the Rift

No Longer Earthbound

Tingal Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: 9 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
      Tingal
      sometimes being unique takes it's toll

I make one mistake, speak one word and FOOM! She's asking what the heck a peacock is. I looked at her, almost ready to laugh. How could she not know what a peacock was? She must be half peacock the way she looks. I flicked my black ears back, my green eyes gazing at her. What in the name was her problem?
"Well... well, uh, you appear to be.. uh... appear to be part peacock." Gods, was it really hard to say one sentence?! Well, she did intimidate me a little bit, the way her voice boomed.

She did not give her name, I snorted, thinking of her as a stubborn mule. I wanted to give her a good kick, see if that loosens some of her screws. Maybe it'd relax her a little. Nah, I doubted it. Shaking my head, I gazed at her as she said a foreign word. I tilted my head to the side, like something a cat or dog does when confused.
"A what?" She was a snappy, crabby mare. One I did not want to mess with. So I tried not to sound rude back as I spoke. Her snappy mouth was just about making my ears bleed. I kept my ears back, eyes grazing over a flickering shadow. I slunk back, allowing another strange stallion to appear. He was hairy like a wolf, and when I looked down at his hooves... or what was supposed to be his hooves, I saw paws instead. How odd, a half wolf, half horse creature. So I wasn't alone! Inside my heart fluttered and danced, excited to know I was no longer the only oddly mixed hybrid here in Helovia. When he said he was from the Grey, I perked my ears. I did not speak though, for the snappy peacock fem spoke. She said she was named Bellona, and had come from some foreign land. Osiris, the wolf stallion was accompanied by a little lizard creature, a black dragon. I smiled, adoring the lizard.

While in awe, ignoring all around me, or, at least trying to, I heard something. I flicked my ears and heard the slightest of hoof steps accompanied by small paw steps. I turned my head just in time to see a purple mare, a true vision of beauty. I blinked and looked down to see a white tiger, obviously curious about me. I raised a brow, my piercing eyes slithering over the small thing. The cub was small compared to my larger figure, and more tiger-like by comparison. The mare told me her companion did not know what to make of my stripes, and nor did she. I smiled a toothy grin, revealing my teeth. "I'm part tiger, thus the stripes. They aren't much to look at." I flicked my eyes over my back, gazing at them. I flicked my tail, staring at the snarling cub. Now that I think about it, it was kind of funny that the cub was snarling. Did it think I was intimidated or scared of it's small growls?

Osiris introduced his dragon, who was named Comadre. The lavender mare, Yseulte apparently knew Osiris. I looked at the two, wondering how they knew one another. Within that moment, my question was answered when Osiris mentioned saving the mare from herself and not a pack of wolves. So that was likely it. I had never met any of the three that stood before me, so these were all new horses I should take note of. I instantly remembered something, opened my mouth and spoke it. "Osiris? You say you are from the Grey, the herd in the Foothills? I have been meaning to join you, at the moment I am only an outcast with nowhere to go. Is it possible I may go back to the Foothills with you?" It was a poorly worded question, but hey, at least it came out of me. I waited for someone else to talk, standing there as still as a tree.

"Talk"

[[I didn't know where to jump in, so... yeah. Sorry if it's confusing... and late. ^^; Nyte gave me permission to post seeing as how it would have been her turn.]]
MoonsongStock | table by Tay

i am a king
and the world is beneath me

Messages In This Thread
No Longer Earthbound - by Bellona - 06-21-2013, 11:47 AM
RE: No Longer Earthbound - by Tingal - 06-21-2013, 12:50 PM
RE: No Longer Earthbound - by Bellona - 06-23-2013, 08:24 PM
RE: No Longer Earthbound - by Osiris - 06-26-2013, 10:36 PM
RE: No Longer Earthbound - by Bellona - 06-27-2013, 05:38 AM
RE: No Longer Earthbound - by Yseulte - 06-29-2013, 07:00 PM
RE: No Longer Earthbound - by Yseulte - 07-09-2013, 04:11 AM
RE: No Longer Earthbound - by Osiris - 06-29-2013, 10:02 PM