the Rift

Hopes up high and your head down low - open

Cthulhu Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
the devil in me shivers
EVERY TIME THAT YOU BREATHE
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
xxxThe bite of the cold was a mere dull sort of chill that ebbed and flowed over her body, existing only when she acknowledged it or paid attention to the pale clouds that formed from her nose and mouth. It wasn't as attention worthy as the mare in front of her, and Cthulhu kept her unwavering gaze on the mare, her body shifting its weight gently and into a more comfortable position on her hooves. Or at least had attempted some grasp on comfort before tensing up at the sight of the large bear that slipped out from the shadows and settled in the snow before her and near Circe.

xxxAs tense as she was, she knew better than to provoke in any way, but all her assumptions on the bear were tossed out of the window as Crice greeted it. Now that.. was as unheard of as unicorns to her. What sort of world had she stumbled into? Things were strange in this land, and the unease prickled even more over her skin, bothering her far more than the nip of the cold at her heels and nose. Her instincts were telling her to give the bear a wide berth and respect, and yet Circe was simply touching this bear as if it were an old friend. Instincts and facts warred in her mind, giving way to the confusion that flitted over her face and she shook her head gently to clear it out. "I've never seen such an exchange." Again with the bluntness in her tones, and her head lifted to a normal height as her ears pinned halfway back. She knew better than to approach or disrespect the bear, and this... baffled her.

xxxTaking her eyes off the bear for a moment (against her instinct), Cthulhu instead focused on Circe once more. The bear was doing nothing, and though her muscles were coiled with an adrenaline surge ready for flight if necessary, her outer shell became more relaxed looking. She would put her instincts aside for now, though it was obvious she was still keeping a steady sort of alertness on both the ursine and unicorn in front of her. Those pale ears flickered, twin peaks in a mussy mass of black hair, as she listened to Circe speak.

xxxIntend to remain a nomad? It was a good question, and one that Cthulhu didn't take lightly. She wrapped her thoughts around it, keeping a keen ear on Circe as her mind whirled for a moment. Herds and groups were a hassle most of the time, with the majority squabbling amongst one another. Was there a chance that somewhere in these lands, there'd be a herd willing to accept her and her bold as brass nature? Certainly Circe seemed to tolerate it, and had one of her own that made Cthulhu smile. It was nice to find someone as bold as she could be. Tilting her head curiously, the marked mare watched Circe, still listening and contemplating her words as she heard them. Was she offering what Cthulhu thought?

xxxShe was. The words startled Cthulhu slightly, and she flicked her tail just once, feeling the tendrils of hair drag over her flank and back leg before going still. "I suppose after so long, a shield sister would be a comfort, especially in a land I know nothing about. I... will accept your shield, and offer my own in return." An exchange of loyalties, though the two barely knew one another. Perhaps it was the fact Circe was so engaging and able to bear her rather prickly surface, pushing underneath and reminding her of herself, like looking in a mirror. If a mirror had the ability to change appearances that is.

notes: my muse took the worst dive, i'm so sorry D:

Messages In This Thread
Hopes up high and your head down low - open - by Cthulhu - 06-13-2013, 08:06 PM
RE: Hopes up high and your head down low - open - by Cthulhu - 06-14-2013, 09:26 PM
RE: Hopes up high and your head down low - open - by Cthulhu - 06-14-2013, 11:42 PM
RE: Hopes up high and your head down low - open - by Cthulhu - 06-15-2013, 10:32 PM