the Rift

[PRIVATE] Soldier's Ways

Descaro Posts: 77
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
imi
@[Frost Fyre]

In the depths of the inky blackout Descaro had simply lingered within the borders of the Aurora Basin, his face set in a neutral manner as he hid his true feelings of confusion. The world around him seemed unnatural, as if conjured by magic and it made his nose wrinkle, Descaro had never been touched with such power and was frequently intimidated by its presence. After all, the mahogany stallion struggled to understand a concept that was far out of his reach, his own ways were bent towards the traditional and he fought in battle with his own physical brawn, defying old warriors and magic wielders alike. The thought of using magic to fight felt almost like cheating in some way to the weathered soldier, he often wondered if the same satisfaction was felt upon victory. He imagined it couldn’t be fulfilling and much preferred doing it the old way and the hard way, even if it did put him at a disadvantage a lot of the time. It was the reason he had almost disappeared from sight during the cold months of dead sun, his body dark enough to slip in and out of the shadows majorly unnoticed except perhaps for the odd passerby to nod their head in greeting.

However, on another freezing Frostfall day, Descaro left his refuge of prowling close to the mountains to walk out into the Basin, ears of sleek chocolate curved neatly forward to catch the call from his only child. Frost Fyre. Descaro had only ever held a conversation with her once, when she was just a small foal being led around by her mother, but by now she must have grown and left Leyra’s side. A small part of him felt guilt for leaving his child without a father for so long, but he would then argue that he had many important things to do and it was Leyra’s job to raise the child. Of course, his brief other half would have had a rather different opinion. His walk was brisk as he followed the sound of her nicker and eventually picking up her scent, quickening his pace before finally she came into sight and he smiled warmly at her.

Indeed she had grown! There was of course still room for a bit more height, her long legs once skinny and fragile were becoming stronger. Her coat, courtesy of her father, had turned a shade of bay roan whilst her mother echoed through her frosted rump dashed with darker spots. Atop her head her horn, much like his own, proudly crowned her a member of what Descaro knew to be the strongest species. Moving swiftly over to her, he gently tried to bump his velvet nostrils against his daughters own nose in fond greeting before taking a few steps back, lips curling into a half smile. "Frost Fyre! How has my daughter been? You’ve grown I see.” He said smoothly, hiding the awkwardness he felt creeping up on him from conversing with his daughter after such a long time.

(ooc; oh wow, I somehow completely missed this until I saw the tag when I logged in on his account xD Sorry dark love! <33)

Messages In This Thread
Soldier's Ways - by Frost Fyre - 07-05-2013, 12:12 AM
RE: Soldier's Ways - by Descaro - 07-28-2013, 04:31 PM
RE: Soldier's Ways - by Descaro - 08-05-2013, 05:11 PM
RE: Soldier's Ways - by Frost Fyre - 08-11-2013, 12:05 PM