the Rift

[PRIVATE] Fairy Lights and Silver Nights

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota
                     Her smile makes you wonder where she's been

Pale tendrils float up and away, though the quick flash of motion does not match well with the word. Delighted, Aodaun growls and continues to chase the ever flickering locks, chasing and skidding and tumbling in the snow, uncaring of appearances. Lakota spared a moment to giggle at his behavior, long since past being embarrassed in Ktulu's presence over her feminine delighted sounds. It makes the dark, skinny vixen nostalgic to remember when dark raven locks had been in the place of those alabaster tendrils. When it was she entertaining a darker bear, not a lighter one. Aodaun idolized Eytan, and the comparisons were easy to draw both from the bear and mare point of view. He was oblivious to the emotions that surfaced in both does upon this meeting as he played to his heart's content.

Lakota on the other hand was intimately aware of Ktulu's gaze upon her form, trembling beneath it, almost as if caressing fingers had danced ticklishly upon her spine to cause the full body shiver. She never had been able to keep anything hidden from Ktulu. The observant lead would surely see the haunting slim of her frame, and Lakota wasn't ready to answer as to why she was wasting away so quickly. But she had to face her actions, the curse she carried with her, and so bravely lifted her eyes to garnets to take whatever was given. The careful tone over sleep whittled away into sharpness, and Lakota automatically withdrew, face hardening into an emotionless facade, the one Ktulu had first viewed when they'd met in the Threshold. Then it warbled and cracked and she slid her eyes away in shame and admittance. "Don't worry over me, Ktulu. I'm...well...it's complicated." She couldn't manage to say 'I'm fine'. She'd never be able to lie to the forever honest woman who stood before her cloaked in fireflies. Even so she was touched that she extended a place at her side, her family's side, for the nights she could not greet Morpheus. The gratitude was clear on her face as she spoke, "Thank you. I may take you up on that." In her words came the truth in her tone- she would definitely seek out Ktulu's side when her night terrors consumed her.

A smile touched her lips upon hearing the news of her children, a name she was unfamiliar with appearing. "Cera?" she puzzled, knowing she had not missed any births lately. But there was a sensitivity to her features as Ktulu spoke, a sore subject for her. With the soreness came a bitter pinprick of a reply, sorrow in her eyes. "My time doesn't come, Ktulu. I am far from manageable. Seasons ago I'd been so hopeful, only to have the only person who was not afraid to stand by my side slaughtered before me by my own family. My vengeance could not bring him back, nor the foals we'd dreamed of." This was the first time she'd ever alluded to Ithrim, and the quiet shake of fury in her vocals tangled with sorrow and time-based healing and acceptance. "I'm not exactly a spring filly, Ktulu. I'm older than you and your sister. Possibly put together. And I'm kind of a bitch," she laughed softly, though the self-deprecation was painfully obvious. So much for lightening the mood. "But you...there are plenty of reasons the Earth King would name you the mother of his son. You care, but do not coddle. You encourage growth and strength, open-mindedness and solidarity. But you love them unconditionally, without faltering in your duties as a leader. To me, it's clear why you would be chosen." Birdlike shoulders shrugged easily, falling into awkwardness through her compliments. But a sparkle of laughter was kindled in her gazers, and she laughed. "Oh dear, that brings back some funny memories. I've never held myself to only one gender...love is love, and such a strong emotion shouldn't have boundaries or stipulations. But...I'm also a bit of a romantic..." her voiced dropped to quiet shyness, like a filly with her first confession just passing her lips.

In the end they were both grinning, and Lakota nearly glowed with happiness that Ktulu thought the same. Reaching forth she let out a soft sigh of contentment and relief when the touch was reciprocated. Their breaths mingled in a cloud that covered both features, but as they pulled away after a moment of lingering friendly affection, Lakota clearly saw the inclination of a crowned face. Smiling she began to walk beside her, Ao rushing ahead of them to play in the firefly glowlights on the snow. "It's strange to know the Grey has come so far...but I'll always just be your Poisoner, I don't think I'll ever fit another title," she giggled playfully, extending a bony shoulder to nudge gently, oh so gently, against the mare sharing the beauty of the night with her.

---
Notes: 100th Post!!! <3

Credits

Messages In This Thread
Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 06-19-2013, 06:19 AM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Ktulu - 06-19-2013, 11:04 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 06-22-2013, 11:26 AM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 07-07-2013, 09:16 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Ktulu - 07-07-2013, 10:50 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 07-07-2013, 11:56 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Ktulu - 07-27-2013, 12:08 AM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 07-28-2013, 02:20 PM