the Rift

[OPEN] What may lurk in shadow.

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

Smiles. The painted mare smiled and Kahlua forced one to her own face. She didn't know what she was smiling for. Everything about this place was confusing and soul churning. If she was certain about nothing else, she was certain she had picked the wrong time to call this place home. Beggars can't be choosers, but god a wanderer could have waited a few more months to find a home. Loorien was wide. She should have just kept on walking. Hell, the World's Edge was wide. She should have stayed home with Duchanar, as bland as he may be. Her smile faded. What was she doing?

The painted mare quaked- Kahlua moved her hind right foot back a step. She usually loved life. She didn't like this feeling. Fear. Confusion. These weren't emotions she generally harbored. Had somebody asked, she probably couldn't have described what she was feeling. Laughing from the painted mare. It was harsh and unsettling. Kahlua wanted to laugh too, she didn't know why. Perhaps for comfort, perhaps because she felt confused. Instead, she turned to look at the flames as the painted mare spoke. She had to escape the crazed look of her companion. The flames brought some comfort, but not enough. “But them who? What are they? Where do they come from?” Kahlua's words snapped harshly at her companion. She spoke quickly and her tone betrayed some anger.

Kahlua didn't understand any of this one bit and she was scared. Being scared made her mad. Maybe because she didn't know what she was scared of. Maybe because she did and she wanted it to stay hidden. The painted mare's shuffling didn't help. Kahlua lashed out again in her frustration. She couldn't help it. So much for being nice. “Who are you anyways? I think you need some help. There's something wrong with you.” What was usually a laughing, sing-song voice was harsh and cold. She finished taking the backwards step she had started earlier and stared down the painted mare. She should leave. Something kept her here.
What am I doing? I don't know. What are you doing? I don't know that either. I don't even think you know. So if there is nothing to be scared of, and I'm certain there isn't, why are you so freaked out. And why do you have me so freaked out. Why am I standing here? Why don't I leave? See, look what you're doing. I know I'm not smart enough to think about all this stuff. I'm standing here questioning life and I know I don't have the answers. This isn't me. Something is wrong. I think its you.
.KAHLUA

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
What may lurk in shadow. - by Onni - 06-21-2013, 08:24 PM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Kahlua - 06-21-2013, 11:04 PM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Onni - 06-22-2013, 12:01 AM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Kahlua - 06-22-2013, 01:00 AM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Onni - 06-23-2013, 05:23 PM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Kahlua - 06-23-2013, 07:07 PM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Onni - 06-23-2013, 07:27 PM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Kahlua - 06-23-2013, 10:23 PM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Onni - 06-28-2013, 02:11 AM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Kahlua - 06-30-2013, 10:00 AM