the Rift

[OPEN] The Guide and the Lady [Antheia, Open, Acceptance]

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

As they stand in a tri-pointed star, something unnerving descends upon them. The sun, once hidden behind clouds that herald the coming of snow, is suddenly blackened as if eclipsed. It is so forceful, so unnatural, that the WeyrLeader ripped his gaze from the two standing before him to cast it towards the heavens. A ripple of despair cascaded over him, a sensation that did not seem to emanate from his breast alone. Warm, kindly azure embers harden into pale sapphire gems, and the beast rose to his tallest point, span revealed once more in his need to seize the skies by force. This is an unnatural, disturbing change, and it is certainly not comforting. Antheia is what brings him back, the foolish urge to fly when there is no light quelled with her lyrics. There is a seriousness now to his face, and he looms over the smaller two like a monster. He must get to his family, and now there is no time for pleasantries and idle chatter. "I do not know, but I shall soon find out," he swore solemnly, watchers flashing in the stifling darkness. The sun painted stallion is now nothing but a mocking reminder of what they have lost.

Quickly, quickly, quickly! Find Mirage and Destrier! You must prepare and calm the panic! His mind is bellowing orders at him, and his pillars ache to thunder through the land he knows so well, uncaring of the barbs that would surely impale his skin should he struggle through briar and bush alike. "Sirs Lace and Aaron are our Glaziers, I will introduce you to them if you would so like. They would be more than willing to take you on as an equal who wishes to learn, or you may apprentice beneath you." The urge is growing stronger, harder to ignore, and his muscles nearly ache from how much willpower it takes to keep him grounded and in their presence. In that moment, his family is more important. Eyes flashed to where he had last seen the Apollo fellow, words taking on a militaristic tone with the both of them. "I must check on my family, this is unnatural and possibly threatening. Miss Antheia, should you follow me you shall find a family and a possible mentor in the art of glass working. I will leave you in capable hands, I assure you. Sir Apollo, I cannot guide you to her borders. However I may be able to appoint a Protector to do so. Will you be safe to return home with this level of visibility?"

Gods, what in the world could he possibly do from here? Kaj wanted to sweep them away, either with him or away from him, and let them take care of themselves if it meant helping his kin. But Antheia was looking to him for guidance, and he could not leave her now, especially if she wanted a place to call home. All that was left, was to wait in the chilling darkness that should not have come for many more hours.

--
Notes: Crap, but Kaj is thinking rather base right now so he's not going to be doing much more ^^
WC: 512

KAJ
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts
image credits
table by whit

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Guide and the Lady [Antheia, Open, Acceptance] - by Kaj - 06-26-2013, 03:44 PM