the Rift

[OPEN] Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia watched a mare approach, a sister of Lakota, if she had read minds correctly, and she listened her her words. Magic gone? The pale mare looked deeply into her eyes, trying to access the secrets of her mind, but she felt nothing. No whisper, no feeling of leafing through the layers of ivy wrapped around a tree, not even a feeling of her psyche. In a way, she was blinded, but now, she was perfectly... normal. Well, not normal. The memory she possessed was freakishly physiological, but she was equal in every way.

The pale mare nodded when the healer spoke. "I understand, dear. I can no longer... peer into the minds of others," she replied. "You are most likely right, that what the gods create, they can take away. They grant us magic, and in their absence, the powers are no longer able to be activated within our souls," she mused, having her own theory on the metaphysics of magic.

She nodded solemnly and sighed. "Hope, and adapt, you are right. We will need to change." Her words were mirrored by a stranger, another stallion, and she smiled softly, if he could see the expression in the murk. Mesec spoke again, and she gently lifted her neck from his, allowing him the floor in his wisdom. Phi nodded. "We should gather the herd and search for your sister soon," she replied. "And we should stay close to each other, never venture too far into the dark."

As Mesec spoke, the fact that the gods had disappeared one by one now made sense. Each god must have spoken to their children. That in itself was a promise of a return, a sign of caring. The Moon God had told him to lead with his knowledge, and she wondered what knowledge that was. Knowledge of the gods? Of the darkness? Of magic? Of the heart? She did not envy Mesec and this quest he had been placed upon, or the expectation and need that suddenly rested upon his shoulders.

When he said that he could use magic, she thought about the situation as Apollo spoke and hummed. "I would assume that since you have god blood running in your veins that you are more closely related to the essence of magic than we are," she mused. "Or, perhaps the gods are sustaining your powers but unable to do so for the rest of Helovia." Ophelia nodded. "Either way, I see this as a sign, and a promise of return. The gods have left Mesec and his siblings to guide us, and we should serve them and aide them in their quests."

The pale mare smiled at Mesec. "You can lead us now, Mesec. I will aide you how I can."

Image by Yumpy @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Mesec - 06-21-2013, 04:25 PM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Apollo - 06-21-2013, 07:16 PM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Ophelia - 06-21-2013, 11:32 PM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Hana - 06-23-2013, 01:47 AM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Hana - 06-28-2013, 12:23 AM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Panzram - 06-23-2013, 09:01 AM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Mesec - 06-24-2013, 09:10 PM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Apollo - 06-24-2013, 09:35 PM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Ophelia - 06-25-2013, 01:56 AM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Panzram - 06-28-2013, 06:28 PM