the Rift

Coming in through an open window. [APOLLO && OPEN]

Panzram Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

PANZRAM

Almost immediately after falling into place beside the black and white paint, Apollo, a most pleasuring sensation overcame all of the droopy weariness that had been dragging him down throughout most the night and lifted up the great tiredness from his heavily weighted limbs. Life in the Foothills, life with the Grey... how wondrous Panzram's futuristic visions seemed. Sure it was somewhat childish to imagine things that have yet to and very well might not happen, but there was just this feeling of simple excitement that could not be ignored. Even with all the snow lying about, it wasn't really hard to picture what this land looked like in all it's glory. 

Birdsong was just about here, and then he'd get to see just how accurate his envisionings truly were. As for right now though, things couldn't be more tantalizing than the way that the arising sun's spreading light set the whiteness of the ground ablaze with various fiery colors. 

Nearly the whole way up here, Panzram and Apollo conversed. Not just about one noncreative thing either, the two were quite inventive about their topics, but what else would one suspect from equally minded beings of talkative qualities. At one point or another, a random thought led the gold dusted stallion back to the Threshold where he had stated clearly that he would be no soldier of war, but would still enjoy a life of helpfulness to the Grey rather than being some common citizen. It was that thought that again shot back into his mind as he and Apollo stood their looking on from a rocky knoll down at the sun blasted fields of the Foothills. "Do you think it'd be to much trouble to ask about being an Earth Medic? I think I might like being a healer..." It was rather funny how certain pictures can bring about the strangest of things to mind. In this very situation or moment if you'd rather, it wasn't just a question and it wasn't just a thing to pass more time by asking, it was real and it felt right. 

Realer than any of his imaginary thoughts about the future, and righter than the feeling of being somewhere he belonged.  

"There's really no way of knowing if I'll be any good, but if you'll teach me, I'd like to try." Panzram, for the first time since they'd set foot upon the knoll of which they still stood, pulled his vision away from the setting in front of him and placed it onto Apollo. Even though both of them had only just met a couple of hours ago, it seemed to feel as if they'd been friends for much longer than that. In all honesty, he actually felt a tad foolish for thinking such a thing as this. Apollo probably saw and helped many other new comers to Helovia, how could he be any different than the last and with all the duties he probably has to fulfill on a daily bases how would he ever have enough time to teach him all the things that he knew about healing. Panzram wouldn't dare blame him though if he couldn't, but somewhere inside himself someone was shouting out to the heavens that they (well he) would save lives, no matter what he'd have to do in order to learn.

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
The journey from Helovia's Threshold to the Windtossed Foothills wasn't a terribly long one. It was one of the great things about living where they did, up in the mountainous heavens, where little could bother them. The path home was a steady incline, but Apollo was hesitant to move too fast, and so kept their pace at a steady, almost leisurely walk. Surely Panzram was tired from his journey, and the last thing that the monochromatic overo wished to do was exhaust his newfound friend even further. In a dark place of the stallion's mind, Apollo was glad that Panzram returned home with him and not back to the Throat with Hector. Perhaps Panzram could be a true friend... And for the Earth Medic, those were few and far between.

The Grey were his family, yes, and he would die for them... But there were few in that family that Apollo truly considered a 'friend'. Midas was his friend, but Midas wasn't apart of the Foothills. An honorary member, perhaps, being as he was mated to Ktulu...

Giving his head a rather brutal shake, unaware that he had even wandered off into the depths of his own mind, Apollo's gaze sought out Panzram's once more. He smiled kindly to his new friend, soulful eyes warm and inviting. They were two peas in a pod; two indivuduals who wanted so badly to make a difference in the only way that they knew how; by peace. A family of mercenaries they might have been woven into, but there was so much more to the Grey than bloodshed and brutality. Of course, one had to be apart of their numbers to understand that.

