemed to not have made my choice. When it'd come down to it, I'd merely, follow one of them. There was no farther negotiation. They'd answer my question and I'd choose one. Both would give me a great chance to improve my skills and overall, become better.

-_*_-_*_-_*_-

Decisions, Decisions.
So many are hard decisions.
Yet, some are easy.
I have made my decision.
Have you?

Hestia never ever over-thinks things. She has made her decision, but she'll wait for their answers. Surprisingly, one stallion would be let down, but one won't. It seemed Earth screeched it's mighty approval with small thin lightning bolt than a large crack of thunder that shook the ground. Hestia didn't budge. Her frame stayed still and her head proud. She was a mare that may have no fear.

Sadly, one of these horses would never know the true raw power behind Hestia's camouflage skins.

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frostheart
The sandy mare would at least be well camouflaged in the Throat, if anything. Still, it felt strange, wrong in all levels, to bolster their numbers, but he did what he had to – another kind of sacrifice, for a different kind of victory. She seemed intent on living with trained warriors, whatever the term meant to her, and she delivered a question to the other stallion as well, dropping both his name and that of his organization. Tonka, of the Assassins. He'd heard of them in passing, some half-made report from Psyche, but they'd gone under the radar so far, at least where Mauja was concerned. Perhaps one day they would become a threat, but for now, they probably weren't, as the mare called them 'small', something Tonka had obviously told her. Well, then. Time enough to deal with it. It wouldn't surprise him if someone in the Basin already kept tabs on them.

And then came a question he hadn't expected. "White stallion, do you come from Kri's herd?" Some part of him wanted to bite back sarcastically, and ask her what sort of idiot recruited for someone else, but he doubted that getting on her bad side was going to increase his chances. And so, he simply snorted and gave her Dreven's best lopsided grin. "I do," he simply said, wondering if it'd surprise her, or whyever else she had felt the need to ask. Had she asked this Tonka to state it in no uncertain terms that he was an assassin, or was this some kind of 'special treatment'? He didn't know what to think about it, and decided to not give her the opportunity to ask more about him, because frankly, he wasn't too keen on answering. Until he knew more about Tonka, he'd keep his secrets close, and the lies even closer.

Instead, he had to rack up what he knew of the Throat, and its members. Azzuen, he was a warrior, and Midas seemed one, too. Kri had brought along reinforcements to the battle in the Foothills, and none had seemed particularly clumsy. "But yes, the Throat has several trained warriors," he said, silently adding myself included. "And others in training," he added for good measure, because a herd that thrived on a single generation was a dying herd. Onni, and Cassiopeia, were no warriors, but they had a function all the same, of that he was certain (even if it was just to keep the general happy).

Hidden Account
Sky

Tonka was unsure of the stallion. He was not sure if this one was worthy of his trust, not that he would just give it to him anyway. On the other hand, the sandy bodied Pegasus looked trust worthy, even if she did seem to have a hard shell. He did too, but did not share to show it when in the Threshold, for it was no way to attract new members. He had failed once at trying to get a new member, making it way too obvious that he was faking the happiness, and he would never do that again. He hoped that this mare would not go off with the dappled steed. If she did, all of his hard work on being ‘kind’ would be washed down the drain.

Soon, the dusty mare spoke she voice still had its cold ring to it. “As for the Assassins... I have indeed found interesting so far. Yet, you are not established. Tell me, Tonka, what do you mean by 'small' band?" She asked him. That was an easy answer. They were new to the world and did not have a lot of members, but with time Tonka knew he would gain more members. “We are a new band, and therefore do not have a lot of members. There are about six who have chosen to come with me. One of which is stolen by the Edge.” His voice had its slightly rough tone to it, but had a bit of a gentle sound to it.

He waited for her reply. His heart was beating faster and faster by the second to find out her answer. He was hoping that she would follow him. He knew that she would probably follow the white bastard who was part of an established her though. He did not get his hopes up for her. The chocolate brute glanced over at the speckled stallion. There was a confused sort of look in his eyes. He was still very wary about him. Was this stallion the one he claimed to be? He glanced over back to the sandy colored mare. His eyes full of hope, though he was ready for his hopes to die.

Credits!

Unregistered

HESTIA the fierce

So I had no trouble choosing really. I guess it was interesting watching their curiosity kill them, well at least Tonka's curiosity. All in all, I saw a clear choice. I also saw honesty in dear Tonka's eyes. To be honest though, it freaked me out he wasn't in an established herd. "Dough boy, you failed to give me much information, and it shows you lack a social... Anything. Though you came from an actual herd and not a small group." I think I had a tendency to prolong things. This, I had to admit, was an exception. This decision would impact my life for the rest the time I had here.

I was a nomadic creature. Short and stout I went to many places. I didn't know if I'd stay here until death, or if I'd disappear in a week. Though for a fact, when I was here, I was a trustworthy gal. Like a sacred and cherished diary, I kept many secrets I'd never tell. I knew, as every horse, I had baggage. No, I didn't have a suitcase, but instead a quirk of mine. No horse will ever get to know me. My name hadn't even been said. I trusted horses, yes, but I never gave information out to easily. I guess it was a safety measure.

-_*_-_*_-_*_-

Have I made a mistake in the ebony green forest?
Maybe not!
Mistakes are common...
I have made my mistake?
Have you made yours?

So Hestia had chosen, and now it's time to reveal her answer.

"Tonka, my name is Hestia. I would like to join you band, if you'll allow me.

