the Rift

Humming Hallelujah in the Dark. [open]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
I slip through the trees as silently as one might; my feet leave prints in the newly fallen drift. Somewhere in these woods a lone hunter howls his mournful song to the lights above; it sounds pitiful and hauntingly beautiful all at once. The timbers are plastered with snow, it finds reasons to hide in the nooks and crannies of bark; the stuff paints our world alabaster and forces everything green into dormancy. Hocks are cool but at least my pelt is warm, it has finally lengthened from being exposed to colder climate—though I dared not travel further north than necessary during this time of year. No amount of fur could shield one from frigid temperatures that would surely freeze the feathers on my wings if allowed ample chance.

So, instead. I prowl the forest, seeking those that might be in need of assistance—or some that might not. It didn’t take long to find one that could need both, she stands beneath the branches of a mighty pine. Its limbs are heavy with frozen mush, needles are an off color of dull emerald. I step through the undergrowth, my barrel passes a dormant bush along the way—this motion scatters snow in my wake. The brushing sound could alert even a partly deaf person of my approach, (not that I would sneak up on a lady.)

Gently I murmur a greeting, “Good evening to you, Ma’lady.” She didn’t appear fatigued by our winter wonderland, and I was thankful for the brief hope that tonight’s conversation wouldn’t start out with me attempting to appease another tired mare. At least one could hope.
Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Humming Hallelujah in the Dark. [open] - by Yuri - 06-18-2013, 11:30 AM
RE: Humming Hallelujah in the Dark. [open] - by Midas - 06-18-2013, 11:43 PM
RE: Humming Hallelujah in the Dark. [open] - by Yuri - 06-19-2013, 06:00 AM
RE: Humming Hallelujah in the Dark. [open] - by Yuri - 06-21-2013, 12:45 PM
RE: Humming Hallelujah in the Dark. [open] - by Yuri - 06-30-2013, 08:03 PM