the Rift

Wintersun

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
The day was no longer something to be awaited because it certainly never came. Hours upon hours were spent wondering where the sun had gone and perhaps it was just as well- my heart was filled with the darkness of death and future disaster. Torasin and Solstice had been taken from our lives in one foul swoop and the illness that remained in their wake was nothing to be proud of. I was shaking with anger, desiring more than ever to seek vengeance on those whose names I shall not speak. But of course, only one killer was known, one murderer who cared naught for the hate he had instilled in my heart for his cause. One day I would find him and destroy him for what he had done… Was it not just that I repay him the favor? I could only assume it was deserved.

The moon hung high above me for its nightly revolution had been paused, turning a single night into one blasphemous eternity. I had no explanation for the change nor did I understand what was changing here in Helovia. Though, I did know that at some point I would have to venture away from the routine I had adopted as of late in order to put reason behind all that was suddenly becoming strange. Where had the sun gone? Why was the world plaguing us with eternal darkness? It was hauntingly beautiful in the Edge now that the Goddess was able to revel in her ultimate divinity- but I was still slightly wary as to how this had all come to be.

Perhaps now was as good a time as any to seek her celestial council.

But of course I always had a way of putting things aside when they needed my attentions most… which would explain why I had once again ended up in the Threshold floundering about in the twilight like a giant oaf. There’s nothing graceful about a massive stallion trying to struggle his way through the underbrush of the claiming grounds, nothing graceful about it at all. But as the wintry winds of Frostfall breezed past my face making it impossible to tactfully locate anything other than the path ahead of me, I stumbled upon the faintest of scents so young and wild.

It was gone in an instant but that did not make it impossible to pursue. Instead, it made me more vehement, determined to find its source. However, with the trees catching my sides from time to time and the prickly brush of the forest floor hacking away at my underbelly, I knew that it wouldn’t be long before I gave up my search entirely. That is, until I nearly tripped over the young filly herself, hidden away at the edge of the forest, staring callously into the clearing beyond.

I murmured softly to the youth, hoping that my approach would not alarm her. But of course, I knew from experience that it was very likely that she had not been expecting an animal so large to greet her upon entering Helovia. Many of them also found it hard to believe that many of us were adorned and decorated with the strangest of colors, with wings and horned faces. However, we were not so different in retrospect… not so different at all.

“Seems to be a bad night for a young one such as yourself to be out wandering the claiming grounds. Tell me girl, why are you here?” I was not overpowering or crude, just truthful and perhaps a bit cold. So without hesitation, I stretched the frail appendages at my side to guide the wind away from our tired faces. They were not much in the way of protection from the icy torrents, but at least they would give us some reprieve until we had successfully sorted out a plan of action for the little one and myself.

Image Credits

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Wintersun - by Sia - 06-21-2013, 11:57 AM
RE: Wintersun - by Thor - 06-21-2013, 01:17 PM
RE: Wintersun - by Sia - 06-22-2013, 02:19 AM
RE: Wintersun - by Thor - 06-22-2013, 08:39 PM
RE: Wintersun - by Descaro - 06-23-2013, 07:00 AM
RE: Wintersun - by Sia - 07-01-2013, 06:50 PM
RE: Wintersun - by Roland - 07-08-2013, 03:08 AM
RE: Wintersun - by Sia - 07-08-2013, 08:23 PM