the Rift

[PRIVATE] Fairy Lights and Silver Nights

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

when your eyes are red and emptiness is all you know
with the darkness fed i will be your scarecrow</style>

Ktulu's head tilted minutely at Aodaun's disappointed whine, which she attributed to Eytan's absence. The two had become fast friends and Eytan had taken a protective role over the younger bear, especially when his own bonded's emotions were running high and the cub happened to be around. She watched him as he quickly got over his disappointment and began to play around her legs and under her belly before turning his attentions on her tail. She flicked it out of his reach, sending more fireflies airborne. The pale, silken strands of her tail floated down around her hocks only for her to flick it again, keeping the youngster entertained while she spoke with his bond mate.

Finely shaped ears were tilted forward as the Chieftess listened to her poisoner's answer to the question she had posed. Lakota's gaze dropped to her hooves and Ktulu took that chance to study the other mare, noting the gauntness of her face and the sharp contours of her body that had once been supple and gently curved as they should have been. Winter was harsh, yes, but she did not think it had dragged on long enough for her to have lost the weight that she had. The possibility that she was sick crossed her mind and Ktulu felt a strange tightness in her chest that threatened to steal her breath.

She nodded her head at Lakota's answer. Part of her wished that Lakota had told her about it before but she also understood the need for privacy. "Sleep is important." Ktulu said carefully. "As is eating." That came out a little more pointedly that Ktulu would have liked, but her poisoner did not look well to her. "If you're having trouble sleeping you can come to me. Ranjiri would like someone other than myself and Eytan to sleep with." And Ktulu, herself, would like to have adult company from time to time. "Whatever I can do to help you I will." Wasn't that what friends were supposed to do?

"Ranjiri is well." The Chieftess continued on. "Hototo and Cera both seem to have taken to being big brothers quite well." And she supposed Midas had taken well to being a father, but she had not seen him since the birth of their daughter. Perhaps having a family wasn't all that concrete. Her head tilted again when Lakota mentioned her own desire to have children. "Your time just probably has not come yet." Ktulu answered. "There is no set age to have children, is there?" Her tone became serious. "I would not have children had it not been for the Earth God seeking me out. I still am unsure what it is about myself that he found so ... appealing and fitting for a mother." It was a selfish desire to try and cement another to herself that led to a second child and that seemed like it had failed now that she looked back on it, but you live and you learn and you move on with your life. "The right stallion just hasn't come around yet. Don't get dejected." She wasn't good at this cheering up stuff, but she gave it a shot.

Ktulu's grin returned at Lakota's compliment. "I'd have to agree, Kota." She responded. She stepped closer to touch her muzzle to Lakota's, breathing a puff of warm air to her. Her touch lingered for a moment before she withdrew and inclined her head in a manner that would tell Lakota she was ready for their walk to begin.

Credits

Icon by Tay

Messages In This Thread
Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 06-19-2013, 06:19 AM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Ktulu - 06-19-2013, 11:04 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 06-22-2013, 11:26 AM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 07-07-2013, 09:16 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Ktulu - 07-07-2013, 10:50 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 07-07-2013, 11:56 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Ktulu - 07-27-2013, 12:08 AM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 07-28-2013, 02:20 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Ktulu - 08-15-2013, 10:54 PM