the Rift

[PRIVATE] Fairy Lights and Silver Nights

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota
                     Her smile makes you wonder where she's been

Teamwork allows the two mischievous souls to capture and still their chieftess, who chooses to keep her tresses full instead of pulling away from their gentle but firm grasps. Aodaun is nearly out of his mind with delight, something his bonded found infinitely amusing, even as her loving thoughts are interrupted gently by Ktulu’s deep honey voice. Ktulu had still managed to grasp Lakota’s mane as well, giving it a gentle tug, and Lakota made a strange mix of a squeak and a giggle as she repeated the gesture. Simultaneously, they seemed to reach a wordless agreement, and all parties removed their various limbs in order to free their fellow mates. Even so they continued to walk idly, seemingly unable to keep still while talking, laughing softly at Ktulu’s edged words. “Nearly eating yearlings, you say? Hmmm. I confess, I still consider it sweet. Sweet, sweet silence. Though, wouldn’t eating a yearling only have made you larger?” Winking playfully, her gaze ensuring silently that she would never call Ktulu ‘large’ at all- good Gods the mare was as sleek and athletic as a panther, how could she do so truthfully?!- she startled at the silken strands upon her belly, violet orbs wide and breath squeaking with how quickly she sucked in a breath in her surprise. Laughing and shivering at the odd, sensitive sensation, she returned the flick, dark locks chasing after their yang to brush lightly, sweetly, against the dark cherry coat of her best friend.

Crimson eyes did not lock with her lavender for long, though, and Lakota gave a soft sigh when their conversation continued to be so somber over an emotion she held so dear. “But you are not seeing the other side of this, Ktulu. Love can be used against you, but that power is not only held there. Love can fuel your drive, your fight, if you fight for those or for what you love. It is a double-edged sword.” She reminds her of this gently, vocals soft, not wishing to insult or undermine what she had said, but still finding it her duty to fill in- physically, mentally, emotionally, verbally- the holes Ktulu had in those same categories.

Mulberry gazers blinked owlishly in surprise at the next words that fell from the lips of her best friend, turning her brow to the tiara’d doe curiously. Humming softly, she let her crown drift back to where it had been, thinking over it for a few quiet moments, tasting the words to ensure she liked how they were formed before speaking them. “I haven’t felt it, not yet, mostly out of luck and circumstance. But...it’s my belief that we fall in love for different reasons. To grow, mostly, though in what ways is very detailed and intimate.” Turning her dark face to the sky, she mused over it once more, lyrics slow and thoughtful. “Love also has many forms. Many levels. I can love two individuals romantically, but perhaps I love one of these individuals because it is what’s expected of me, or because I have known them forever and they are familiar to me, safe and consistent.” Her mind had no direct correlation to this, so she was speaking mostly out of her own thoughts and conclusions, with no real experience backing it. “But I can love the other just the same; romantically, and with the same amount of passion and dedication. But I can love them because they complete me, they make me a better person. I love them because they will fight for me as I for them, they challenge me and strive to help me grow and become better at whatever it is I desire to dominate.” Cutting herself off, she cleared her throat softly as an excuse to why she did. That was getting a little too soulful, too intimate, and she didn’t want her words to be an obvious sign to her inner thoughts.

“See? I can love them both equally, with the same type of love, but it’s obvious the second individual would be the one my heart would yearn for. Sometimes, you have to follow your heart, because your brain only wishes to be normal, to fit the rules of what we think is correct and that define success.” Thin shoulders shrugged delicately, having nothing more to say considering she had spoken more in those few minutes than she had in the past few days. Ktulu truly did bring a side from her she didn’t anticipate.

“You are my closest friend, Lakota.”

Violets softened with understanding, empathy, and she nuzzled the dark cheek gently as their skin touched. Hearing Ktu’s soft, sad sigh broke her heart. “As you are mine, Ktulu.” That was all that needed to be exchanged. They knew each other well enough to read the subtle messages, to feel the emotions clinging to every syllable, to measure the depth of adoration and loyalty in the other. Crown shook lightly, ebony locks tumbling over her bright gaze. “Worry no longer, friend. Tomorrow is a new day. I swore to heal, and I shall. I allow you to supervise me, do you truly wish us closer, Ktu?” Purring dramatically, fluttering long raven lashes and eyeing her from below them, sultry and alluring as she teased.This was one of the rare times where Lakota could spend time, alone and without barriers, with her best friend and chieftess. She did not want their conversations all to be so sorrowful, she wanted to see her leader laugh and smile.

Which she did when the azure woman challenged her, laughing when she heard the beat of her friend’s hooves through the snow, as familiar as her own. Quickening her pace despite the lead Ktulu had on her, Lakota laughed and squeaked in desperate joy as she tried to evade her swift pursuer. It seemed the adrenaline that fueled those odd noises still hung around from foalhood, she laughed internally. Ktulu’s dark form raced past her, and Lakota made a noise of surprise as snow was thrust upon her in a wave of fluff and cold flakes. Sliding and stumbling while she laughed and regained her bearings, she took off after Ktulu, Ao at her heels. Approaching her Chieftess’ side, she kicked both forelegs out through the snow to force the thick snow up and towards Ktu’s right flank and belly, laughing all the while as if unable to stop, changing in volume and heartiness with each new action.

Credits

Messages In This Thread
Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 06-19-2013, 06:19 AM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Ktulu - 06-19-2013, 11:04 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 06-22-2013, 11:26 AM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 07-07-2013, 09:16 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Ktulu - 07-07-2013, 10:50 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 07-07-2013, 11:56 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Ktulu - 07-27-2013, 12:08 AM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 07-28-2013, 02:20 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Ktulu - 08-15-2013, 10:54 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 08-19-2013, 05:30 AM