the Rift

[OPEN] stumbling children make mistakes

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit

Children.

Why did they seem so intent on disrupting my peace? My serenity? My blissful silence? My solitudious tranquillity was forever being shattered, ruined, left slumped and forgotten in a dark corner somewhere, as my attention is forced to focus on far more menial tasks. And it was always by these small, loud, bumbling ,youthful souls that my devotion to my Goddess was interrupted, my ruminations broken and fragmented.

They always thought of themselves so highly, assuming that they knew everything, assuming they were welcome everywhere, assuming that everything contained within their little heads was all there was to know about anything and everything. And they always thought that they were subtle, silent, learned in the ways of stealth. But they weren't - not when one had access to the network of mists dropping whispers about the happenings of every soul who dared to wander into my lands.

I stood over the sleeping child now, my violet gaze drinking her appearance with silent judgement, my leonine tail swishing to and fro behind me as I considered what to do next. I was not prone to bestowing niceties upon the young just for the sake that they are young, like so many other, far more maternal mares were. I was more of an aunt, one who watched from afar, who gave praise when it was due - as well as judgement.

Still, I did not disturb the young belle, instead deciding to stand over her, and allow her to get some rest. The last time an unknown foal had trespassed, she had made the mistake of harming a fellow resident. This one had come merely seeking a warm place to lay and escape the cold - that much at least, I could grant her. And so, I stood as a silent, pale sentinel for the evening, wondering when the belle would awaken, wondering when I could finally earn back my peaceful studies once more.

[ Feel free to have her sleep through the night and wake in the morning if you like c: ]

Hellena</style>
May the stars tuck you in at night,
May the Moon watch over you, always.
</style>

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

Messages In This Thread
stumbling children make mistakes - by Amara - 06-13-2013, 01:53 PM
RE: stumbling children make mistakes - by Hellena - 06-14-2013, 07:00 AM
RE: stumbling children make mistakes - by Amara - 06-17-2013, 08:54 PM
RE: stumbling children make mistakes - by Hellena - 06-23-2013, 06:28 AM