the Rift

[PRIVATE] News of the Beloved (Kri)

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I MADE A THRONE FOR HOPE TO SIT.</style>

"These are troubling times," I say with a sad tone. My long standing friendship with Mirage had tied our homes together; any member of the World's Edge rested in my heart as family, no less than my own kin here. I lower my head for a moment of pure silence, the wind around me growing still as I stand within my own, stolid world. The loss of not one soul but two at the hands of the Basin - Psyche had gone too far.

My heart beats slowly, and I take a deep breath finally and raise my eyes to meet Valentine. I nod once, remembering the rest of his words now, but still feeling numb on the periphery of my senses. There was little reassurance I could offer to him. The Basin's numbers only seemed to swell, though I had no idea how many horned heads fell under Psyche. Meanwhile, the desert seemed to empty. Strange, considering the desert was a nice retreat from the snow-laden land of Helovia this season. Regardless, we may have stronger hearts than the black, decayed muscle in the chest of the Lady of the North, but pure brawn can outweigh even the deepest beating heart if numbers fall ill. Should they attempt to bring their violence to my sands, I do not believe I would be able to stop them.

I offer a small smile, melancholy lines still present around its edges. "I am proud of you, brother, giving aid to our kin in their times of need." By standing with the World's Edge, we were stronger, yet I feared for the future of my loved ones.

Thinking back to the question posed by my herdmate, I sigh heavily. "Upon your arrival in my lands, you pleaded a spot here to begin a new life. You spoke of a group of racists harbored in the Basin, who sought to murder all races aside from unicorns," my voice is even, but relatively quiet. I did not wish to spook the child who stood close by. Life would force her to grow up soon enough, without the aid of harsh reality being slammed into her ears. Evils were abundant past the sunny borders of the Throat. She would learn this soon enough.

"My guess is Psyche did not wish me to know of the racists you mentioned."

image by mandj98 @ flickr.com

Messages In This Thread
News of the Beloved (Kri) - by Valentine - 06-21-2013, 07:19 PM
RE: News of the Beloved (Kri) - by Kri - 06-27-2013, 10:21 PM
RE: News of the Beloved (Kri) - by Valentine - 06-28-2013, 04:05 PM
RE: News of the Beloved (Kri) - by Kri - 07-07-2013, 04:30 PM