the Rift

[OPEN] you're something beautiful, a contradiction

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

mesec</style>
      boy of the night fell from the stars</style>

When the other stallion's eyes turned upon me, I felt momentarily frozen in place, as if ice had formed at my feet and stuck me in place. But I carried on without skipping a beat, instead watching the speckled King with a wariness I had developed towards most bearing a horn on their brows. No, Mauja himself had never shown an ounce of malevolence towards me; in fact, I had rathered enjoyed his odd display during that Basin meeting that seemed like so long ago... Yet I couldn't bring myself to be completely comfortable in his presence. He was the Lord of the Basin, after all; of all the entities that could have stepped forward to stop the harm and hate brought upon me, it could have and should have been him.

A flash of anger, a stark contrast to my approach, clouded my mind as I stood before him. For a moment, I wanted to yell at him, cry out and beg to know why he had never done a single thing to try and stop the terror I lived in every single day. It wasn't fair, I decided, that I had been tormented in my very own home. I'd never caused harm to anyone, never even spoken in a nasty tone during my time there. If the wings upon my back were what fueled their hatred, then why had I never seen them scurrying after Irma, trying desperately to rip her wings off?

I shook my head at the sudden rush of thoughts, and inhaling deeply, I tried my best to keep calm. The rage I felt had been unexpected to say the least, and I did not like it. Perhaps I deserved the answers I sought, or maybe I didn't. Did I even want to know? But try as I might, it was growing much too difficult to keep these feelings from bubbling out to the surface. Lifting my eyes to the icy blue of Mauja's, I listened as he finally spoke, but it wasn't in answer to my question. The Frostheart's inquiry only flared my rage once more; if he only knew.

It had to be painfully obvious how unsettled I was becoming, but maybe I was actually doing well at hiding it? Right now, I did not know, and I did not care. "... Every day," I managed to answer in an even voice, but was unable to keep the twinge of anger from it. Flickering my gaze towards the sky, I exhaled a heavy breath, hoping that the simple beauty of the chilly morning would do something to quell my anger. "I am the child of a God; yet I am more lowly than a slave." To some extent, that wasn't true, but it had felt like it many times before. "Sometimes I find myself wondering, why did Mother have me in the first place? She certainly didn't do it because she loves children, and the same goes for my father. Surely there's a reason for my conception... But I don't know what it is."

Growing quiet, I allowed my gaze to fall back onto the speckled coat of Mauja to gauge his reaction. My voice had been bitter, but now that I had spoken, I already felt the weight in which he asked of lightening. Would Mauja chastise me for my choice of words? Understand them? Or just stare at me and ask another question..? Releasing a steady breath, I decided to beat him to the punch.

"What about you?" I asked, my tone taking on a more curious air about it, "It doesn't take a genius to see that you're troubled, Mauja."

Credits
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
RE: you're something beautiful, a contradiction - by Mesec - 06-26-2013, 08:31 PM