the Rift

[OPEN] taking responsibility [Valentine, open] [Wall]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: sohtable.png]

SOHALIA

My belly is round with child, and yet I press onwards. It has not been so long since our leader's warnings against the Aurora Basin, and yet it has been long enough to make me uncomfortable. I have heard no word of attack; in fact, I have heard no word at all. Somehow the ominous silence creates an urgency that has not been there before, and so despite my rather unfortunate condition, here I stand. The air is chilly, though it does not snow in the desert, but my body is coated with a sheen of sweat. Before me, a sheet of metal rises, bending and twisting beneath my will. It is hard work, though it is not physical work, and it pleases me to be doing something for my herd. It distracts me, too, but I try not to think of that.

The metal falls gently into place, following my directions exactly. It is nice to have at least one thing in life that will listen without questioning my orders. Skysong didn't, and now she's gone. If I look back, I am lost, I tell myself, pouring energy into my work and shoving the guilt away. I will find her. I will. I just don't know where to start. And I'm in no condition to go gallivanting across the realm, not now. Perhaps when the babe is born... but no, not even then, for I will again have a tagalong. No, I throw myself into my work so that I don't have to acknowledge that I will likely ever see my daughter again.

My pair of necklaces sway gently as I walk, a rose on a fine, silvery chain and an amulet on a plain rope. Both are gifts from my unborn child's father, a steed that has made me his, in his own way. It is not a traditional love story, perhaps, but what about me is conventional? My life has been a mess since it began; I don't know why I thought it would change when I entered adulthood. But somehow I am happier now living in chaos than I was trying to live the lie that I thought I wanted with Note. I had loved him, I thought - or perhaps it was simply the ideal of love that I had fallen so hard for. I shake my head, refocusing my energy on the wall, hoping to forget it all, if only for a little while.

"talk talk talk"
@[Valentine]

Live... I want to live on fire
Die... I want to burn out brighter
Brighter than the northern lights
Want to live to feel the daylight

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo

V A L E N T I N E

This fantasy, this fallacy, this tumbling stone
Echoes of a city that's long overgrown,

Your heart is the only place that I call home,
I cannot be returned.

The day is ripe with nothingness, as I travel across the orange desert. I feel the power in my bones that the God of the Sun has given me, and I know today that I will work on the wall. I walk with my daughter of course, who has followed me without asking, and I look along the wall, walking back to the place I have started but unfinished. I have the copper I took from the Threshold, holding the bulky metal in my mouth. It will be best for the hinges, but I will get to that later. I am not the only one out today, and I see my craftier in crime Sohalia. She is a beautiful mare, I cannot avoid that, but there is something...off about her. She is walking funny, and from what I can tell, she looks tired. Aiko leaves my side, running off to search for small metal parts as she did last time.

I walk to the white pegasus, dropping the copper on the ground between us.

"Good morning Sohalia. It seems we both have the same idea today, hm? I found some copper, which I thought would be good for the hinges, but we haven't gotten to that yet, so I thought I would at least bring it here. Also....are you alright? You look rather ill today. Is there something wrong?"

Aiko comes back, carrying some small rusted pieces, not quite that big, but big enough. I thank her as she sets them down, and I use my magic while waiting for Sohalia's response. The metal glides easily in place, and I get into my groove, feeling the pace that is comfortable. While I haven't know the mare long, I still worry about those that are in my "family", and I like to know some things that go on between the inhabitants of the Dragon's Throat.

OCC: lol, Valentine doesn't realize she's prego xD Sorry this is so late dear ;_;

@[Sohalia]

"blah blah blah."

Image Credits
I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: sohtable.png]

SOHALIA

My work goes steadily, with the sun beating down on me. It is warm, but not unbearably so, and I find that despite my exhaustion, I am more than capable of carrying on with the day's work. The light is reflecting off the wall in such a way that I do not see him approach at first; the first of the pair that comes into view is the youngling, for whom I have no name. I consider her momentarily with a puzzled look, but I nod slightly to myself in understanding as Valentine arrives. It must be his daughter. A lump rises in my throat, and I swallow hard, willing myself not to think of my own recently-departed daughter, for I cannot follow her, wherever she has chosen to go. Not in this condition.

I force cheerfulness into my vocals as I return my fellow Forger's greeting. "And a good day to you, Valentine. I've found that copper is quite supple; it may indeed prove suitable for the hinges. Thank you for bringing it." I offer a kind smile. My tail swishes gently against my legs, and I shift my considerable weight from one side to the other. Valentine offers and inquiry into my health, and I smile again, a soft chuckle falling from my lips. "Oh, I am quite fine, thank you. I am pregnant, you see. I am simply a bit tired." And a bit depressed. And a bit upset. But really, it's mostly exhaustion. That's what I tell myself, anyway.

"This must be your daughter?" I ask, turning the attention from myself and to his young one. She is quite adorable, really, and I can't help but grin at her antics. "She's quite lovely," I add, after giving him time to respond. I wish I had my child here to show off; I wish my firstborn had not died in the womb. Ah, so many wishes; there could not possibly be enough stars to fulfill them all.

"talk talk talk"
@[Valentine]

Live... I want to live on fire
Die... I want to burn out brighter
Brighter than the northern lights
Want to live to feel the daylight

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!