the Rift

[OPEN] Sole Survivor

Shajake Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Is there too much knowledge within the mind to beat it back, and work outside the relative box that is the said mind? If it was possible, there were things to think over anew. The dappled stallion had taken the time from his annoying followers that seem to come out of no where to think over the actions of the disease. Lately, the effects of schizophrenia stayed low; he'd even been able to accept some company allow them to be around him at times. His company was a winged mare named Africa who know he could care less of. She was nothing, and smelt of a herd. Her actions were something that she was to keep up with, as his was for his well being. And for two others that existed and lived within his body.
The company that lived within his mind seemed so welcome to his brain. After the disease invaded, one moved in and made himself comfy without even the offer. It was white like snow, and tended to appear to the vibrant green eyed stallion as just an outline and a shape filled with the colour white. When the figure didn't show any idea of leaving, he simply gave it the name of his father. Scinfaxi. Scinfaxi was common to hold some mental conversations with the stallion, but always was the picture of a piece of textbook perfect schizophrenia. He would whisper things into the brain, and try to move in the gears within the stallion's mind to figure out how to work him. Scinfaxi never worked Shajake, for once Shajake discovered the disease was working somehow, changed up his mind, creating a man whose personality seemed to be a puzzle where every puzzle piece hit together, but none of the pieces came from the same puzzle. Ah, what an interesting man he was.
His second piece of company came after he wandered into Helovia. It followed up to appear like Scinfaxi, except black. This one was different and weird, like it was attempting to save him in a way. Most of the time it was to the distance, never close, yelling for the dappled stallion to follow before it would be swept off with the wind. Sometimes the stallion followed, though rarely, did he take to 'his own advances and move about. A recent expermentation with a red gas and a pond where the water was the colour of blood and reflected the image of a lost lover, the pair took to a new appearance, if you must define them.
Scinfaxi took some features to his white body, a mane and tail, and a pair of pupilless gold eyes. The other, well, he followed the same with the black, and then eyes of red hot burning coal. Shajake wasn't taking much attention to their changes because they weren't meaningful to him.
In the cold afternoon sun, surrounded by low clouds and a never ending sea of snow, they were just souls about with him. His exile was comfortable. The Steppe put him at a comfortable place where he wasn't running about having company here and there, for who was crazy enough to move this far north in the midsts of Frostfall? He guessed a few unicorns from the nearby Aurora Basin would come out here to leave from their herd life for peace like himself, but their existance was short lived to him. Like the snow, his hatred for the racist was never ending. Then again, he rarely felt much emotion lately. He needed a change of scene for a few hours, for Scinfaxi was about something.
'Ah, you like it alone now? Wouldn't little Africa be nice to be around? Play with those damned flowers all day long.' The last sentence was more a growl and a threat than a question or statement, and was followed by a chuckle. Shajake pushed the voice away to a dark corner of his mind before the embodiment appeared beside him with a question look, as if it truly wanted an answer from the stallion. The answer would get it to no where, but it would make it pleased somehow.
"Fuck off, shit-face."T
The words came out aloud, something he wasn't used to doing, but he was in one of those moods where anything was going to put the stallion in a rage. What voice flooded out of the stallion's mouth was something that belonged to a monster from a horror story too frightening for the kids. It was a voice stolen from a demon, one created because he lacked the need to social. Let others think of him as an anti-social, rude, and uncaring bastard. Who was he too care? It wouldn't appear up somewhere in conversation unless someone who had met him blew out his name in conversation and that there, was an extremely low chance.
His companion's reaction was not the best of reactions, one of anger with no action. The stallion responded with a heartless chuckle released out to the open. Maybe if someone comes across a lone equine standing knee deep in snow with not another soul in sight, then they'd see that he was just as equally crazy and ignore him. A perfect plan, if he was able to put it out in the open.
Even though it was the afternoon, the considered hottest time of the day in the other seasons, in Frostfall it must be the coldest. Ice grows on the beard he has grown for the cold, and hangs down. His coat is thick and looks ragdy. Mud is coated in it after some time in the southern lands where he experienced a great deal of mud and rain. Knee deep in snow, alone in the sea of white, he must look like a mirage. A mirage in the middle of Frostfall and in the Steppe. Isn't that something you'd expect in the lands outside the Dragon's Throat in the middle of Tallsun? But no, he is here to break the rules as he has done before many times with not even a second glance or thought of he was done.
A sound falls across the world, breaking the silence inbetween the noise of powerful winds screaming, howling, and crying as he stands in it's way and his own voice spoken to an unknown creature. The sound is not what he is wanting to hear, for hearing the usual nosies out here is comfortable for him. What he has heard is a laugh, and it draws in his attention like moths to a light in the dark. Like when moths swarm a light in the nighttime, there shall always be bats to come in and snatch them up. The voice is the moth, the light the owner, and the bat himself. His mind is set to one common motive. Hunt and kill what he may find. Why he hasn't joined a herd yet seemed strange. He'd fit in perfectly as a soldier.
Drawn in more and more, he moves at a slow pace with his ears pinned backwards. Scinfaxi is there to walk beside him, following with some sick form of happiness. When the source spot of the laugh comes to the stallion, he only finds hoofprints within the snow, alone. No other except for his own is there. He recoils, and acts in a way as if to spit fire and raise demons with his mind is his motive. For truly, this the beginning of him going crazy. This shall begin the wildfire that rages a disease to force a new puzzle piece from another puzzle to fit perfectly with his mismatched puzzle, and make him more a creature unknown.

