the Rift

[OPEN] What may lurk in shadow.

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

Would I be smarter if I could? No. See. Being smart is no fun. You have to think about things. You have to analyze and evaluate ideas. You have to lay and wonder, stand and ponder, walk and muse. Who has time for that. Not me. I've got more important things to do. What could be more important than thinking, you may ask? Well if those are the kinds of questions you're asking, then you're just too smart for this. You're doing that thing again; that thing where you analyze and evaluate. Wonder, ponder and muse. What did I just tell you. No one has time for that. Life is a lot more fun when you just get to flounce your way through it. No worries, no pressure, no stress. Stress is bad for your complexion. If you could only be one- pretty or smart- which would you chose? I think you already know my answer.
The painted mare walked daintily through the tall grasses. She didn't like how high they were. Despite it being frostfall, their thick dead stalks rose well above her withers. Without a doubt, they would dirty the coat she took such painstaking care of. Having been accepted to the World's Edge, she had decided to take some time to explore on her own. She had only just arrived here and all she had been able to see thus far was the Threshold, the World's Edge and Duchanar's ass on the walk from the first to the second. Unfortunately, her wandering could not have come at a worse time. It had fallen to the dead of night while it was supposed to be the light of day. Kahlua wasn't smart enough to ponder all the intricacies of nature, but she was fairly certain that the sun was supposed to remain during the day time. At least in her home land. There were lots of new surprises here- magic, pegasi, unicorns. All were strange and new, but exciting nevertheless.

Without any light to guide her and barely being able to see a few feet in front of her, Kahlua continued forth in the hopes of finding a light source. As luck would have it, she emerged from the tall grasses and a glowing basin of red fire lighted the area. It was not more than 100 yards off. Shaking violently, Kahlua shed little pieces of grass and other dirt that had stuck to her coat walking through the grasses. One particularly annoying piece of grass stuck in her mane, and she tried in vain to remove it. It was too close to her poll for her to grab with her teeth. Damn, she thought to herself. Picking up a trot, Kahlua padded across the clay until she was within 50 yards of the flaming pool. The head was intense. She was glad for it. Taking a moment to warm herself and enjoy the light, Kahlua began to look around her. To her surprise, she found a winged, painted mare scrambling across the land. Curiosity overtook her and Kahlua trotted after until the other came to a halt and began to speak. Kahlua followed suit, halting herself and couldn't help but laugh; however, until Kahlua knew this mare would be of no use to her she would be kind. “What light do you need that isn't already in front of you?” Fear... a feeling of smarter animals. The darkness did nothing but hinder Kahlua physically. She did not feel an emotional fear- more a curiosity. “I am Kahlua of the World's Edge. What troubles you, friend?” Kahlua's voice was warm and her smile inviting. This was not her normal state of being, but what was? She was whatever those in the near vicinity needed her to be. As far as she could tell, this mare needed kind words and a friend. So that's what she was.
.KAHLUA

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
What may lurk in shadow. - by Onni - 06-21-2013, 08:24 PM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Kahlua - 06-21-2013, 11:04 PM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Onni - 06-22-2013, 12:01 AM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Kahlua - 06-22-2013, 01:00 AM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Onni - 06-23-2013, 05:23 PM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Kahlua - 06-23-2013, 07:07 PM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Onni - 06-23-2013, 07:27 PM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Kahlua - 06-23-2013, 10:23 PM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Onni - 06-28-2013, 02:11 AM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Kahlua - 06-30-2013, 10:00 AM