the Rift

You Oughta Know [Xira]

Mesir Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

My blue eyes stare at Xira, still bewildered at the pure…niceness that was emanating from the mare. This cloud had royally screwed things up; our angry interaction was going well enough without us saying anything friendly towards each other. Why the sudden need to start now? I shift my hooves and nod at the green roan, in subtle thanks for the compliments of my looks and best wishes for my future. As much as I would hate to admit it to her, I wish for a companion like she has. My temper earns me a reputation that none want to intrude upon, leaving me quite lonely, with a void I know a companion could easily fill. She irritates me, this self-entitled, ignorant, bitch of a mare, but in a way we seemed to get each other. The sand is hot under my hooves, and I shift them in slight, dancing annoyance. Never before have I felt annoyed at my own lovely god for the heat he brings us, but in this moment, I feel like I want the sun to disappear. My blue eyes narrow in suspicion and I twitch my mane, silky black locks flowing easily down my neck.

Still, it is remarkable that Xira and I are finally agreeing on something, even if it is the annoyance of this cloud. Even the falcon, Kye, who accompanies the mare is frightened of the power this dark abyss seems to hold over us. Whenever I talk, it seems foreign, like it is someone else saying the words that come from my parted lips. Visibly irritated, I stare at the mare’s green eyes, hoping to convey that I completely understand what she is feeling, a concept that is new to me.

I clear my throat, trying to formulate words that have a wonderful, sarcastic tone to them, and yet my brain is empty. My lips work furiously, helplessly searching, and still nothing appears. I sigh and decide to settle on whatever the cloud tells me I should say. I open my mouth, bracing myself for the words about to escape. “I wish for a bond like that as well, someday. Being lonely gets irritating, you know? I just seem to repel others like two magnets with the same charge. That’s why I am glad I can talk to you.” I close my eyes, and shake my head. What stupid fool would ever decide to trust a cursed cloud? Oh. Right. Me.

Messages In This Thread
You Oughta Know [Xira] - by Mesir - 07-25-2012, 12:45 PM
RE: You Oughta Know [Xira] - by Xira - 07-25-2012, 01:57 PM
RE: You Oughta Know [Xira] - by Mesir - 07-26-2012, 11:46 AM
RE: You Oughta Know [Xira] - by Xira - 07-31-2012, 01:22 PM
RE: You Oughta Know [Xira] - by Mesir - 08-02-2012, 02:47 PM
RE: You Oughta Know [Xira] - by Xira - 08-02-2012, 03:35 PM
RE: You Oughta Know [Xira] - by Mesir - 08-03-2012, 11:19 AM
RE: You Oughta Know [Xira] - by NPC - 08-05-2012, 08:55 PM
RE: You Oughta Know [Xira] - by Xira - 08-05-2012, 09:50 PM
RE: You Oughta Know [Xira] - by Mesir - 08-06-2012, 11:56 PM
RE: You Oughta Know [Xira] - by Xira - 08-15-2012, 08:50 PM