[OPEN] Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any]

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

mesec</style>
      boy of the night fell from the stars</style>

Darkness.

That was the only way to describe the world in which I woke to. Confusion had hit me just seconds after I pulled my eyes open; shouldn't it have been daylight by now? Casting my eyes towards the sky, I searched for any sign of the mark of Mother. The Moon had been full the previous night, and now, it was simply gone. All around me, the faint silhouettes of my surroundings, too, were simply gone. There was literally nothing but black.

'Mesec,' a voice suddenly echoed in the caverns of my mind, 'Soon, the world will be dark, and you will be the only one who will understand its ways and desires.' My eyes widened at the message, for I was unknowing of my Mother's earlier visitation, lost to slumber. 'You are a strong boy, and you must lead them with your knowledge. Goodbye.'

My skin began to crawl and prickle as the message faded, sinking in. Not entirely sure what had happened to the four Gods of Helovia, I found myself unable to fully grasp the meaning of my Mother's words. Was she safe, and would she come back? What had she meant when she said that I must now lead them? Them who? My mind led me to believe that she meant the others who called Helovia home, but how was I to do that? I was barely over a year old, and a mere colt and nothing more in the eyes of many; and now, I was to take over my Mother's role. "But how, Mother?" I asked with my eyes cast skyward, searching for the absent Moon, "... I am only a child."

However, my question warranted no answer, and I exhaled a heavy sigh. I needed Ophelia.

In the distance I could make out a faint light, and that is where I chose to go. Deciding not to risk the possible treacheries of walking in pitch darkness, at least not yet, I pulled the sheer darkness in from all around me and within a second, found myself at the waterfall of the Foothills. It glowed in a myriad of colors, lighting the immediate area all around me. While eerie, it was beautiful, a beacon of light and hope in this time of uncertainty and sheer darkness.

As I turned myself around to face the darkness of the Foothills once more, I lifted my head and gave a shrill call to any and all who could hear me. What did they think what happening? Were they as fearful as I was? Was there even anyone left...? I quickly swallowed the thought and shoved it out of my head, for I couldn't be alone in this eternal night. It was my time to take control and lead them, even if the thought seemed impossible to me at this point in time.

Credits
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Mesec - 06-21-2013, 04:25 PM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Apollo - 06-21-2013, 07:16 PM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Ophelia - 06-21-2013, 11:32 PM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Hana - 06-23-2013, 01:47 AM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Hana - 06-28-2013, 12:23 AM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Panzram - 06-23-2013, 09:01 AM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Mesec - 06-24-2013, 09:10 PM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Apollo - 06-24-2013, 09:35 PM