the Rift

You Oughta Know [Xira]

Mesir Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I scoff inwardly at the green mare, knowing there are hidden meanings to her nice words. The ominous dark cloud above us intrigues me, as its arrival was sudden and unwelcome to both of us. I intend to ready a sharp retort in response to Xira’s compliment, and curiously find my mind blank. All that fills my head are thoughts about the lovely shade of the mare’s coat, how adept she was at sarcastic retorts, and how lovely her companion was. There is no way these are my own thoughts, I think to myself, cringing at the sweet compliments dirtying my pure mind. I panic and search frantically in every crevice of my brain for a perfect insult, retort, anything that was resonant of the sharp, thorny, and real me. I have a feeling that Xira was not meaning to address her admiration of my loyal to the God of the Sun, whom I was praying to right now, in hope he would grant me an insult for my “lovely” friend.

My blue eyes hard, I look at the mare’s green ones, and think we are finally agreeing on something: this fucking cloud is a fucking inconvenience. I snort my black mane out of my face angrily, but realize that even my snort sounds like a friendly whinny. “I…um. Well, Xira, thank you. You seem loyal yourself. I see it with you and Kye.” I am horrified at my own mouth telling this bitch I think she is even worth a goddamn thing to me. I paw impatiently at the ground, hoping this will end soon, extremely uncomfortable with the warm fuzzy thoughts running amok in my brain. I remain cool and emotionless to Xira, but I am quietly tearing every single leaf off every tree in Dragon’s Throat territory with my rage at not being able to say what the fuck I want.

Messages In This Thread
You Oughta Know [Xira] - by Mesir - 07-25-2012, 12:45 PM
RE: You Oughta Know [Xira] - by Xira - 07-25-2012, 01:57 PM
RE: You Oughta Know [Xira] - by Mesir - 07-26-2012, 11:46 AM
RE: You Oughta Know [Xira] - by Xira - 07-31-2012, 01:22 PM
RE: You Oughta Know [Xira] - by Mesir - 08-02-2012, 02:47 PM
RE: You Oughta Know [Xira] - by Xira - 08-02-2012, 03:35 PM
RE: You Oughta Know [Xira] - by Mesir - 08-03-2012, 11:19 AM
RE: You Oughta Know [Xira] - by NPC - 08-05-2012, 08:55 PM
RE: You Oughta Know [Xira] - by Xira - 08-05-2012, 09:50 PM
RE: You Oughta Know [Xira] - by Mesir - 08-06-2012, 11:56 PM
RE: You Oughta Know [Xira] - by Xira - 08-15-2012, 08:50 PM