the Rift

[OPEN] back n' back again

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

Home free, me and my egg. At least, for those few minutes. As I walked on, I didn't see or hear the creeping leopard. I suppose my instincts kicked in, for as soon as the leopard was within a few steps of me, I flicked my ears back and slowly turned around. What I didn't expect to see was a large cat, speckled and ready to spring. But at what?

Oh, well, since it was facing me, that was a little obvious. It was ready to pounce.

On me.

I have screamed plenty of times before, but never this loud. Never had I screamed with such force, that I was afraid my lungs would either leap from my body or burst. I let out the shrill scream, my eyes widening. I leaped backwards, spinning on my heels. I clenched my teeth and kept my poor little egg closer to me, making sure it wouldn't fall and crack open. I continued screaming, gasping once or twice. My body was shaking slowly, and my eyes were beginning to tear up. Was this the end for me? I had only had three months to live so far, and if I was to die now, well, that would be very sad.

Although I did want to join my mommy, I wasn't ready just yet. I wanted to know all that I could, I wanted to feel the freedom of soaring through the skies. I gasped again, cutting my scream short by a few seconds. Slowly I began screaming again, not as loud as my last series of screams. I screamed for my mommy and my daddy. Then I started screaming for Cosette, although her name came out as 'Cooosittt' while I screamed. I spun back around to face the big cat, fear slowly swallowing me. I wanted someone to help me.

I wailed some more, my eyes releasing thousands of tears. I kept crying and wailing, my mouth going dry. I continued to scream despite my lungs beginning to weaken. I reeled backwards before halting and rearing up, still screaming. I began screaming for the creature to go away, although it was of some difficulty, seeing as how I'm just a child. What came from my mouth as I screamed was, 'AWAAAAAAYYYYY MEEEEE NO WANNNTTTT!'. I tried to act tough, but couldn't. I was too scared to do anything. Screaming some more, I coughed and spat up a little blood. (I suppose that's what I get for screaming so much.) I gasped, and flung myself farther from the cat. Now I was running on fear, for I had tired myself out crying and screaming and flailing about. I watched the cat, slowly making my way away from it.

I wanted to live.

"Talk talk talk."

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
back n' back again - by Amara - 06-17-2013, 09:54 PM
RE: back n' back again - by Donai - 06-18-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: back n' back again - by Amara - 06-18-2013, 01:55 PM
RE: back n' back again - by Irrydae - 06-18-2013, 02:43 PM
RE: back n' back again - by Donai - 06-18-2013, 03:52 PM
RE: back n' back again - by Amara - 06-18-2013, 05:00 PM
RE: back n' back again - by Irrydae - 06-19-2013, 11:54 AM
RE: back n' back again - by Donai - 06-20-2013, 05:04 PM