the Rift

[PRIVATE] Soldier's Ways

Descaro Posts: 77
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
imi
@[Frost Fyre]

Eager ears heard the words that put a sense of strange awe in the heart of the bay warrior as he gazed at the roan with an odd sense of pride. This was his daughter who spoke so confidently of her thoughts and her wishes, her youthful gaze already set towards her bright horizon and the many paths that lay before her. Perhaps he had been a fool when not taking a hand in her upbringing, he’d missed many moments already in her life, but at the same time he knew even if he was there he wouldn’t have made a very good father. He could not have spent his life side by side with Leyra and that sort of environment was not the place for a child. Or so he liked to delude himself into thinking. At the same time as all of these swirling emotions, Descaro humorously felt old, this was his daughter a yearling already. She had the whole world in front of her whereas he had only grey hair and stiff bones in his horizon. Still, never was there a day when he regretted having a daughter. He hoped she would make a better mark on the world than he had so far.

However, the question that followed was rather unexpected and for a moment he was stricken with uncomfortable silence as he tried to remember all those seasons ago when he had indeed first met Leyra. He turned his face skyward and a thoughtful look crossed his face as he went back across time and snowy wastelands. It wasn’t long after the invasion had ended and they had been thrown out as outcasts, sheltering in the harsh embrace of the mountains. He had wandered down on patrol to gaze out at the landscape of Helovia when the blue roan had found him. "I was out patrolling for Lord Mauja, I’d followed the paths down to the foot of the mountains where I gazed out across the land, quite disgruntled over our recent loss in battle. I met your mother there, she found me daydreaming in the wind..." He smiled at the memory. Maybe he and Leyra didn’t get on, he didn’t fall in love with her and she appeared to hate him afterwards, but he still had a fondness for that particular memory of the day they had ‘acquainted’ themselves.

He turned back to Frost Fyre then and nodded to her as a whole. "Not too long after you were born and the Time God gave us the Aurora Basin." Indeed he was happy that his daughter had been born with a herd at her feet, outcast life was harsh and not always the best life for a foal to live. Maybe in the future she would take this road on her own accord or maybe she will decide to stay by her brethren and fight for their future instead. It was her choice and hers alone.

Messages In This Thread
Soldier's Ways - by Frost Fyre - 07-05-2013, 12:12 AM
RE: Soldier's Ways - by Descaro - 07-28-2013, 04:31 PM
RE: Soldier's Ways - by Descaro - 08-05-2013, 05:11 PM
RE: Soldier's Ways - by Frost Fyre - 08-11-2013, 12:05 PM