the Rift

[OPEN] Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
Mesec's touch, reassuring and so very solid, and proof that he wasn't alone in this terrible, horrifying darkness was enough to calm Apollo's panic, at least for the time being. He still shifted and jumped at every sound around them, nostrils flaring wide and ears swiveling in every which direction, but the Medic's amber orbs remained on the child of night. He was numb as more approached, yet his head still turned towards the soothing familiarity of Ophelia's voice.

No matter his fear, Apollo turned his eyes away from the very intimate display between mother and child, not wanting to intrude. While the black and white Paint knew that Mesec was not Ophelia's true child, he knew that they had such a bond as a mother and son... And the relief on Mesec and Ophelia's face both gave away just how very relieved they were to see one another. Apollo's heart yearned for that very feeling of relief, and his mind turned towards the wayward form of Andreas, his long-lost sister... Would they ever cross paths? If it were so, he could only hope that it wouldn't be in this terribly bleak time.

More arrived, Hana and Panzram both. He listened, dutifully silent as Ophelia spoke of the events that happened in the Thistle Meadow, and Apollo's jaw nearly dropped in a shocked stupor. The Gods... Were gone? How? Why? Yet, Ophelia herself answered those very questions, and that only caused more to surface in the overo's panic-stricken mind. Would the Gods come back? How long would they be gone?

"... Do you think they'll return?" Apollo asked softly, his voice trembling and echoing throughout the silence.

Terrified honey-brown eyes locked on the familiar golden hues of the Pegasus male, and as Panzram came forward and pressed his muzzle against Apollo's shoulder, the Medic let out a deep breath of gratitude. It was a relief in itself to see that his newfound friend was safe and sound. Panzram's touch was appreciated and comforting, much like Mesec's, and Apollo turned his own head and rubbed his cheek against the ebonite Pegasus' neck, mindful of the crystalline horn upon his brow. Despite the fact that they had only recently met, Apollo felt himself leaning towards Panzram, yearning for some kind of familiarity to rely on in these uncertain times. Then, Hana spoke of magic, and Apollo's eyes grew wide.

Amber eyes darted between Hana and Mesec, and for the first time, Apollo realized another reason for his fear. He felt... Empty. Devoid of the soothing feeling of his magic, and a choked gasp left his lips. "I... I can't either," he murmured, clearly frigtened even more but doing his best to keep calm, "My magic is gone as well... B-but... Why can Mesec use his magic when none of us can?" There was no blame nor bitterness in Apollo's tone, just genuine curiosity. "Is it because... Because of who he is?"

Credits

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Mesec - 06-21-2013, 04:25 PM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Apollo - 06-21-2013, 07:16 PM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Ophelia - 06-21-2013, 11:32 PM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Hana - 06-23-2013, 01:47 AM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Hana - 06-28-2013, 12:23 AM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Panzram - 06-23-2013, 09:01 AM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Mesec - 06-24-2013, 09:10 PM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Apollo - 06-24-2013, 09:35 PM