"talk talk talk"

“BUT THE TRUTH IS A DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD; ITS A DANGEROUS THING." - MICHAEL SCOTT .

Addison Posts: N/A
Unregistered

We were having a good day.

"Excuse me?" Queen's voice drifts into the air as she had just finished pushing her figure relentlessly through the snow, heading south and out of this hellhole. We were having a good day, before her teal eyes had caught sight of this stallion. I am not sure what his problem is, but I know what Queen is likely thinking. Her eyes are hard and cool as ice, peering out from long lashes and and elegant face. Such a beauty, as always, Addison.

Her poisonous glare continues as she stares hard in the direction of the pale boy who begins to wade away from her in the drifts. Silent, calm, almost unmoving as she observes the stallion who dares call her a shit-face. Who else could he be talking to, after all? We seem to be all alone on this Steppe with him. Queen's eyes lock onto him, a hawk latched on to her target. Without saying anything else, she begins to move.

The snow has clogged her movements, but I still know that grace becomes her body. In all of our years of training, Addison had never been hindered by terrain. I remember watching her fight in the oceans, the mountains, sand, or any turf that they could find in Harbeindgar. She is not at her prime, having been weakened by travel, but this boy is a fool for speaking so ill of her. It is not until her front end breaks free from the crest of the snow that I notice the distracted look in his eyes. Uh oh, Queen. I do not believe this boy was talking to you.

I do not believe she would care, either way.

Her hind end pushes off as she launches her small, sleek frame through the snow, racing toward the left side of this unknown boy, pale white legs extended like daggers aimed for the shoulder that peers out from the snow. Her jaw opens to reveal vicious rows of teeth snapping for the ear of this poor stranger. I have not seen her this pissed off in a while.