At Panzram's honest, and somewhat shy inquiry, Apollo chuckled and reached out with his muzzle, gently brushing his whiskered nose against the golden-hued Pegasus' neck. It was a gentle action, yet affectionate that spoke of a budding friendship, and he hoped that Panzram wouldn't pull away. "I don't believe it would be much trouble at all, honestly," Apollo began, pulling away from Panzram and turning his head upwards to the heavens, "A third medic is allowed. I am the head of our tier of doctors, and Lakota, the poisoner, is below me. Perhaps I can ask either Ophelia or Ktulu about possibly adding a third to our rank, but it will be up to the Earth God himself to decide." The thought warranted a smile, and Apollo chuckled once more in good humor.

"Even if you might be denied the opportunity of an Earth Medic position, Panzram, I will still speak to Ophelia about possibly taking you under my wing. Er... Horn." Apollo laughed once more at his own joke and tossed his head. Goodness, he had laughed more in that day alone since meeting Panzram than he had in a very, very long time. "I'll ask her if you could become my apprentice, to learn simple things about medicine and herbs. Come Spring, I thought about attempting to start an herb garden here in the Foothills, for the soil is rich and giving."

Apollo's amber gaze turned and settled upon Panzram's own golden eyes with mirth. "Perhaps you could help me? If that will be alright?"

Credits

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Panzram Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

PANZRAM

Guilt burned and coursed up Panzram's throat as he tried to desperately cover up the screaming voices within his head by tossing up wall after wall in the unfamiliar invaders way. The feeling of determination and will wasn't at all foreign to him, it was just the way that it raged with such vigor and passion that it was beginning to shoot out ripples of fear right down his narrow little spine. Where once he would have turned into the rallying forces in the barracks of his mind, he now turned away. Yes, it was true his back bone once was larger, but that was in a different time when he was a different person. 

No longer a soldier but a war veteran, he was of the peaceful sorts and intended to keep it that way. 

Apollo, he was just as peaceful, but was he going through the same inner conflict as him... Panzram doubt it, he didn't look at all banged up or bruised mentally nor physically. Which he was extremely glad for, but sooner or later he would need someone to confide in with these problems. It was certainly possible that the black and white overo could help out, he surely proved himself friendly enough on the way up here, and as of right now Panzram was counting on him to help out on the develop on their relationship.  Only time would be able to tell him if his feelings of friendship were shared, hopefully he wouldn't have to wait to long for a sign. 

Ears pulling back flatly against his dark violet mane, Panzram huffed out a sigh of frustration and ended up with his cranium resting lazily against it's anchor with his neck extending straightly from between his shoulder blades. Everything was just so complicated now, it was much easier with someone else telling you what to do and who to be. Honestly though, he'd take this troubling life over being ruled by another for your every step and decision any day. 

Defeat for all those worrisome things that constantly flouted about in his head was just beginning to set in when a something every so soft and light brushed gently and helpfully against his neck. It was Apollo, his touch revealing more to Panzram that was probably meant. It offered much needed confidence with the ever slight will to continue on into terrifying future. With the drifting of the Unicorns' nearby presence, the dark featured stallion (which was contrasted by golden hues) began tightening up. After pulling his head from its slump up into a more natural position, he trained his sight on his companion and gave an appreciative smile. With the relaxing of his facials and dousing of his nerves, Apollo's words began to drift into Panzram's lifting ears. 

Even though his answer wasn't exact it held promise, and that was the kind of answer that Panzram would shamelessly accept. There would be a lot of trials to overcome in the process of becoming someone of the medical position, thankfully though, Apollo lightened the load of that over bearing thought with a chuckle. Even if he did not pass all of his tests, at least the Earth Medic would pass down a few of the basic skills while taking him under his 'horn'. The dark stallion pulled his lips back at the joke and shared a laugh with Apollo, thankful for the choice he had made and thankful for the sign he'd been given with the question that had been saved for last. "Oh, of course that's alright, I'd love to help!" With the extra stretching of his maw from the hearty laughing molding back into an original smile, Panzram found his friends hazel eyes and for a moment the two shared a moment of equality in their sight. 

"Would you mind telling me more about the Gods?" He went on to ask after allowing a set amount of time to pass before moving on to another subject with the painted man, he didn't want to bother him by prodding for more details on his life's work. In Panzram's mind that would have been disrespectful after all the things that Apollo has already done for him, and in only so little of time too. So instead, he let his round, golden eyes do the talking for him. Thank you, I really appreciate this.