the Rift

[OPEN] Silent night.

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!
HOTOTO</style>
   HE WHO IS BRAVE IS FREE.</style>

From the darkness, mother and Nuna arrive. I feel my heart clench in my chest, but I have no choice. Father had entrusted me with an important task, and I must take it up with all of my strength. I may not have much to offer, but what little I do have would be given to those around me, even if it meant taking away my presence from the family I had known and loved for my entire life.

Much like always, mother already knew I needed to leave. She had always known things about me before I did. She knew I had magic much before I noticed. She knew when I was hurting those close to me. She knew who my father was before I could even contemplate it. She knew I was growing up. She knew that I had a reason for being born of divine lines. She knew it all, an I was left literally in the dark before I came to this conclusion. I smile meekly at her, my eyes saddened, but my head held high. My body was not yet down growing, but I needed to be ready for life's demands. I would meet the world with a brave face.

I stepped close to mother and went to nuzzle her neck one more time. It was then the tearful voice of my sister rang in my ears, and I turned my saddened eyes to meet hers. They were so small, youthful, and confused. I knew that my Nuna would not understand why I needed to leave her side now, but someday perhaps my words would make sense.

"My father came to see me, Nuna," I say quietly down toward her after a quick glance in the direction of my silent mother. "He gave me the task of protecting all of the Helovians in his absence." I reach down toward her small forehead, nimbly avoiding the little nub of a horn that began to form there. She would be much like mother in that regard, but with wings like me. "You have to stay here and watch after mother and Bear," I say with a smile, though it feels heavy and forced upon my lips. "I will come visit when I can and will be back by your side before you know it."

I hoped she would understand, or, at least, that she would not be worried in my absence.
""

Stock Providers: Horse, Wings, and Background.

Messages In This Thread
Silent night. - by Hototo - 06-21-2013, 06:33 PM
RE: Silent night. - by Ktulu - 06-23-2013, 05:56 PM
RE: Silent night. - by Hototo - 06-23-2013, 06:11 PM
RE: Silent night. - by Ophelia - 06-24-2013, 05:13 PM
RE: Silent night. - by Ktulu - 06-25-2013, 08:55 PM
RE: Silent night. - by Hototo - 06-26-2013, 06:30 PM