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frostheart
So the Assassins' were a nuisance to the Edge, if Tonka's words were anything to go by. Not that he particularly cared – that which bothered the Edge was alright in his eyes, at least for now, though he doubted they'd get much done. Six against a herd the size of Mirage's? Like a brook trying to grind down a mountain. Perhaps if they were persistent enough, but he doubted it would yield much results. Mauja's cool, guarded eyes slid off Tonka's face and returned to the sandy mare in question, who first seemed to call him something he couldn't quite decide what it was supposed to mean, and then.. he wasn't sure what that was supposed to mean, either. An insult? A statement? Whatever it was, he didn't quite agree, and with the tension running so high in his blood already, it soured his mood. Mauja had been rejected several times in the Threshold, and normally didn't care, even if they flung harsh words at him, but as it was, he felt something tighten inside.. something that was cold and dark and angry.

His blood pulsed, throbbing through his veins, the latent power growing colder, coming closer; Mauja's eyes grew cold and sharp, head coming up a little higher as his posture tightened.. and he let his focus fall on her, pinning her with his stare. "Hestia," he said, his voice smooth and cool, icy water and cold marble. "Perhaps you should ask your questions better, if you do not like the answers you are given, rather than blame others." He had told her the herd's name, location, and leader, and he had answered her question. And in that moment, he decided they were better off without her; she could go with the Assassins, and she would fall with them. He did not care.

Hidden Account
Sky

Tonka could barely handle it. He hated waited for one to answer. His heart beat fast, and he began to wonder why he was so curious to she hear her answer. Perhaps it was because he needed more members and she looked like a fair warrior, and that's just what the Assassins needed. The dark brute then saw the sandy mare's jaw open, though the words were not directed towards him. He was, in a way, pleased with the words she spoke. The stallion had failed in her eyes, but she said nothing about Tonka doing something wrong. A sort of happy smile broke out on his face.

She then spoke again, this time revealing her name. She also revealed her chose. It was to follow the dark brute. He nodded his head, "I would be more than delighted for you to come with me." The massive brute then glanced over to the white one that never told his name. He could sense anger rising in him, judging on the way he spoke. He looked at him in a kind of confused way. Why was he so mad? Hestia had not said anything that rude to him. It just seemed that some horses were just too easy to set off, not that Tonka was any better though.

"Hestia, I think the best idea right now is to leave. I do not feel like watching a spar today. Come, follow me." His voice was calm and had a bit of sarcasm to it. He turned his body in the direction of the Frozen Arch. "I hope you don't mind cold weather." he said, warning her on the conditions that lay ahead. He walked off, glancing behind only once to make sure that the dusty colored mare, Hestia, was following him.

((Short, crappy post... If you want me to set up a thread in the Frozen Arch I would be happy to :D))

Credits!

[/color]

Unregistered
[quote='Hestia' pid='55347' dateline='1371790824']

HESTIA the fierce

Tonka didn't want to watch a spar today? Well, fuck that. If he was a true leader he'd feel like participating in a spar right now, today. I guess he was so eager to take me home. So eager, it nearly made me cock and eyebrow. Was he scared I'd leave his group? Well, I'd need to see him battle, to settle my own tension. If we lose, so what? There guards would be down, and they'd think we were no match. If I had anything to do with it, every horse in his group would train in whatever they wanted, but also they would train in battle. If needed, I will challenge each and everyone of them, move up in the ranks, then boss them around again.

I knew we still didn't stand a chance. It was time the Assassins started going to each and every horse in the threshold. If they dared to kick me out for bossing them around, I'd join a herd. Was this plan simple? Fairly simple, indeed. "Tonka, it'll be a training spar.. if no one dies." I whisper so quietly it was probable Tonka might not have heard me.

-_*_-_*_-_*_-

Let's play TRUTH or DARE.
Are you wimpy enough to decline?
I dare you to fight.
We are horses.
We were born to fight.

Her velveteen lips curled into a smile as she looked over at the direction Dough Boy was standing. She was blood thirsty and power crazy. Here's the thing about Hestia. Hestia is agile like a quick little fox, Hestia can fly, but she can also dodge, duck, dip, and dive. Hestia had a close friendship, one might say, with the art of war.

"Dough Boy is nothing to fear anyways." She retorted and tossed her head. Her grin had faded to her neutral expression. She was fully ready for this spar. Tonka, however, needed to also bug Dough Boy, or else he wouldn't be provoked enough.

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frostheart
They played it like a beautiful game, and he loathed them for having him dancing to their tune – hated them, for robbing him of his control and reducing him to nothing but a base, feral creature. The anger in his blood would not be denied, it broke down the barriers and dark rage drowned his pale eyes. "I do not feel like watching a spar today." The pacifying statement was lost on Mauja, his mind snarling that it wouldn't be a spar if I gutted you, and without even thinking about it, he jerked a step closer, the carpet of dead leaves rustling under the snow as he stepped on it. Come back, he wanted to snarl at the retreating Assassin leader, but no words left his mouth. His jaws felt cold, locked together, and as if through a haze he realized that they were clenched tightly together, painfully so. Every emotion was on display, parading across his normally serene features; it made his skin crawl. This wasn't who he was. It would only give them the satisfaction of knowing that they'd riled him up. Take a breath, close your eyes, and walk away. That would be the best. Forget about this whole instance, curl up in a dark corner somewhere and whimper and wonder where your control went.

"Dough Boy is nothing to fear anyways."
I'll show you fear.

It wasn't a conscious thought. It wasn't even a decision.
It just happened.

Somewhere, his fury peaked, and the cold flood of power rushed through his mind, obliterating sanity and releasing in a breath-taking climax that darkened his vision. A split second's warning was all she got, four tips of ice breaking through the snow's crust and slamming into the sky, easily surpassing her in height. One, below her head, two beneath her center, and a fourth by her hind legs, a deadly pattern wanting to split her skin and spill her hot blood on the cold, hungry ice.

[ Thank you for putting up with waiting, etc. <3 Setting up the continuation thread in a moment...! ]
Edit: here you go!
Credits