addison,
image credits

Shajake Posts: N/A
Unregistered

He is too busy with his personal anger and hatred to notice the scum pile of a mare charging him. Scinfaxi onslaught of annoyance is pouring fuel to his anger, and only sets him up for more of an explosion when he finally does blow. He just needs a trigger, and that trigger comes in the form of a little mare.
If he wasn't so busy being pissed off, then maybe he'd notice her. If she wasn't so busy being a bitch (only in his head), then maybe she'd notice that he wasn't even paying attention to her till now. And now she had just messed up big time.
His elegant head turns dead to stare her down, vibrant green eyes so bright they almost glow around the snow and the wind. They fill with madness, and as she lunges, goes his ear, goes to slam his head into her neck, and maybe her chest if he hits her late enough. But not before she touches him.
Pain flies through his body, and he feels a piece of his ear go with her. Inside him, inside his brain, between the gears that move and halt constantly, shroud themselves in spiders and whispers from a demon and disease, is the murderer he once was. It has always been there. Once you become a murderer, you cannot just throw it away like it never existed. Murder is such a tragic thing; there is never enough blood to wash away the crime you've done. His personal murderer is right there, just under a layer of skin where it is constantly tearing away, attempting to break free and wreck havoc again. Now it might of just found a way.
They always say anger is a powerful weapon.
He hopes his hit is enough to knock her off her feet and into the snow below. Scinfaxi is right beside the dappled stallion, golden eyes closed and a frown over the disease's form. It shakes his head before moving with the wind and slipping deep into Shajake's head and mind. Inside, it exists there. The Unknown, the black figure with the red eyes, screams and then laughs before errupting to hatred and disappearing. Here, this is the begginning of true madness.
'Shajake, she is young, and stupid. Let her go. She will learn.' Ah, the disease attempts to sooth the stallion from his rage, as if it wishes to exist without his murderer status. It is nothing something he can just run from, and like when you provoke a dangerous predator, there isn't much you can do to get away from being killed.
"Where's your brain, LITTLE GIRL?!" His own voice is more demonic than normal. Normally, it is the voice from something of a horror movie. It does not belong to him with a roar and a deep, booming voice that sends chills down the spine. But here, oh no. He has become the monster that lives under the bed that a child hopes doesn't exist. He has been created to be that monster. With the words of 'little girl', his voice is a roar, a roar that belongs to the Devil himself.
"I think it belongs SPLATTERED all over the snow. Wouldn't you agree? It'd be a wonderful work of art; I'll be sure to PAINT it myself."
He lunges for her, going for her head. His ear bleeds and blood falls over the snow as a hole it becomes more and more noticeable. Later on, he'll have to find a way to heal it. For right now, revenge and murder seems to be a big thing in his mind. And he'll chase it down til he kills the prey of obsession.

"talk talk talk"

OOC: He is kind out of to kill her, but won't truly kill her. He only wishes to hurt her a lot, and take revenge upon her for tearing off his ear. Which was hilarious to see him be put through.

“BUT THE TRUTH IS A DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD; ITS A DANGEROUS THING." - MICHAEL SCOTT .

Addison Posts: N/A
Unregistered

If I were there watching, I would be laughing at this poor fool as he begins to realize what is happening and tries to retaliate. Queen is small, dainty even. However, not even the hard travel of two years can deny her the musculature that hides beneath sleek skin. She is not bulky, no, but holds a certain wirey strength I have admired for years. I have always been watching her, and that is why his pathetic attempt to knock her off her feet would make me laugh.

As if an amateur has any chance against the Queen of Harbeindgar.

Her teal eyes burn passively as his own retort with anger, but she does not slow. She does not hesitate. She shows no mercy. There is little in this world I can name that is more beautiful than Addison in a fight. Teeth lock powerfully onto the delicate flesh of an ear, and off it goes, flesh ripping away from the base and shortening the pinna.

From the blood which begins to well between ivory teeth, Queen smiles. Up flies is head, but she is well ahead of him, not slowed of the mind. Spritely, she tucks her head and the small trophy in her mouth toward her right shoulder as hooves cascade back toward the snow. The head slides along the side of her curved neck, momentarily affecting her breathing but hindering little else. As soon as her pale hooves cut the crystalline snow below, her form continuous tugging forward, hind end rising out of the snow and darting toward the left side of the haunch as he begins to laugh. A demon cackling in her ears which are pinned tight against her skull.

With all the talking, he has robbed himself of the time which is so valuable when fighting an opponent more nimble than you. Queen's proud crown is far ahead of him as his lunge begins, instead his attack lands on a well muscled rump. Much as expected, Addison ignores him, as if his brutality were but a fly landing upon her skin. She wheels forward before sending snow flying, curving back to look toward him.

It is then she spits back out his ear toward his pale face.

"Shut the fuck up and fight," she says, her voice cold and calm, yet loud enough to cover the distance between them. "Or the only blood painting the snow will be yours." The face of a warrior faces that of a murderer. Whatever insanity plagues the body of this one, I fear it will likely not match a girl trained to kill since she could walk.

"I am not afraid of worthless dogs who bark themselves into frenzies."

addison,
image credits