the Rift

[OPEN] stumbling children make mistakes

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

During the short few hours I slept, I had a dream. But this dream did not consist of my usual, bloody dreams of my mother's death. No, this dream was much better, much sweeter. I romped through a field, gravity seemingly losing its grip on me as I bounded through, my long legs slowly beginning to rise from the ground with each leap. But as I thought gravity was vanishing, it was in fact me... flying. My wings flapped as I soared, swirling around and I was doing tricks in the air. I saw a dark figure speed from beside me. I glanced to the side and saw my mom. She was blurry, but I could never forget her face, her colors, her figure or her smell. I was born to know her, to remember her. I soared beside her before landing. We settled in a comfortable little spot in the shade, a large willow tree sweeping its fingers far above us. I buried my face in her dark mane before sighing and leaning against her as she cooed gently, telling me stories of great pirates. I heard the sound of the waves, the crisp smell of sea salt, and the sound of chanting pirates as she told the story. Slowly, my dream-self drifted to sleep.

It seemed all so sudden as I awoke with a shake, my eyes bleary and my nose resting against my chest, right above my doll's head. The sun cut through a small bit of the mist, allowing me to see the very edge, which I was scarcely close to. The edge was just, there. It looked as though it dropped off, dipping into the earth. I lay there, oblivious of the mare beside me. I opened my small maw, allowing myself to yawn. I blink a few times, trying to clear up my blurred vision. I turned my head, craning my neck. Towering over me was a dappled mare, her violet eyes seemed to gaze down at me as though she was a stone figurine watching over me while I had slept. Her tail was different than mine, it was more like Cosette's tail, which was a lions' tail. I blinked, my amber eyes still focused on the mare, my small ears flicked back in fear. I opened my small mouth again, this time to speak, but shut it when I realized I was too scared.

The old mare did not move, she just stood there watching me. I picked up my doll and opened my left wing, holding her there until I closed my wing so that she was securely folded in. I turned back to the old unicorn, watching her with curious eyes. When she said nothing, I opened my mouth, gathering enough courage to speak. My voice at first came out quiet, almost silent. "Whooooo'ssss. Yooooou?" Gods! I couldn't even speak. I was young and my vocabulary (and my grammar) was at its minimum. I had meant to say "Who are you?" But being a small child with little development in speech, I was unable to say this sentence exactly. At least I had tried.

I gazed at the mare, curious as to who she was, and why she was here. Opening my mouth again, and I gulped in some air and spoke once again. "Wh're arrreeess weeeee?" Again, bad speech. It's tough being a foal, unable to really pronounce things and arrange words properly. I slowly propped myself up using my forelegs, my quarters still resting on the ground. I could feel hunger beginning to claw at my gut, growling and fussing because I had not eaten since yesterday morning. It was a beast inside, snarling to be let free. I glanced at my rumbling tummy and then at the mare, my curious eyes grazing over her hungrily.
"Talk talk talk."

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
stumbling children make mistakes - by Amara - 06-13-2013, 01:53 PM
RE: stumbling children make mistakes - by Hellena - 06-14-2013, 07:00 AM
RE: stumbling children make mistakes - by Amara - 06-17-2013, 08:54 PM
RE: stumbling children make mistakes - by Hellena - 06-23-2013, 06:28 AM